Thread: Suggestion: Range Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Default Suggestion: Range Tutorial

I think that in the beginning tutorial, newbies should be educated about the importance of range. Range is definitely the most important aspect of the game (that's not dictated by gear). They should have to go through a series of visuals (tests?) that show 12m/10m/8m/4m. It wouldn't be much of an addition, perhaps just add an NPC that says "from here to that ____ is 10m! This is your standard weapon range! Try shooting at that ____ right now!"

This small addition would provide newbies with enhanced game play at the beginning stage through range knowledge, which could help hook players and increase platinum sales, lead to smoother PUG runs, & generally be good for the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

This would only be helpful for PvPing, and I wouldnt suggest newbies should PvP, and besides, there's already a tutorial that teaches the basics of PL
    "He who thinks by the inch and talks by a yard, deserves to be kicked by the foot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Narb View Post
    This would only be helpful for PvPing, and I wouldnt suggest newbies should PvP, and besides, there's already a tutorial that teaches the basics of PL
    This would be helpful for PvE as well, preventing spamming of skills from too far/wasting mana/and creating a smoother leveling environment. Also, the tutorial of PL teaches I think 3 things:
    Click on your target!
    Press Auto Attack!
    Use a potion!

There is nearly no information about ranges/comboes, the more advanced mechanics that help people become more interested in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

A while back I suggested that there be some info on range in early play as well. My idea was that there could be a range circle drawn on the player showing the distance that their weapon or spell reaches. For example, on some early level a mage hits lightning and a blue circle of the skill's range appear for a second. The player could use that to get used to what the skill's range looks like to better judge it later when there is no range assistance. It seems like it would be very useful for understanding basic things like the difference between a recurve and a crossbow, for example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    A while back I suggested that there be some info on range in early play as well. My idea was that there could be a range circle drawn on the player showing the distance that their weapon or spell reaches. For example, on some early level a mage hits lightning and a blue circle of the skill's range appear for a second. The player could use that to get used to what the skill's range looks like to better judge it later when there is no range assistance. It seems like it would be very useful for understanding basic things like the difference between a recurve and a crossbow, for example.
    Definitely, it shouldn't be too hard to implement and will only do good for PL.