Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Legends, some changes that I wish for? :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Default Pocket Legends, some changes that I wish for? :P

Hey guys, this might sound like an excuse but I have been experiencing this "Heal miss" for a long time. I know there were many threads before about this problem and I myself created a thread about this.

1. This is not a global heal lag or whatever you guys call it because if it really was a "lag", I wonder why I don't gain any hp, so I call it a "Heal miss".

2. Pvpers who think this is an excuse, it is not.

3. I am an android user but when I play on pc, my heal works fine except couple of times but on my android device, before forgotten bows were nerfed, heal was perfectly used and my skills weren't even delayed. However, after forgotten bow nerf and class nerf in general, everything seems to lag and problems have been occurring for some reason.

4. I will be honest, even though I like the modern pvp system that we have at the moment, I think it was pretty unfair for the people who were skilled at using forgotten bows when they weren't nerfed. Even though people say the damage is op and what not, I think the forgotten bow was a pretty good tool to use against higher levels who merged down. I also saw less raging when forgotten bows were around because not many people had to blame the lag or anything like that, and it gave many pvpers the opportunity to kill higher levels, and indeed, this felt great xD.

5. Instead of listening to the forumers, before an update, maybe you should create a voting pole inside the game, where every pocket legends users can vote, not the forumers only. (Ex: The pop up where you guys use to notify PL users about your new games, change that to a voting pole).

6. Merge, I would say this is the biggest problem lol. I have seen many pvpers at 35-40 climbing down to 27-30 zone, acting pro with their higher levels and what not. I am fine with this business but I wish plat packs were gone, and iceberg damage should be nerfed a bit. Shivering talon (39-44), iceberg (100+ <-> 100+), plat pack (100+ <-> 200+)

7. Halloween procs, at level 27, when I played forgotten bow mage, I found the procs to be annoying. I know it's based on luck, but the blind shot proc that forgotten bow does is weird. Also, paw procs are pretty op too, decreasing significant armor points. Halloween armor and helm, I love the helms tbh because no stats are required, however, the int set gives too much dodge in general. Dex, str, tbh, they are all the same but their stat difference from the regular armors such as experts 15, sorc 15, alch 15, etc is big big big big problem.

8. Instead of nerfing bird, mage only, consider nerfing the foxes, bears, and rhinos probably? Birds are sooooooooooooooooooooo weak, they don't even do any damage at 27-30 range. I am pretty sure many people at endgame, 51-71, along with low level pvp encounters damage problems. Mages, I think we deserve the "Op" BOM stats back and mana shield should appear right away. Foxes, due to their buff and their iceberg sets at low level, they are pretty op. Halloween int gears make them even more op :P. Mages either have to kite or "run" or get nuked by the iceberg set / swamp items / plat packs. Bears, the stuns are real xD. Rage buff is pretty op too because this class didn't get nerfed. Lower their dodge a bit too please? :P. Rhinos and plat packs, and rhinos in general at 51-71 along with endgame seems to be pretty op too. I played rhino before, but the heal regen system was pretty op.

9. I hope you guys can make a system where merging doesn't exist anymore or maybe make a system where the higher levels become same stat and skills as a lower level pvpers, so that everyone gets an opportunity to taste the balanced pvp system.

10. This is totally my opinion and even though I don't hope for any changes because pocket legends is just a small portion of STS now, due to AL, here are some changes that I wish for.

Thanks for reading!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jyuu1205 For This Useful Post:

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I agree a lot of mages nowadays acting pro over stupid tnings like teaming.

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I think foxes should be buffed in the sense that their buffs only deroot once with evade. The foxes need op dodges to actually do something because of they get rooted more than once, which they do, they have no chance to win.

Also nerf bear rage buff and cb debuffs.
    60damage buff + -65damage+-30dodge debuff= leaves dodge buff useless/ takes more damage away than you buffed up for

Birds need a damage buff possibly(we are considered the main dps dealers but we don't have a damage buff and we have the lowest crit buff)
    Last edited by Rescind; 06-21-2014 at 01:39 PM.

FONDLING, CARESSED, GROPED, BUSTING, JIGGLING, CRUELAID

BOO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

1. Pretty sure the heal lag is the result of
    a) moderately fluctuating ping followed by
    b) pressing heal too fast after other skills.

Doing both at the same time can increase your chances of a heal lag by... a lot.

If it's not, I believe in one of the threads, thescarybeary also said that the heal doesn't actually miss, it works. Somewhere in a thread...might have been yours.

2. Yep, not really sure why anyone cares about excuses in PvP anyway, imo. The game would be a lot more fun if you took what people said at face value.

3. PC usually has more consistent ping, idk about the healing lagging since forg bow nerf though. Before the nerf, most mages at our twinking levels had about 1 heal, so the heal wasn't very noticeable at all. At the levels with higher heal, a lot of the time it was used to heal off ice (which didn't follow spam pressing light & heal that current day 15-35 mage requires.)

4. Those who were good at forgotten bows are still good now. Forgotten bows emphasized the 12m and 8m ranges, and those are still the most important in the game today. Killing higher levels was fun though, until they pulled out a forg bow of their own. Then it was not fun.
    Personally, I didn't really like the 3 second drain ice fire fights. Today's 27 seems to be a lot more skill based, however the community has changed... a lot.

5. Super good idea.

6. Yea, nerf the plat packs, as well as merging. Banning mergers isn't enough, instead of duct taping the leaks in the ship, why don't we just fix the whole damn thing?

7. The proc is incredibly annoying, perhaps nerf it down to -5 or -10% debuff a hit. Definitely. I'd rather take higher damage and no proc than lower damage and yes proc.
    A lot of the halloween armors suck compared to expert/artisans @ lvl 15. If we're comparing a level 25 mantle to a level 15 armor, then that's not even a fair comparison. They're meant to be used 10 levels apart. I think halloween armors were a pretty good idea, lets all classes get about 15% dodge which is...pretty reasonable.

8. Yea, bird needs to be buffed a little bit. Maybe stronger damage skills, or simply add another combo. (Fox has like 3 combos, wtf.)
    Foxes are also pretty simple to beat: use MS after the first combo. Ded 90% of the time.
    Rhinos don't need to be nerfed, although they tank hard, they do next to no damage compared to other classes at 22-30. @16-20, they're a bit harder, but that's because of the plat pack sets, which as you've stated, should be nerfed.
    Mages with instant MS would be way too easy. Part of the difficulty in 22-35 is timing MS just right. There's nothing more satisfying imo than seeing your MS activate with 0HP left. Man, that's exhilarating.
    Uhhhh, bear rage DID get nerfed, along with BOM etc. I think lower crit is a pretty good idea, adds consistency. Definitely lower their dodge though, who gave you guys the idea to let fat bears have 40+ dodge? I think dodge should have a lower cap at least, maybe 25-30% dodge cap, same with crit. If dodge is lowered though, kiting them would become so incredibly easy. They'd need to add damage/armor or something else. Atm, I can probably kill a bear of my same level (30-35) 50% of the time. That's a good success rate, why should mages be allowed to kill bears 100% of the time? Bears are given a chance, and they do lose, because their opportunity is based on luck.

9. Balancing higher level to lower level stats and skills is not balance done right.
    1) this would eliminate twinking levels
    2) wtf would be the point of lower level armors if everyone's stats are the same?
    3) idk, this is just a bad idea Jun.

really well thought out points, although a disagree with many of them, I do agree that merging, plat packs, and fb proc should be fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    1. Pretty sure the heal lag is the result of
    a) moderately fluctuating ping followed by
    b) pressing heal too fast after other skills.

Doing both at the same time can increase your chances of a heal lag by... a lot.

If it's not, I believe in one of the threads, thescarybeary also said that the heal doesn't actually miss, it works. Somewhere in a thread...might have been yours.

2. Yep, not really sure why anyone cares about excuses in PvP anyway, imo. The game would be a lot more fun if you took what people said at face value.

3. PC usually has more consistent ping, idk about the healing lagging since forg bow nerf though. Before the nerf, most mages at our twinking levels had about 1 heal, so the heal wasn't very noticeable at all. At the levels with higher heal, a lot of the time it was used to heal off ice (which didn't follow spam pressing light & heal that current day 15-35 mage requires.)

4. Those who were good at forgotten bows are still good now. Forgotten bows emphasized the 12m and 8m ranges, and those are still the most important in the game today. Killing higher levels was fun though, until they pulled out a forg bow of their own. Then it was not fun.
    Personally, I didn't really like the 3 second drain ice fire fights. Today's 27 seems to be a lot more skill based, however the community has changed... a lot.

5. Super good idea.

6. Yea, nerf the plat packs, as well as merging. Banning mergers isn't enough, instead of duct taping the leaks in the ship, why don't we just fix the whole damn thing?

7. The proc is incredibly annoying, perhaps nerf it down to -5 or -10% debuff a hit. Definitely. I'd rather take higher damage and no proc than lower damage and yes proc.
    A lot of the halloween armors suck compared to expert/artisans @ lvl 15. If we're comparing a level 25 mantle to a level 15 armor, then that's not even a fair comparison. They're meant to be used 10 levels apart. I think halloween armors were a pretty good idea, lets all classes get about 15% dodge which is...pretty reasonable.

8. Yea, bird needs to be buffed a little bit. Maybe stronger damage skills, or simply add another combo. (Fox has like 3 combos, wtf.)
    Foxes are also pretty simple to beat: use MS after the first combo. Ded 90% of the time.
    Rhinos don't need to be nerfed, although they tank hard, they do next to no damage compared to other classes at 22-30. @16-20, they're a bit harder, but that's because of the plat pack sets, which as you've stated, should be nerfed.
    Mages with instant MS would be way too easy. Part of the difficulty in 22-35 is timing MS just right. There's nothing more satisfying imo than seeing your MS activate with 0HP left. Man, that's exhilarating.
    Uhhhh, bear rage DID get nerfed, along with BOM etc. I think lower crit is a pretty good idea, adds consistency. Definitely lower their dodge though, who gave you guys the idea to let fat bears have 40+ dodge? I think dodge should have a lower cap at least, maybe 25-30% dodge cap, same with crit. If dodge is lowered though, kiting them would become so incredibly easy. They'd need to add damage/armor or something else. Atm, I can probably kill a bear of my same level (30-35) 50% of the time. That's a good success rate, why should mages be allowed to kill bears 100% of the time? Bears are given a chance, and they do lose, because their opportunity is based on luck.

9. Balancing higher level to lower level stats and skills is not balance done right.
    1) this would eliminate twinking levels
    2) wtf would be the point of lower level armors if everyone's stats are the same?
    3) idk, this is just a bad idea Jun.

really well thought out points, although a disagree with many of them, I do agree that merging, plat packs, and fb proc should be fixed.
    What he means by same armor is that it would automatically level out the armor you get. The armor at higher lvls give more armor so if it were to automatically lower their armor, it would keep higher lvls from getting an advantage gear wise

BOO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Merging is very annoying, I agree with most of these points.

and jun, pls stop being so good at 15.
    ty.

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

jun plays 15 now?

BOO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rescind View Post
    What he means by same armor is that it would automatically level out the armor you get. The armor at higher lvls give more armor so if it were to automatically lower their armor, it would keep higher lvls from getting an advantage gear wise
    tf, that's exactly my point. why buy higher lvl gear when their gear will scale down to my noob level gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

tf, that's exactly my point. why buy higher lvl gear when their gear will scale down to my noob level gear?
    Maintains your gear but at lower level, only the stats become the same. Like when you target an opponent, your stat automatically becomes the same as the lower level's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

jun plays 15 now?
    Yee daniel, coordinate < 15 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jyuu1205 View Post
    Maintains your gear but at lower level, only the stats become the same. Like when you target an opponent, your stat automatically becomes the same as the lower level's.
    that still wouldn't balance much tho, gear is so much more important than stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Jun is pro at every level watcha talking bout willis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    if you're talking to me, i didn't say he was bad at any level lol. me and him have been buds for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

that still wouldn't balance much tho, gear is so much more important than stats.
    He's talking about if merges happen... As in people over 6lvls than the lobby join

BOO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

He's talking about if merges happen... As in people over 6lvls than the lobby join
    then noobs wud merge up to mess with high lvld...y don't they just patch the thing out. so much ezr. maybe. idk.

FIX THE MERGNING

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Meh ikr, just fix merge in general and that would be great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not at 35 or 40

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Romantica View Post
    Not at 35 or 40
    Yeah I admit I am not good at 35 or 40, but hey, I don't consider "dodge" as a skill :P. Playing 35-40 mage, surrounded by dodge bears, what a fun place?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

THAT, Shoe-Goe-Clean, is very true. Too bad I'm not Jun. I'm, ah, just Shiv.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jyuu1205 View Post
    yeah i admit i am not good at 35 or 40, but hey, i don't consider "dodge" as a skill . Playing 35-40 mage, surrounded by dodge bears, what a fun place?
    impossible.