Thread: Tablets :)

West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Tablets :)

Hey fellow forumers, it's been forever since I've really been back here. Don't know if anyone remembers me at all, I used to play PL, name was Tree/Maneatingtree. My iPad is getting out of date soon and I am currently debating on getting a Surface Pro 3 or the new iPad coming out later this year. I will be using it for both gaming and school work. I would appreciate some input and reasoning. I'm really torn, does the Microsoft App Store let me play STS games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Microsoft App Store will not let you play STG games. However, the iPad does have a word processing suite available for purchase should you need it.

These documents are also accessible through iCloud if you need to get them to a desktop. Additionally, there are applications available to allow your iPad to connect to you printer and print (provided that your printer has the compatibility).

I would recommend the iPad with a keyboard case. You really cannot go wrong with it!

However, if you have your heart set on the surface. Try downloading Chrome on the Surface and playing through the Chrome client. It can be done but I'm not sure how well it would work.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

The Surface Pro 3 can play PL through Chrome, but you must be connected to a keyboard to move/type. So the only way to really play is like you're playing on a PC. I do like the Surface, but if you're really not leaning towards either, I'd go with the iPad. Just like Zeus said, you can download Microsoft Word or versions of it on the iPad, and connect to new(er) printers and use it as if you were using a PC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Bauer:1698727
    Hey fellow forumers, it's been forever since I've really been back here. Don't know if anyone remembers me at all, I used to play PL, name was Tree/Maneatingtree. My iPad is getting out of date soon and I am currently debating on getting a Surface Pro 3 or the new iPad coming out later this year. I will be using it for both gaming and school work. I would appreciate some input and reasoning. I'm really torn, does the Microsoft App Store let me play STS games?
    TREE!

Microsoft Surface 3, since it is technically a "laptop" just download chrome and play AL/PL through chrome

Or just get an iPad and download AL/PL from App Store

@Trenton
    I think MS Word app (and other MS Office apps for iOS) only allow viewing of docs/ppt/xls, doesnt let people edit them..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

I remember Tree
    I'd go for the iPad. My brother has a windows tablet and I don't see how he even plays on it. The screen is too big IMO and like they said, the windows store doesn't have PL. It wouldn't be much different than playing on a laptop if you get chrome on it and idk about you but I suck at PL on a laptop.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the feedback I'll wait on the new iPad then, cause one of the necessities (how to spell?) is AL for it anyone know anything about the one that's coming up presumably this November? Hey ruizhe

On a side note, I'm done with PL (completely lost interest ) but now really into AL, is it still against ToS to trade someone gold between games? I got 5.73m in PL, and need in AL. If it is against ToS... Anyone got any contest ideas? I really want to rid of this gold so I am NOT ever tempted to get back in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

*COUGH* Gimme the gold *COUGH*

Worst sig EU, got bored

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    TREE!

Microsoft Surface 3, since it is technically a "laptop" just download chrome and play AL/PL through chrome

Or just get an iPad and download AL/PL from App Store

@Trenton
    I think MS Word app (and other MS Office apps for iOS) only allow viewing of docs/ppt/xls, doesnt let people edit them..
    I had a generic version and I used to write papers in class all the time, connect to the wireless printer and turn them in right in class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkUltra View Post
    My iphone doesn't want to print on a canon pixma printer. In addition, the ink consumption is very high. What printer can you recommend instead of hp?
    bro that thread from 2014 lol

JSN-L21 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi