Thread: A question about the Shadow Veil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lenderking14 View Post
    thanks guys, so that's an important skill to have:?
    yes veil is important. most seasoned and experienced pro rogues will go for veil. my best friend IGN: Ztorma, uses veil. she is one of the strongest rogues i know (besides zeus himself lol xD) and she only solos elite tandirin. she is a really fast solo eliter runner. i ran elite tandirin with her (3rd map) in under 18 minutes. but back to the point at hand. when you use veil and you have two rogues in the party, you want to alternate veil. one person uses it at a time. once it wears off the next rogue drops it, and so on and so forth. this saves both mana pots and and deaths. i am just getting the dinamics of running elites as a pro rogue, so if i have said anything that may be wrong i invite zeus or Kalizzaa to correct me as the are both extremely good rogues. i hope my insight has helped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greandeath View Post
    yes veil is important. most seasoned and experienced pro rogues will go for veil. my best friend IGN: Ztorma, uses veil. she is one of the strongest rogues i know (besides zeus himself lol xD) and she only solos elite tandirin. she is a really fast solo eliter runner. i ran elite tandirin with her (3rd map) in under 18 minutes. but back to the point at hand. when you use veil and you have two rogues in the party, you want to alternate veil. one person uses it at a time. once it wears off the next rogue drops it, and so on and so forth. this saves both mana pots and and deaths. i am just getting the dinamics of running elites as a pro rogue, so if i have said anything that may be wrong i invite zeus or Kalizzaa to correct me as the are both extremely good rogues. i hope my insight has helped
    Spot on - veil buffs/debuffs do not stack, so rotate dropping smoke. There is no point in having two veils active at the same time. If done properly, the majority of your run can be completed fully buffed by veil.

For examples of superstar elite runners, check out my solo leaderboard: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lo-Leaderboard

While the builds and strategies of each player may be slightly different, they all understand the mechanics of elite runs well enough to solo maps quickly. It's important to understand WHAT is happening to truly master the class, and Veil plays a very important role for Rogues both solo and in party.

Equally important is understanding the system limitations. Here is a discussion that was opened when I was testing something and found some odd and unexpected results: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nt-based-buffs

Basically, the results described in this thread implies that DMG elixirs cancel out pet happiness % DMG buffs, pet bonuses cancel out DMG passives and Veil can cancel out both % DMG from pets or passives. As was discovered and eventually described by the Devs, the game engine always takes the single, most potent buff (i.e., buffs do not stack) and can be cancelled out by a debuff (as noted in the PvP arena). Be mindful of this fact!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Spot on - veil buffs/debuffs do not stack, so rotate dropping smoke. There is no point in having two veils active at the same time. If done properly, the majority of your run can be completed fully buffed by veil.

For examples of superstar elite runners, check out my solo leaderboard: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lo-Leaderboard

While the builds and strategies of each player may be slightly different, they all understand the mechanics of elite runs well enough to solo maps quickly. It's important to understand WHAT is happening to truly master the class, and Veil plays a very important role for Rogues both solo and in party.

Equally important is understanding the system limitations. Here is a discussion that was opened when I was testing something and found some odd and unexpected results: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nt-based-buffs

Basically, the results described in this thread implies that DMG elixirs cancel out pet happiness % DMG buffs, pet bonuses cancel out DMG passives and Veil can cancel out both % DMG from pets or passives. As was discovered and eventually described by the Devs, the game engine always takes the single, most potent buff (i.e., buffs do not stack) and can be cancelled out by a debuff (as noted in the PvP arena). Be mindful of this fact!

wow I am shocked that sts has taken this long to make any attempts and fixing the passives and buffs. Most MMORPG's that I have ever played every buff stacks on top of each other. But hey AL is kind of different lol. I am just not starting to get into solo running. It is hard work but I think it pays off. What really strikes me is that rogues are really the supreme class for soloing elites at a fast pace. But either way I love rogues haha so I'm trying to understand them as much as I possible can being a fellow rogue I have tried testing builds but never tried testing the buffs and pet buffs. All around it has surprised me lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to greandeath For This Useful Post: