Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Know thy self, know thy enemy. ^^

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Something your topic doesn't take into consideration:
    When 3 or more (or was it 4 or more? I forget) L10s start DF1, the threat level is red until you kill 2. Then it turns yellow until you get to 14 (I think it was).

So threat level isn't necessarily just level difference since a party at the correct minimum level can see red TLs, temporarily.

I think the biggest misnomer about threat level is that it sounds like it determines how difficult the enemy is when, in fact, you can have different threat levels for enemies of the same difficulty, as stated above. That difficulty aspect really only applied to Winter Festival where the level of the enemies scaled on the fly. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense for a dungeon to get "eaiser" as you progress.

All threat level really determines is XP and Drop Level.

Also, I think you need to clarify what your drop rate is actually signifying, if it's even something that can be seen through trials. It's not like red means you have an excellent chance of dropping a pink (or purple for that matter).

Otherwise, it looks like a pretty good introduction to threat level, something that the casual player probably would never think to notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Yea a mummy in ao3 has red keeper does too doesnt mean the mummy will kill me in 5 shots like keeper does but i know its for xp and sonetimes drop items
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    that's only 25 hours to get 10k kills.
    thats only a full day of your precious life gone too.
    That's a day you should skip PL and go back to 1st grade...

btw, 24 hours in a day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

[ taking off 3d movie glasses ] "oOOOOOHHhh RIght....."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

might be necro posting but i read an old thread from devs its actually one level difference white is the same level as you grey is 3 or less levels below you and red is 3 and more levels above you it affects your exp not the difficulty
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

thanks everyone
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW! never noticed that! im going to pl right away to check it out!Thanks a lot bro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Ooops wrong post
    Last edited by Z; 05-14-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Difficulty???There is literally NO PVE which takes skill now.
    I'm not quite sure if you're positive on what you're saying. Assuming you have the utmost best gear possible for your build and stats and also assuming you have a ton of potions and knowledge of the game, go ahead and get fully-prodded up and go solo each Blacksmoke Mountain run. Post a video with your proof of soloing each and I'll believe you once it happens.

The reason you have an easy time is because, I'm assuming, you're running with at least a sem-filled party and are experienced with it. Each toon is built differently and serves a different purpose. Nuke mages, support mages, str mages, dex mages, str bears, dex bears, warbears, int bears, hybrid bears, dex birds, warbirds, hybrid birds, etc, are all used for different things and depending on how your party is composed, determines how easy or difficult such a dungeon will be. Solo all of the BSM dungeons in a single go with any build you'd prefer with a fully-bought endgame set, perfect vanities, potions, and stat setup, and I'll believe there's no challenge in PL's PvE system. Go.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    I'm not quite sure if you're positive on what you're saying. Assuming you have the utmost best gear possible for your build and stats and also assuming you have a ton of potions and knowledge of the game, go ahead and get fully-prodded up and go solo each Blacksmoke Mountain run. Post a video with your proof of soloing each and I'll believe you once it happens.

The reason you have an easy time is because, I'm assuming, you're running with at least a sem-filled party and are experienced with it. Each toon is built differently and serves a different purpose. Nuke mages, support mages, str mages, dex mages, str bears, dex bears, warbears, int bears, hybrid bears, dex birds, warbirds, hybrid birds, etc, are all used for different things and depending on how your party is composed, determines how easy or difficult such a dungeon will be. Solo all of the BSM dungeons in a single go with any build you'd prefer with a fully-bought endgame set, perfect vanities, potions, and stat setup, and I'll believe there's no challenge in PL's PvE system. Go.
    Neffy, I think he means Thrasher elixirs...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post

A lot has changed in 2 and a half years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Are this Color thingy diff in XP?
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Are this Color thingy diff in XP?
    It's confirmed that threat level affects EXP gain.
    That's why when you use Enable XP Elixir in Mega Maze, the enemies there still only give about .5/1 EXP per kill (instead of BSM where you would gain 1-2 EXP per kill), as they are way below your level.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you, the circles were just brought to my attention & I was curious as to their meanings.