Thread: Balefort Castle quests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Balefort Castle quests

are significantly too numerous. Balefort Castle includes a 5-level dungeon plus two minidungeons, as well as 3 zones (Vylewood, Goblin Stronghold, and that place with the rock dudes).

I'm fairly OCD and I'm doing every quest in a content pack before moving onto the next one, because I like completing things. Balefort took me way too long.

In my opinion, this is what could be done to rectify the problem:

• Remove the place with the rock guys. There's one quest where you kill the dudes, and another where you click the thing and then turn it in at the base. It feels out of place, and unless you're planning something with it, remove it from the game and use the textures somewhere new.
    • Remove the "collect x tomes" quests. 1024 mobs/chests, for a pink weapon that's hardly better than the green I have? It's not worth it, and the other quests in the chain are frustratingly repetitive as well. You're already grinding the mobs for XP, quests should be designed to discourage the grind and to give the player something else to do.
    • Make it so that things progress. This is partially the fault of having so many quests, but I'd gone through the levels long before I even got the quest for the boss on the second level. You don't have to have a quest for every single different type of mob in the joint.

I loved the content, but there's really no point in doing all these long and repetitive quests unless for completion's sake. Some of the stuff is great, like the Wyldwood quests. There's always going to be "kill x" and "collect x" quests, but you don't have to make 20 of them.

Just my 2 cents.
    Ruscour - leveling Ursan Warrior, doing every quest in a content pack before I move on.
    Finished everywhere up to yetiville :-D
    13" MacBook, Gaming PC w/ WinXP 64, Laptop w/ PCLinuxOS, Netbook w/ Peppermint Linux, 64GB 3G iPad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Worst idea ever.. Why not remove all quests and remove cyber quests and snowball quests.. Come on man.. The more the better.. Why would u want content removed? No offense here but that is the worst idea in this forum..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i agree ruscour, there are waaay to many quests at balefort castle. i finished 19 of them and then i was too high level to get any more xp so i moved on to fathom crypt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    Worst idea ever.. Why not remove all quests and remove cyber quests and snowball quests.. Come on man.. The more the better.. Why would u want content removed? No offense here but that is the worst idea in this forum..
    I can understand why you don't want content removed, because PL is seemingly lacking a lot of content that people want. You're saying that there should be content for the sake of content. I never said remove all quests, or anything of the sort, just remove the repetitive sludge that takes far too long to complete for little benefit.

I don't think you've done the Balefort quests if you're so eager to keep them in this game.
    Ruscour - leveling Ursan Warrior, doing every quest in a content pack before I move on.
    13" MacBook, Gaming PC w/ WinXP 64, Laptop w/ PCLinuxOS, Netbook w/ Peppermint Linux, 64GB 3G iPad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

It doesn't take that long with a higher level character. Level up more and then come back and do them. Don't delete any content. I enjoyed the quests very much. These quests are for fun and optional, don't do it if you don't want to. Just so you know, the lost expedition elite quests take a lot longer to do then all of the balefort castle quests combined.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry, but I don't agree.
    I did those 29 quests in under a day with no help at all except in the last cementary part.
    Those quests are fun, the tomes... sure they're boring, but at least you get EXP.
    Don't make devs remove content out of the game, it's good.
    Just because you can't beat it or it's hard for you doesn't mean others can't, I personally find it pretty fun.

Fiuevy - Level 60 Enchantress.
    Sanatorium - Level 5 Twink Enchantress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I did the Balefort quests a few days ago. It was the third time, and this time there were the new open world quests. They seem easy to me, and I did disable xp gain for part of it because I didn't want to be too high level for the quests. It does seem weird to have so many. But if you dont do tomes, you don't get the pinks. The two in the rock place are lame because there is no reason to go in there except for the quests, and they are over in a few minutes. So yeah, that whole rock place seems extraneous. But tomes is a good quest. It used to take a lot longer. It separates the casual player from the hardcore. I used to do tomes in level 5, because brom dandy drops pinks. It used to take about 6 runs of map 5 and I would get about three or four pinks from Brom.

Try doing all quests without dying! Now THAT is hard. Goblin King without dying is really hard. I stood at the door killing the firegoblins whilenthe rest of the party took put the King, and we didn't die.

Please do not delete any quests. If anythng, we need more. But it is true about balefort having more than are needed.

I wonder if the open world content is going to be separated from the maps and levels content eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BalefIrt queste are fine. We just need MORE worlds. And MORE background story to the quests.. Maybe find certain parts in a big world to build something or collect something fOr a xp potion tuat u get for compelting tje quest.. I duno there are so many ways to make quests more fun, dont delete just add more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiuevy View Post
    Sorry, but I don't agree.
    I did those 29 quests in under a day with no help at all except in the last cementary part.
    Those quests are fun, the tomes... sure they're boring, but at least you get EXP.
    Don't make devs remove content out of the game, it's good.
    Just because you can't beat it or it's hard for you doesn't mean others can't, I personally find it pretty fun.
    Troll harder. It's not hard for me, and I did beat it. It's not difficult, it's just boring and repetitive.

Perhaps remove half of the quests and add them in another place, for you go to back and solo at a higher level and get gear tuned for that higher level? Just an idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a Warrior 25/26 - been looking for the last Balefort Castle Quest - with little luck. Are there any down in those minis? Doing some of these solo - even at my level (getting no xp/3-digit ping) is pretty tough - and I'm getting a tad impatient looking for that last one.....any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Many of us thought it was overkill to add all that extra content to Balefort when the higher levs are aching for more stuff to do. I, especially, wanted those rock monsters to be lvl 50 enemies, bc they just don't LOOK like low lvl enemies. The goblin fortress is great, too, but would have liked something like that at a higher lev, with high level loot. I don't enjoy so much going back to low lvls to do quests once I'm 50. Even the new swamp quests/loot are great, but they weren't enough to keep me from taking a break from PL. Especially since I could only hold 3 quests at a time. I got annoyed having to choose between quests.
    I can only hope that they put as much (or more) effort into new lvl 50 content, bc quite frankly, all we've gotten in a long time is a nerf (read: made the game boring) and a grinding quest that killed the economy.

So I agree, some if that content could have been used elsewhere.