Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: An Explanation of Tiers, Leaderboards and the Energy System During Ursoth's Assault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Thanks for the teaser. However the energy system is still limiting.

Energy should be made more easily available and instead it is the Portals that should be made rarer than the goblin event so that we can have fun "hunting" for portals. 1 energy every 8 hrs or purchasing energy kits or crafting essences into energy sounds good on paper but it will not be much different from the Goblin event. Lets be honest, while the non-millionaire player is crafting essences into energy in his very little limited crafting slots, the millionaires will already surpass his tier points by leaps and bounds, and yes, he can never be on the LB for Shady and Surge. Inspite of the craftable kits which are not much of a consolation, this will be the real picture I assume, unless Energy is made more accessible to all.

Breezaga was so rare in the Tarlok event and yet everybody had the chance to open an event chest and by luck, acquire it. This time round, the leaderboard and the best pet are apparently pay-to-enter and win. The gap that was evident in the Goblin Event between the millionaire and the average spender, regarding the LB, will not be filled by the "change" in energy kits that sts has offered. This change is just a change for the sake of it. It is not a move to provide equal opportunity to all, is it? The 1 energy per 8 hr system still exists. The wait will be made a little less by craftable energy, but it will still be a wait that poses a hurdle to participation in the race for LB. We still wont be able to enjoy it freely like the Tarlok event.

Energy kits should drop as essences drop, (why the crafting hassle to further slowdown the player?), as it is crafting slots are only 5. Couldnt this Shady and Surge pet be rewarded in a contest that involves skill and effort instead of gold/plat grabbing energy kits....
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 06-20-2014 at 07:43 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Me hope this event is ok. The free banner, chest and Bear for everyone is enough for me and also me hope is not hard to reach gold tier. Me also want vanity from this event too because its pretty. Me think me want try this event before me mad at STS. Me think they not sleep working for this event. Me hope you all dont mad and give it a try first. Me think. Sorry.

Me Grimlock will save the universe!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Froxanthar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

OMG dat bear!

Sorry my English

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uikuha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

We are no match for the plat and rich players either way.

The portals, honestly doesnt really matter how often or how manny in a map appear, they should just put one in town same as in goblin event since they didn't make the contest for all players.

Actually, they should just put it on the map so you don't have to teleport and loose a few seconds to go to it, they might loose the lb in that time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thx Remi, this is nice event! Can't wait. Fair for all players, my all characters can get nice items. But i see vanity, what about that? Will be in the platstore, when event starts or this vanity is special and We can get this vanity from chests or something like that?

Nelrevete - Rogue lvl41
    Guild: Arlor Scene

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ramboco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfGods View Post
    We are no match for the plat and rich players either way.

The portals, honestly doesnt really matter how often or how manny in a map appear, they should just put one in town same as in goblin event since they didn't make the contest for all players.

Actually, they should just put it on the map so you don't have to teleport and loose a few seconds to go to it, they might loose the lb in that time.
    I agree for the most part. The real fun and team building of the Tarlok event was the portal hunt. Unfortunately that doesn't seem possible now. The combination of Energy and town based portals removed that part of the fun.

I do think the craftable energy is a help. The question I have, which has not been answered yet, is what will be done to adjust essence drop rates? We are going from 3 essences to at least 5 essences so we are going from a 1/3 chance to a 1/5 chance for individual essences when essence drops. If nothing changes to essence drop rate your chance of looting any individual essence when essence drops will go down. By my simple math it will take as long to loot 3 essence for energy as it takes to loot between 5-6 essence today.

So if nothing changes with essence drop rate the 3 essences needed to craft energy is a bit understated in terms of the time required to loot the required essence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Getting shady and surge will make the Timed runs easier for Only 30Players...nah fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

The way I see it,STS has done a good job .
    -You get the new event pet,Dovabear for free if you use your energy that replenish every 8 hours everyday for 3 weeks.Thats new pet for nonplat user too.You just online 15 minutes to use 3 energy kit in three weeks then BAM,you got new pet.
    -Shady and Surge is categorized on Arcane pet which mean they are expansive and extreamly rare just like the other arcane pets.I believe we have heard there are many people that spend 5k-10k of platinums on locked just to get an arcane pet,right?
    -Now we can craft those energy stuff.It mean poor player can obtain these energy kit too.
    -Reaching silver tier give you the chest that has give you a chance to obtain new mythic weapon.
    The conclusion is,STS still favor non plat user.The non plat user just have to obtain the fun harder than the plat user.It always like that since the season 1.Again good job STS

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Archerios For This Useful Post:

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #90
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Fabulous. I would have been happy with less free energy but I will never turn it down None the less, I expect negative feedback. Disregard them, I think the system is much more fair than any if the previous events.

Dovabear is essentially mythic in stats, even if he is lisyed as legendary which has yet to be foreseen, and is just what I was looking for as my 5th damage pet so I'm stoked to grind for him.

Top ten per class receiving Shady and Surge is fair, but it will make the pet much rarer than I was expecting. On one hand top 15-20 per class adds more, but diminishes the healthy competition the lb needs. I'm extremely surprised that the top 50 per class receive that banner. 150 players is the most I've seen receive a single banner. Hopefully I have a chance this time

I am wondering how a three week event will play out. I'd imagine many people will run out of funds since I hit -7mil after 6 days. We will have to see.

---

A few questions:

1) has portal holding been fixed, or will there again be a portal in the event's main town?

2) will the level scaling bug be resolved?

3) any chance we can see the other bear's stats?
    A few answers:

1) has portal holding been fixed, or will there again be a portal in the event's main town?
    There will be a portal in town. Given the issues with controlling portal rarity, we have moved away from hunting portals as the mechanism to access bosses.

2) will the level scaling bug be resolved?
    Yes.

3) any chance we can see the other bear's stats?
    Not yet. We have to leave some things to look forward to finding out about!

Also, something to keep in mind, the Ursoth's Assault event is currently planned to run over at least 3 weekends. That's a lot of time!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Meh! This energy system is boring and annoying! What happened to the good old-fashioned expansions we are accustomed to since season one? Some of us stopped feeding Sts our credit cards a few seasons ago due to the overwhelming greediness of the game when it comes down to developing only new ways for players to buy & spend Platinum, and not creating exciting new maps and challenges for us to explore and conquer with cool new quests to complete. I mean, take a look at the Goblin Event map...the same boring lifeless map with 4 different bosses?! Wow! Way to spend the money players have put into this game for the development of the Arlor story line. (Yes, I am being sarcastic) Why not give us new tombs & mines to run, or create new pvp maps or an updated version of the arena to master? I don't know but my interest in this game is fading and I am looking for more excuses not to play.

Gosh, didn't mean to get so long-winded
    :/
    well said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Getting shady and surge will make the Timed runs easier for Only 30Players...nah fair
    correction the top ten players in lb will take shady and surge so 10players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Sam,

Can STS reconsider this crafting of energy kits? It would be much better to reduce the drop rate by 1/3rd and let mobs drop energy kits themselves. We have limited crafting slots of only 5 and will need these slots to craft event chest. Even if you could make the new essences stashable then at least we can craft the chests on our alts and have our mains crafting energy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusblade View Post
    Calm down, I respect ur post, show ur respect
    Sorry man but got really pissed with letting the time of the energy balls the same it's like going to the lake that is miles and miles away to drink water and then decide not to.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I heard
    New event... AWESOME
    Drop mythic bow of rouge in chest.... AWESOME
    New pets.... AWESOME
    System energy.... BAD lol

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

why no make it like in christmas event? pay 15 plat for join to one boss, really STS want that i want time and money for bought one energy kit, and that of farm essence -.- zzzz lmao

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

this event if is same to goblin event, only rich players who have plat will win the event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    correction the top ten players in lb will take shady and surge so 10players
    Correction: the top ten leaderboarders OF EACH CLASS will recieve shady and surge. So 30 players.
    But you are right: it would be a shame, if these pets were only obtainable through the LB-contest.
    IGN: TAGTRAUM

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

and yes they are who paid real money to sts for food, gear, etc. and for that make it , i understand :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Handel View Post
    Correction: the top ten leaderboarders OF EACH CLASS will recieve shady and surge. So 30 players.
    But you are right: it would be a shame, if these pets were only obtainable through the LB-contest.
    oooooo ok then but still only 30 players will have that pet