Thread: Lvl 50 sentinel dex bear help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Default Lvl 50 sentinel dex bear help?

Hi guys, I'm new to bear so 'bear' with me hehe. Just got a sentinel set but not going too well, mages destroy me.. anyone know a solid skill build and what way to spread the points between Dex and Str? Thank you!

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Tips: Birds r likely to use repause shot on u so use hs when theu do and nothing else, try using beckon and 3 slashes then stomp rather than he common new bear noob build of beckon stomp then slashes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Armourslash For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Search up: "Reun's Level 50 Death Bear Guide!". I'm not too sure it's still viable though, but feel free to check it out.
    ya YEET

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Laar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    Search up: "Reun's Level 50 Death Bear Guide!". I'm not too sure it's still viable though, but feel free to check it out.
    Yeah I tried that but god damn mages keep destroying me... maybe just because I'm not used to bear pvp.. Thanks anyway!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Waiting for Reun to post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Dun worry. Just kite them and use ur range knowledge. Fire and beckon have the same range, so use that to your advantage. Plus if U run outta health make sure u stomp and hellscream to stop them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Bear isn't really good at death set if for me I prefer royal sewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcorexd:1691187
    Bear isn't really good at death set if for me I prefer royal sewer
    Ya but real pros go pure dex with sent.
    ya YEET

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Depends if you are going pure sentinel or mixing with strength to go rift. Vs. birds, pure dexterity is good with talon set with the high dodge and auto from the talon. However, skill dmg is significantly lower than shotgun set, but that doesn't really matter considering how fast the fight will be, only being able to get in one combo with SG set vs. birds. Mages are pretty easy also if you have the right tactics. The combo is also very simple as well, it's just to time it perfectly which is the toughest part of fighting all classes.

The combo is vs. kite mages: (talon set is better imo) Taunt x2, buffs. Wait for fire, close in, beckon, HS, cripple, CB, stomp to wall or tree, HS (to keep stunned), SMS, Venge

The combo is vs. nuke mages: (talon set for the armor) Taunt x2, buffs. Beckon, HS, CB, stomp + SMS super quickly, close in, HS, cripple, venge

The combo is vs. birds: (talon or SG works equally good) Taunt x2, buffs. Beckon, HS, wait for roots. Stomp, SMS to wall. CB, Crippling, Venge

The combo is vs. 51 RS bears: (shotgun set is your best bet), Taunt x2, defensive buffs (this is very crucial). Kite in 13m, wait for beckon. HS, stomp, SMS, cripple. Keep on stunning them until their buffs run out, then press rage and then LolbeckonHSCBCrippleStompSMSVenge quicker than a hungry boar looking for its lunch.

The combo is vs. 50 sentinel bears: (talon set vs. Shotgun, Shotgun set vs. talon),

Talon set vs. shotgun: Taunt x2, buffs. The key to winning is to get close and pin. The upside of shotgun is the range, but if you can close in then shotgun will be super duper pooper squishy. So beckon HS cripple CB Stomp SMS to a wall or tree, keep stunning and pinning with cripple.

Shotgun set vs. talon set: Taunt x2, buffs. The key to winning is by taking advantage of your range. Kite a lot and only get in close when the opponents pulling, stunning and pinning skills are on CD. Really it is not a set combo, but more of a prediction game. remember, you r not rift and u r squishier than a sponge. Don't stay close for too long.

K like dats all i remember so liek rekt some ppl and liek be pro k? k

Btw, mages r ur biggest threat if 51, partially because of the high damage and armor they have compared to shadow sets. I recommend to avoid them at every price, but fight them once in a while to improve. Birds r ur biggest threat at 50 though, and beware of ppl like MightyMicah and Susp (not sure if he stll plays tho)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

dont ask me for ffa fights though i know some pretty basic tactics but rly im not good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    Depends if you are going pure sentinel or mixing with strength to go rift. Vs. birds, pure dexterity is good with talon set with the high dodge and auto from the talon. However, skill dmg is significantly lower than shotgun set, but that doesn't really matter considering how fast the fight will be, only being able to get in one combo with SG set vs. birds. Mages are pretty easy also if you have the right tactics. The combo is also very simple as well, it's just to time it perfectly which is the toughest part of fighting all classes.

The combo is vs. kite mages: (talon set is better imo) Taunt x2, buffs. Wait for fire, close in, beckon, HS, cripple, CB, stomp to wall or tree, HS (to keep stunned), SMS, Venge

The combo is vs. nuke mages: (talon set for the armor) Taunt x2, buffs. Beckon, HS, CB, stomp + SMS super quickly, close in, HS, cripple, venge

The combo is vs. birds: (talon or SG works equally good) Taunt x2, buffs. Beckon, HS, wait for roots. Stomp, SMS to wall. CB, Crippling, Venge

The combo is vs. 51 RS bears: (shotgun set is your best bet), Taunt x2, defensive buffs (this is very crucial). Kite in 13m, wait for beckon. HS, stomp, SMS, cripple. Keep on stunning them until their buffs run out, then press rage and then LolbeckonHSCBCrippleStompSMSVenge quicker than a hungry boar looking for its lunch.

The combo is vs. 50 sentinel bears: (talon set vs. Shotgun, Shotgun set vs. talon),

Talon set vs. shotgun: Taunt x2, buffs. The key to winning is to get close and pin. The upside of shotgun is the range, but if you can close in then shotgun will be super duper pooper squishy. So beckon HS cripple CB Stomp SMS to a wall or tree, keep stunning and pinning with cripple.

Shotgun set vs. talon set: Taunt x2, buffs. The key to winning is by taking advantage of your range. Kite a lot and only get in close when the opponents pulling, stunning and pinning skills are on CD. Really it is not a set combo, but more of a prediction game. remember, you r not rift and u r squishier than a sponge. Don't stay close for too long.

Btw, mages r ur biggest threat if 51, partially because of the high damage and armor they have compared to shadow sets. I recommend to avoid them at every price, but fight them once in a while to improve. Birds r ur biggest threat at 50 though, and beware of ppl like MightyMicah and Susp (not sure if he stll plays tho)
    Wow thank you so much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Also could you recommend a build?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Check out my guide that Laar posted, there's 2 builds on it that you can use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Check out my guide that Laar posted, there's 2 builds on it that you can use.
    Thank you!!