Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Words hurt...a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Words hurt...a lot

Hai everyone. My name is arcomagis, arco for short i recently started playing twink pvp and I'm usedm to trash talk. Because we all do it, but at sone point u know when youve crossed the line. I had a player fron I Fellow I call my family a dog he also said he farmed my mother last night. Now the only reason i took it personal is because both my parents and sister died in a accident when i was 7 so that really upset me. He is constantly messaging me rude comments even if im not in his game .Noone is saying trash talk is bad but please know ur limits. Have a good day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcomagis View Post
    Hai everyone. My name is arcomagis, arco for short i recently started playing twink pvp and I'm usedm to trash talk. Because we all do it, but at sone point u know when youve crossed the line. I had a player fron I Fellow I call my family a dog he also said he farmed my mother last night. Now the only reason i took it personal is because both my parents and sister died in a accident when i was 7 so that really upset me. He is constantly messaging me rude comments even if im not in his game .Noone is saying trash talk is bad but please know ur limits. Have a good day
    I'm not saying you are, but a lot of people on the internet lie about their family's dying because they need attention, but if you're not lying, all you can do is report it and ignore that user. But I mean it's wha ever, like you said everyone trash talks, I'm sure you said things just as bad, maybe even worse.

PS: "I farmed your mom last night" made me lol so hard, no disrespect intended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Unfortunately, there is a lot of immaturity in the game. That is why I constantly hit the ignore button. Trash talking is useless, imo. PvP is kill or be killed. If you don't like the terms, don't go in the arena (not directed at you, that's just how PvP is). These people won't change. Just hit the ignore button and move on. I'm sorry about what happened to you and your family. That is definitely uncalled for. Report for being inappropriate, and hit the ignore button.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Just to step back a bit from the details and speak to the overall situation.

* Trash Talk, as you said, happens in PvP. If you don't want to compete or be in that environment, PvP may not be for you.

* Trash Talk isn't a license to abuse others or break the Arcane Legends Terms of Service http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rms-of-Service

Spacetime Studios wants Arcane Legends to be a fun, safe place for all players!

We ask that you abide by the following rules:

Keep all chat clean!
    Do not ask for another player's account information! And don’t give anyone else your own!
    Do not do anything that will ruin another user's play experience!
    Abide by our Terms of Use and Community Rules

Violations of these Terms of Service, Terms of Use or Community Rules can result in suspension of your account or a permanent ban.
    * Your best recourse is, as Attack Dog outlines above, to realize that what someone else is saying is their problem and ignore/mute them and then make use of the in game report functionality to make the Spacetime Support Team aware of the chat abuse.

* Then, get back to having fun.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Close chat window and ignore those who send disrespectful pm's. Finally, consider those annoying players as teenagers, nobody would spend time to argue or fight with teenagers, right?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csyui For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcomagis View Post
    I feel very sorry for you and your passed family bro, i feel you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Trash talk is a part of pvp. We have options to ignore/block and report the player. Chat during pvp can be turned off. Dont take it personally and just take them as immature no-lifers, the aim of trash-talkers is to hurt you, dont let them succeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

That's unfortunate. I had a simliar experience in past games when I was younger and much easier provoked. My mom passed away from cancer three months after she was diagnosed and it took me years to come to terms with it. I used to completely fly off the handle every time a mom taunt was thrown around, as well as the occasional "die from cancer" joke. So much that I alienated my longtime cross-game guild and stopped gaming online for a few years.

But as others have said, just ignore (like literally put them on ignore) and just move on. If you can't hear them, they can't make you upset.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Trash talk is a part of pvp. We have options to ignore/block and report the player. Chat during pvp can be turned off. Dont take it personally and just take them as immature no-lifers, the aim of trash-talkers is to hurt you, dont let them succeed.
    Agreed.
    Childish stuff did trash talk, mature stuff calm and ignore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I know what you mean. My mother died of cancer and those "your mom" comments can get under my skin too. But those people don't know you and probably wouldn't say things like that to you in RL. It's just lazy pvp trash talk. So if you like pvp just ignore it and have fun

Instagram: arcanemusings
    Guild: Immaculate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Screenshot and report, it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Yep, that's how PvP may be at times... Like some people have suggested above, leave the room and/or mute the person. That "I farmed your mother" part makes absolutely no sense and you should get a chuckle that you're being mouthed by an idiot Don't let some immature players get to you and have fun. It's a game, enjoy it.
    Fatjabba - Yogithebear
    Officer
    <Chivalrous Union>
    Following the Code of Chivalry

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackair142 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I know the pain. We all have to consider the whole globe - be grateful. My parents immigrated to the US from a third world country are therefore extremely sincere. There are many people who are in times of hardship and distress due to a death, accident, etc. Some are struggling to even find simple necessities such as food, shelter, income, education, and jobs.

Trash-talkers don't understand that. It is not somthing to insult others about.

Just hit the Ignore button, literally.
    "Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." - Japanese Proverb
    IGN: Pureloot

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Ignore that guy and call ur mates and then enjoy killing him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Pvp is full of Ignorant thrash talkers. People like to call others Noobs just because they are poor lol. Some gets so mad when they are being called noobs and starts the thrash talking. Some thrash talk when they die or ganged! People get mad and it reflects on their fights and enemy/allies lists.
    IMO, a little drama is needed for fun! Without any dramas or thrash talking it wouldn't feel like a MMO game!

Anyway if you don't like any of these you can always report the player and ignore them as everyone said!
    To report Type:
    /report (Player name)

Ex: if you want to report a guy named "plsdntreportme"
    Type: /report plsdntreportme

Cheers and sorry about your loss man! Condolences!

—AshDex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

If its starting to affect your mood and stuff I suggest you lay low from pvp for a while.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

20. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

-no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

It's not just within pvp. Some people go to the lengths of creating a new toon and using that to send disgusting PMs. And you know it isn't a random thing because they aren't anywhere on your map, AND they insult you in your own language. Super low. Yes, we can ignore as much as we want. But how hard is it to create a toon with a randomly generated name? It only takes a few minutes aaand the troll is back.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Classychic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    It's not just within pvp. Some people go to the lengths of creating a new toon and using that to send disgusting PMs. And you know it isn't a random thing because they aren't anywhere on your map, AND they insult you in your own language. Super low. Yes, we can ignore as much as we want. But how hard is it to create a toon with a randomly generated name? It only takes a few minutes aaand the troll is back.
    When competing in the Goblin event, I had so many that did this - it really was ridiculous.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    i wish i can thanked you 100x for this.

I have no idea why some people really puts time bugging a player, I am thinking they get an arcane ring if they do that.

cute is just my cover

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny♥ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    When competing in the Goblin event, I had so many that did this - it really was ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraline View Post
    i wish i can thanked you 100x for this.

I have no idea why some people really puts time bugging a player, I am thinking they get an arcane ring if they do that.
    It IS ridiculous. And I don't even know what's worse: if those trolls were kids who know so much nasty stuff at a young age, or they are in fact adults who are incapable of good judgement and have nothing more productive to do in life (or AL).