Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: To sts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i stopped playing when the plat push began. I understand sts needs to make money but make it with crates, vanities, pets, etc. I'm not paying for more energy. I'm not paying through crafting to get a super crate, etc. Here's a little story a salesman told me once:

"customers are like sheep. you can either 1) sheer the sheep all at once and make a big profit. In which case the sheep will die and you'll be forced to get another sheep. or 2) sheer the sheep a little at a time. you won't make a big windfall but you'll have a study revenue stream for the life of the sheep (a longer period of time)."

sts is going for the first option. The problem i have is i want them to be a WoW like company where they have 1 game that is successful. They want to be a King like company and come out with a new candy crush every year and reap a financial windfall from a fad then abandon that game and come out with a new one.

The energy system was tried in DL and it failed miserably. It didn't take a rocket scientist to foresee how it would turn out here. Weeks before the goblin campaign was released people expressed their overwhelming hatred for energy. Sts still rolled it out. During and after the goblin event people expressed their overwhelming hatred for energy. Energy is still going to be in the new campaign.

Sts has repeatedly "changed their minds" and left the community in an uproar. The latest episode was samhayne telling everyone that crates would have the new mythics in them. I went out and spent all my gold on crates. Now we learn he changed his mind. That's not good business.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post: