Thread: A question about the Shadow Veil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A question about the Shadow Veil

Hey guys, i wanna make a rouge and i checked this forum for a good PvE build.
    Everyone says: take Shadow Veil, but whats the good thing about Shadow Veil?
    Gives it damage or what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lenderking14 View Post
    Hey guys, i wanna make a rouge and i checked this forum for a good PvE build.
    Everyone says: take Shadow Veil, but whats the good thing about Shadow Veil?
    Gives it damage or what?
    Viel give armor and dmg ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Your tanks will thank you for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

buff the tanks with armour as well as dmg.

but does it stacks with dmg buff of VB in wars?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    buff the tanks with armour as well as dmg.

but does it stacks with dmg buff of VB in wars?
    No, it does not stack. It's still restricted to the highest buff wins scenario, but really, it provides a consistent and noticeable party buff.

The armor buff may be enough for top geared Rogues to survive an attack from Scorns in elite Tindirin. Plus, with the added damage buff, you will be able to kill things faster. If you have two Rogues in party with a tank for aggro management and a Sorc for crowd control, you can effectively run with armor and damage buffs all the time with rotating Veils.

Also, just to be clear, Veil will override ALL DMG and Armor passives while Veil is active, since the buff from Veil is greater than the 5% max you get from your passives.

Even though it does not stack with the DMG buff from VB, you will still get the armor buff, and in elite Tindirin, it matters...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Also, if you throw it over the mobs, it reduces their damage and hit considerably - enough to make redzones miss. Try it on Alargan! If you keep him under veil, his tail whip and jump up attack will no longer one hit you provided you have decent stats.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Veil will lower the damage and hit chance of enemies, also boosting your damage and armor considerately (Providing you have the upgrades). Nevertheless you only need 4/5 out of the Veil, DO NOT put the exploding upgrade on it (Same with Traps if you use them, DO NOT use the exploding upgrade).
    Delivering Crits all over Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by latortugarabid View Post
    The Veil will lower the damage and hit chance of enemies, also boosting your damage and armor considerately (Providing you have the upgrades). Nevertheless you only need 4/5 out of the Veil, DO NOT put the exploding upgrade on it (Same with Traps if you use them, DO NOT use the exploding upgrade).
    The explosion upgrade is good for timed runs. I personally find the explosion upgrade more useful on veil than traps due to the wider area that veil covers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The explosion upgrade is good for timed runs. I personally find the explosion upgrade more useful on veil than traps due to the wider area that veil covers.
    You're probably right as on the timed runs, but as for PvE or non-timed runs anywhere else, there would be a more useful place to put that skill point.

Delivering Crits all over Arlor.
    Delivering Crits all over Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Also, if you throw it over the mobs, it reduces their damage and hit considerably - enough to make redzones miss. Try it on Alargan! If you keep him under veil, his tail whip and jump up attack will no longer one hit you provided you have decent stats.
    does hit% debuff stacks with prance AA? I always use prance to alragan boss and tarewa cave spider boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    does hit% debuff stacks with prance AA? I always use prance to alragan boss and tarewa cave spider boss
    Nope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Nope.
    oh, this is bad. :/
    anyway, thanx for the info(s)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks guys, so thats an important skill to have:?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lenderking14 View Post
    thanks guys, so that's an important skill to have:?
    yes veil is important. most seasoned and experienced pro rogues will go for veil. my best friend IGN: Ztorma, uses veil. she is one of the strongest rogues i know (besides zeus himself lol xD) and she only solos elite tandirin. she is a really fast solo eliter runner. i ran elite tandirin with her (3rd map) in under 18 minutes. but back to the point at hand. when you use veil and you have two rogues in the party, you want to alternate veil. one person uses it at a time. once it wears off the next rogue drops it, and so on and so forth. this saves both mana pots and and deaths. i am just getting the dinamics of running elites as a pro rogue, so if i have said anything that may be wrong i invite zeus or Kalizzaa to correct me as the are both extremely good rogues. i hope my insight has helped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greandeath View Post
    yes veil is important. most seasoned and experienced pro rogues will go for veil. my best friend IGN: Ztorma, uses veil. she is one of the strongest rogues i know (besides zeus himself lol xD) and she only solos elite tandirin. she is a really fast solo eliter runner. i ran elite tandirin with her (3rd map) in under 18 minutes. but back to the point at hand. when you use veil and you have two rogues in the party, you want to alternate veil. one person uses it at a time. once it wears off the next rogue drops it, and so on and so forth. this saves both mana pots and and deaths. i am just getting the dinamics of running elites as a pro rogue, so if i have said anything that may be wrong i invite zeus or Kalizzaa to correct me as the are both extremely good rogues. i hope my insight has helped
    Spot on - veil buffs/debuffs do not stack, so rotate dropping smoke. There is no point in having two veils active at the same time. If done properly, the majority of your run can be completed fully buffed by veil.

For examples of superstar elite runners, check out my solo leaderboard: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lo-Leaderboard

While the builds and strategies of each player may be slightly different, they all understand the mechanics of elite runs well enough to solo maps quickly. It's important to understand WHAT is happening to truly master the class, and Veil plays a very important role for Rogues both solo and in party.

Equally important is understanding the system limitations. Here is a discussion that was opened when I was testing something and found some odd and unexpected results: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nt-based-buffs

Basically, the results described in this thread implies that DMG elixirs cancel out pet happiness % DMG buffs, pet bonuses cancel out DMG passives and Veil can cancel out both % DMG from pets or passives. As was discovered and eventually described by the Devs, the game engine always takes the single, most potent buff (i.e., buffs do not stack) and can be cancelled out by a debuff (as noted in the PvP arena). Be mindful of this fact!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Spot on - veil buffs/debuffs do not stack, so rotate dropping smoke. There is no point in having two veils active at the same time. If done properly, the majority of your run can be completed fully buffed by veil.

For examples of superstar elite runners, check out my solo leaderboard: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lo-Leaderboard

While the builds and strategies of each player may be slightly different, they all understand the mechanics of elite runs well enough to solo maps quickly. It's important to understand WHAT is happening to truly master the class, and Veil plays a very important role for Rogues both solo and in party.

Equally important is understanding the system limitations. Here is a discussion that was opened when I was testing something and found some odd and unexpected results: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nt-based-buffs

Basically, the results described in this thread implies that DMG elixirs cancel out pet happiness % DMG buffs, pet bonuses cancel out DMG passives and Veil can cancel out both % DMG from pets or passives. As was discovered and eventually described by the Devs, the game engine always takes the single, most potent buff (i.e., buffs do not stack) and can be cancelled out by a debuff (as noted in the PvP arena). Be mindful of this fact!

wow I am shocked that sts has taken this long to make any attempts and fixing the passives and buffs. Most MMORPG's that I have ever played every buff stacks on top of each other. But hey AL is kind of different lol. I am just not starting to get into solo running. It is hard work but I think it pays off. What really strikes me is that rogues are really the supreme class for soloing elites at a fast pace. But either way I love rogues haha so I'm trying to understand them as much as I possible can being a fellow rogue I have tried testing builds but never tried testing the buffs and pet buffs. All around it has surprised me lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to greandeath For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Kali,i saw you using SSS... How is it in elites?
    YOU HAVE FAILED THIS GAME!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

SSS is a joke! I was tinkering with my build during free respec weekend, and I find absolutely no way that SSS can be useful in any elite build.

I will say there there is limited value for SSS in a lv15 hauntlet build, but even then, traps are better. Too bad, because it would be nice to have four attack skills on quick cooldowns, but with SSS doing about the same amount of damage as charged auto, there just isn't anything there to get excited about :-(

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    SSS is a joke! I was tinkering with my build during free respec weekend, and I find absolutely no way that SSS can be useful in any elite build.

I will say there there is limited value for SSS in a lv15 hauntlet build, but even then, traps are better. Too bad, because it would be nice to have four attack skills on quick cooldowns, but with SSS doing about the same amount of damage as charged auto, there just isn't anything there to get excited about :-(

yes but we are on the subject of veil not SSS. I dont really think SSS should really even be in the skills and it gives the lowest dmg out of all the attack skills. I saw a thread about it but I dont remember the name or the link. Back when I first started playing I had SSS and I thought it looked kool but as I grew in lvl I slowly realized I was dieing because it was not giving the dmg I needed to kill fast and not die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Shadow Veil is excellent. After the recent fix, I find more value in using it to debuff enemy mobs and up the armor of close range teammates instead of staying in it to get buffed myself. 3/5 is necessary, 4/5 is optional.