Thread: Targeting system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Default Targeting system

Sometimes the targeting system locks on a target you do not want (for example a chest in another room) and while this occurs the character walks past close enemies as if they did not exist. I would be great that taping the attack (auto) button would either cycle targets or go to the closest target instead of staying stuck on whatever it saw first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

While a "cycle target" button (NOT the auto-attack button -- sometimes i want to stop attacking to let the tank regain aggro) would be nice, the work-around is to tap the target you do want, or tap yourself to clear the target and then let auto-attack pick up the (now) closest target.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    While a "cycle target" button (NOT the auto-attack button -- sometimes i want to stop attacking to let the tank regain aggro) would be nice, the work-around is to tap the target you do want, or tap yourself to clear the target and then let auto-attack pick up the (now) closest target.
    Really? Thanks! After 3 characters at (almost) 50 I still find out about pretty basic stuff. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Been suggested, but I feel it'd be too easy. Nothing passed hitting the auto button, buy a tank and damage pot, come back 5 min later and be at ol in ao3.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Been suggested, but I feel it'd be too easy. Nothing passed hitting the auto button, buy a tank and damage pot, come back 5 min later and be at ol in ao3.....
    I think you read this wrong -- this is a manual "change target" suggestion, not an "automatically attack any enemy" suggestion. As I noted above, a new "cycle target" button to switch the active target could be useful, especially when there's a bit of a crowd, but as long as you don't fat-finger too much, you can always just tap-to-select the target already.