Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Problem with giving S&S to leaderboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Problem with giving S&S to leaderboard

Ok lets be honest, we know that the leaderboards of this event are either FILTHY rich or FILTHY rich with plat. These people do deserve a reward but not something that they will just sell for MORE gold. It just doesnt seem fare :/ maybe it's just me but I feel like they dont need the money, like they literally already have everything they wants/need.

Maybe you should give out shady and surge for like 5,000 tokens, or anyone that reaches a certain goal, like tiers but way harder. Like anyone that reaches 10,000 points get him. So people that really want it, will obtain him, have time and won't be rushed. Yes this will make him less rare and all but at least more people will have the pleasure of obtaining an arcane item, much less pet!

Think, half the people that make the leaderboards will open this pet, that leaves like 15 left, so 50-60m for the price. Then people with a lot of money will buy and open. That will leave like 5 left in the game just floating around. Give it a week and they will all be gone. Then think, those players that have him and quite, soon he will be out of existence >_<

I understand it, but it doesn't seem too appealing. Maybe for one time we can have the hard workers, without a lot of gold or plat obtain an arcane pet. Because if you don't make leaderboard, then you prob won't get this pet. Unless your someone like Zeus and has muchh money to burn for 50-60m any way thanks for reading
    Last edited by Picklee; 06-25-2014 at 08:51 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Picklee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I complete agree only with LB Rewards, it MUST be Removed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Because the locked lottery system was better? The current system rewards time investment. Ifa top gear player runs 5 hours a day and an average gear player runs 7 hours a day, I would expect the average geared player to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Why i don't want LB rewards?
    Beause i don't have neither the gold nor the plat to win it.
    If i had enough gold and plat?
    I would never waste them on such a lame trap that wants me to spend and spendalot in order to win.

Who wants Lb rewards?
    The people that have enough income to finance such a tough competition and value exclusivity over their lives.
    How many are they?
    Few.
    How many are we?
    Many!
    So why does LB remain?
    Cause sts knows it makes the players buy plat faster than lil kids buy icecreams during summertime
    What do we do?
    Play the game and enjoy the other content the developers wisely provided to compensate this money drinker system.

Lets earn ourselves a Dovabear! Its free right?

EDIT:
    For me though as long as there is a good, old, reliable, simple, friendly, delphina style random number generator contest i see no problem with the LB rewards.

X carrots to keep the rich spending , One carrot to keep the poor silent and everybody goes home happy.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 06-25-2014 at 07:03 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I would never waste them on such a lame trap that wants me to spend and spendalot in order to win.

Who wants Lb rewards?
    The people that have enough income to finance such a tough competition and value exclusivity over their lives.

How many are they?
    Few.
    How many are we?
    Many!
    So why does LB remain?
    Cause sts knows it makes the players buy plat faster than lil kids during summertime
    What do we do?
    Play the game and enjoy the other content the developers wisely provided to compensate this money drinker system.

Rather rude, and inaccurate. I have never spent money to buy plat, yet I am going to try fir at least the top 50. Additionally, many people can quote me on putting real life first. Try not to over generalize just because you are upset.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Rather rude, and inaccurate. I have never spent money to buy plat, yet I am going to try fir at least the top 50.
    Ingame income Crow, plat/gold.
    More importantly can you tell me where the rng contests are? I would like to partecipate in one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    I complete agree only with LB Rewards, it MUST be Removed
    Ik! I dont understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

m sick of these types of posts and threads . (-.-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to utpal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Crow the problem for the average gear player simply is that they don't have the plat nor the gold for all the energy and most of them also don't have the time.(people like me, I do have time since it's almost vacation but with 830k I will hold out for 1 day:/).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I do agree though that the players who spend a lot on it should get smthn good, but also do a fun contest for everyone (looking like the become a myth contest) where you can win a new myth weap for your class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

These threads are lame and have no point. Why are you complaining that rich will win? Ofc it will take a lot if gold but don't forget there will be good drops from the bosses that if sold, will keep u running maybe endless. Arcane pets are rare and I don't disagree that they should be for those 30 in lbs. Why are you guys saying its a bad idea to make it a LB pet? The one who works hard deserves this pet. And you're saying, many will open. There are lot of other arcane pets, and the one who gets shady and surge during the contest will sell that for sure.
    Why don't you go farm and earn some money to try to win this pet?

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

*head ache*

So when rewards were all based on luck we complained about the rich having an u fair advantage by having mire spins of the wheel.

Now it is based on time investment and we complain that the rich have an advantage by getting energy faster. STS has already increased the rate free energy is gainable.

Pick your lesser if two evils I would much prefer a time in estment system. The lottery system meant that even with hours if game play, years if playing you could still remain flat broke while a player who spent two days could open a single locked and make it big.

---

If you need gold, farm it. I know many wealthy players that farmed there worth. It is doable.

---

Everyone seems to want an "even" system. Everyone gets an "even chance." If everyone had the dame chance and it was merely a choice of half the people tried and half took a map, Sns wouldn't be arcane.

They aren't even that great if a pet in all honesty. Do they look cool? Yeah, but that's about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Truth be told, everybody just thinks they want an easy way to earn items - including myself. However, once we have an easy way to earn items then we will complain about boredom and how the game doesn't provide enough of a challenge. Funny how that works out, right? Arcane items are not easy to obtain. Before, they were for those who were willing to put in the money into crates & now, one of them is for those who are willing to put in the extreme time investment needed. I'm not saying that I don't think 3 weeks of invested time is ridiculous - it is. However, it is the price to pay if you want an equally ridiculous pet.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Who wants Lb rewards?
    How many are they?
    Few.
    How many are we?
    Many!
    So why does LB remain?
    Cause sts knows it makes the players buy plat faster than lil kids during summertime
    What do we do?

Btw where did those awesome random number generator contests end up??
    Terribly rude since the leveling up contest is the only thing I have ever won here in AL and I am not rich & do not have millions upon millions of gold in the game. Also, buying platinum doesn't make your luck any better at all (at least not for me) because I used to open lots of crates though I stopped in season 3 since the only thing that has ever popped out of a crate has been a few ethyl eggs and 1 mccraw egg. How did I get the ethyl eggs if I quit opening crates in season 3? Eh, with the platinum won along with the singe egg. So yes, a poor player in the game won because of that random generator! Yay me! Leader Board players do not have to be rich to succeed at all. Many hours of hard work from thousands of map runs help. In other words, standing around complaining about what you don't have and logging in just to chat is not a good enough reason for STS to go ahead and fill your stash with rewards. It takes time and effort in more cases than you even know. It does take alot of gold but that gold can be made through farming locked crates, essences, gear, eggs, and so on. As for the leader boards and reaping rewards? Hell yes! You have no clue how broke I have been trying to just keep up my pves for my rank since pots are not free and pets are more than a little expensive to feed. One does not need to be 'rich' in a game to succeed. Yes, it helps for many but there are more than enough players who deserve the rewards of the game (and let's be real, this IS a game so it must be played to win anything more than a social life) through time, dedication, effort, and blistered fingers. To each, his own but...

You actually have to play the game!

P.S. if you do not understand what I just said please refer to what Zeus posted above me.
    Last edited by leoakre; 06-25-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Terribly rude since the leveling up contest is the only thing I have ever won here in AL and I am not rich & do not have millions upon millions of gold in the game. Also, buying platinum doesn't make your luck any better at all (at least not for me) because I used to open lots of crates though I stopped in season 3 since the only thing that has ever popped out of a crate has been a few ethyl eggs and 1 mccraw egg. How did I get the ethyl eggs if I quit opening crates in season 3? Eh, with the platinum won along with the singe egg. Leader Board players do not have to be rich to succeed at all. Many hours of hard work from thousands of map runs help. In other words, standing around complaining about what you don't have and logging in just to chat is not a good enough reason for STS to go ahead and fill your stash with with rewards. It takes time and effort in more cases than you even know. It does take alot of gold but that gold can be made through farming locked crates, essences, gear, eggs, and so on. All you have to do is actually PLAY the game.
    This!

Although, I still do think that SnS should be in locked crates as well. There's no good reason not to have it in crates. Perhaps on the last week of the event so it does not compromise the leaderboard competition?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    *head ache*

So when rewards were all based on luck we complained about the rich having an u fair advantage by having mire spins of the wheel.

Now it is based on time investment and we complain that the rich have an advantage by getting energy faster. STS has already increased the rate free energy is gainable.

Pick your lesser if two evils I would much prefer a time in estment system. The lottery system meant that even with hours if game play, years if playing you could still remain flat broke while a player who spent two days could open a single locked and make it big.

---

If you need gold, farm it. I know many wealthy players that farmed there worth. It is doable.

---

Everyone seems to want an "even" system. Everyone gets an "even chance." If everyone had the dame chance and it was merely a choice of half the people tried and half took a map, Sns wouldn't be arcane.

They aren't even that great if a pet in all honesty. Do they look cool? Yeah, but that's about it.
    Lockeds system is way more even than Lb reward system.
    Just to PARTECIPATE(i didn't even say appear on the LB talkless win) you have to spend huge amounts of gold or plat buying energy balls ( God bless the energy ball system).
    On the other hand if Shady n Surge where in locked you could earn them on your 1st attempt.

Leoakre winners are the first 3. Your concept of spending "A lot"must be different from mine except you were plucking the energy balls free of charge from a tree.

Anyway give me a random numbe generator contest and i am a happy dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Lame trap? Have you ever think that you can earn something in return with the runs you do? You dont just spent gold or plats bro, you earn something in return as well, lets say you looted the new crates which can fund you for another 3-5 energies, run with the energies again and loot crates again, its a cycle! I dont know why people keeps mumbling with this and they dont even consider the good things they get from this event, just all negatives.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraline View Post
    Lame trap? Have you ever think that you can earn something in return with the runs you do? You dont just spent gold or plats bro, you earn something in return as well, lets say you looted the new crates which can fund you for another 3-5 energies, run with the energies again and loot crates again, its a cycle! I dont know why people keeps mumbling with this and they dont even consider the good things they get from this event, just all negatives.
    Exactly.

Yes, you can lose money but if you're running them at a non speed enhanced run which is a perfectly fine strategy for leaderboards, you should break even if you are using luck elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Another thing I don't get is they said that these events would also be for low lvl players, so these can compete now but still have a long road to look down on since they are absolutely chanceless on winning shady and surge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Lockeds system is way more even than Lb reward system.
    Just to PARTECIPATE(i didn't even say appear on the LB talkless win) you have to spend huge amounts of gold or plat buying energy balls ( God bless the energy ball system).
    On the other hand if Shady n Surge where in locked you could earn them on your 1st attempt.

Leoakre winners are the first 3. Your concept of spending "A lot"must be different from mine except you were plucking the energy balls free of charge from a tree.

Anyway give me a random numbe generator contest and i am a happy dude.
    ROFL!

You contradict yourself!