Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Helena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    yea..as a low level player..it took almost 10min..to kill her....and I was a lv 21 rogue mind you, So low level peepes..prepare to die tons. (RIP Zelda....you will be missed)
    Woah hey bro? You still play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Helena is a really annoying boss...she is harder then Ursoth himself....
    You would think the final boss battle would be the hardest? No? Wrong!
    Helena is the hardest, huge tank with outrageous damage..it's really annoying to find Helena and then realize you have a party made entirely up of warriors, it'll take a lot of time...some people even quit...it really is annoying...

In my perspective to avoid energy being "wasted" in upcoming events it could only be deducted if you kill the boss..this way if your team ragequits are if he/she/it is too hard for you, you can always leave and try fighting another boss that's easier or fighting with a better team.

Lvl 41 warrior with 2183 armor and 5.7k HP ( without pets )
    Helena insta-kills me....I don't have the tanking magmatic set, I use upgraded mythic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I feel sorry for those who have paid real money for energy kits and end up in Helena battles where your (random) team gives up. I certainly hope all of them are doing these battles with friends/guilds, but that's probably not true. Even myself, despite only using the free or crafted energy kits, kinda feel like it's a massive waste of time battling her. The reward just isn't worth the effort and frustration. You could be out there farming for energy essence instead of battling her, and that'd be a better use of your time.

Also, battling her is simply no fun at all. It's just a boring chore. Do the devs really want people to this of Arcane Legends as a boring chore?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Some things I would like to say about Helena

1. At endgame (lvl41 party) when we try to kill Helena, it takes us about 2x as long to kill her than killing Ursoth (Everyone with armor higher than 1000 and health more than 2900)
    2. The slow ball things she lets fall out of the sky, takes away about half our full life amount
    3. Her charged Shoot-Arrow attack, if Im not exactly on the red zone, and just a little to the left or right, but Not touching the red zone, she looks like she turns a little then kills me

In my opinion, she is more difficult to kill than Ursoth and gives less points than Ursoth
    If she is more difficult to kill than Ursoth, could she give us more points if we kill her?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Helena is stronger than Ursoth.
    Point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I think this was some sort of "block" so the gold tier players scores would not go through the roof when building up points for LB. I can't find any better explanation for Helena's extreme armor/HP - the boss scaling goes like [easy] - [easy] - [hard] - [medium] ([Herond] - [Europhex] - [Helena] - [Ursoth]). Don't change the damage, decrease the HP/armor so it's not boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I think this was some sort of "block" so the gold tier players scores would not go through the roof when building up points for LB. I can't find any better explanation for Helena's extreme armor/HP - the boss scaling goes like [easy] - [easy] - [hard] - [medium] ([Herond] - [Europhex] - [Helena] - [Ursoth]). Don't change the damage, decrease the HP/armor so it's not boring.
    Yeah, I don't really have any issues with her abilities, it's just the sheer amount of time it takes to bring her down that's killing the fun of this event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post
    Yeah, I don't really have any issues with her abilities, it's just the sheer amount of time it takes to bring her down that's killing the fun of this event.
    If I join a Helena pug with two or more warriors (I'm a sorc), I leave, farm three energy essences, and probably start the crafting process before I would have finished the boss with the party. I'm not a leaderboard runner whatsoever, but I still skip her just for the sake of playing enjoyment.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

try harder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

In my opinion Helena on lvl 41 more difficult than Ursoth. On lvl 5-15 easy for me but long time fight like 7-15minutes with group. My twinks lvl 21-27 don't have problem with her. I tested all strategies (solo)on lvl 41 vs Helena and sometimes impossible to kill her. This is first boss in AL when I fight solo, I have big problem to kill. There is one good technique for me (only rogue) good distance (very important) + running in circles + aimed. Aimed sometimes goes to the mobs, hate this. Never die when using this strategy. Best attack Helena is then very rare. With group more fun, I farm sometimes 1-2 deaths in a group of any strategy ceases to be a strategy. It is survival. Heal horn, stun, taunt- nothing save me. Purple shot with stun and rapid death. Strange because only at lvl41 that arrow is killing me. The attack is wider than the red box shows. Im in gold tier also fighting with her very often, you can only image my suffering. I wish you good luck and find your own technique. Best regards

Nelrevete - Rogue lvl41
    Guild: Arlor Scene

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Her charged Shoot-Arrow attack, if Im not exactly on the red zone, and just a little to the left or right, but Not touching the red zone, she looks like she turns a little then kills me
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelrevete View Post
    The attack is wider than the red box shows.
    I have figured it works this way: it hits a circle around the endpoint of the red zone, and a fairly big one.
    Then there is lag.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

The main problem with helena is the continous plants popping up. This prevents the single crit hits from hitting helena resulting in opness of helena. I had seen during one fight where one warrior taunted all the plants and there were two more rouges along with me. The rouges killed helena like silly hillybilly.The fact that ursoth is easier is because of this. For helena if number of popped plants is reduced I.think it would do much better.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slcinuup View Post
    She destroyed my level 34 warrior around 6 times before i threw in the towel. I had a full party and we barely got her down to half. I think she needs some rebalancing.
    Lol at throwing the towel, you were boxed by Ali.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

My biggest gripe is getting rooted/snared followed by her power arrow as Sera mentioned. It happens way too often and one hits all my characters including my warrior with 6k+ HP and 1.9k+ armour (occasionally he'll survive with 1-2%). The arrow range is also inconsistent because sometimes i run out of the red zone before she fires it off but still get hit. But I can actually deal with this on my sorc and warrior as I've gotten pretty decent at saving my shield/HoR and timing just before fires the arrow off. My rogue has fewer options, I usually have to tap Malison's arcane and hope that the I dodge the arrow because thats the only way I survive (yes, it can be dodged thankfully). However there are times that she gets me while im rooted and it just annoys the hell out of me when it happens.

To make this boss less annoying I would suggest one or more of the following
    1. Reduce HP
    2. Get rid of the vine mobs
    3. Make her power arrow disruptable by CS or give it a very long windup (something greater than the time of getting rooted) It seems so unfair that even with proper skill and equipment, u can get rooted and have her windup on u and u get instantly killed. Theres no skill in surviving her, its just luck
    4. Remove the snare effect of her AoE skill and change it to something else (like dmg or armor reduction), I mean we already get rooted by the environment right?
    5. Decrease the frequency of her power arrow attack. This way I can make sure I have a shield or HoR always available before she fires again. Its the worst when you are rooted, she aims at you but your only way to survive the attack is cooling down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I can actually deal with this on my sorc and warrior
    LOL. The only class I soloed Helena was with rogue. Failed big time with warrior, never tried with sorcerer.

It was back on Bronze where I wanted to waste my free energy before going to work, so I had like 5 minutes available, hoping for Europhex, and got Helena. She killed me twice with her first attack, so I changed to kiting... and it was easy. I even got to work in time :-)
    1. Stay very far away, draw the vines, move a bit so they don't eat you
    2. When Aimed and Nox are ready, get just in range, shoot, get away
    3. Let skills cool down and repeat

You don't need any other skills, and very few health pots. And yes I didn't have the Ward at the time.

Problem with warrior is that you must survive the hits, and in ~30 minutes, you WILL lag at least once. I lagged when she was at 25% after 20 minutes, and gave up.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Most recent Helena experience was moving out of the way of her red "cone", and I was 90 degrees away from it and she just turned around and shot me! I was 90 DEGREES away from the zone.

Anyway, this boss is killing the whole game for me. If this is what I (a fairly new player) can expect out of this game then I'll probably quit. The complete silence on behalf of the developers is equally puzzling..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    LOL. The only class I soloed Helena was with rogue. Failed big time with warrior, never tried with sorcerer.

It was back on Bronze where I wanted to waste my free energy before going to work, so I had like 5 minutes available, hoping for Europhex, and got Helena. She killed me twice with her first attack, so I changed to kiting... and it was easy. I even got to work in time :-)
    1. Stay very far away, draw the vines, move a bit so they don't eat you
    2. When Aimed and Nox are ready, get just in range, shoot, get away
    3. Let skills cool down and repeat

You don't need any other skills, and very few health pots. And yes I didn't have the Ward at the time.

Problem with warrior is that you must survive the hits, and in ~30 minutes, you WILL lag at least once. I lagged when she was at 25% after 20 minutes, and gave up.
    its also no surprise that I am worst at the rogue class lol. my sorc (main) is the best at killing helena although it still takes a long time. my warrior can survive helena (without lag) but would take me forever to kill her solo, so i dont bother with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've read all the post about this... some are just...nvm

All in all she is the hardest boss of of the 4. That said she is do able at any lvl. The problem is because of her one shot, and turning to kill you, and killing you even when you have long since run behind her, her mass hp and damage and spells, and the weeds... dont forget the weeds!.

She makes the event boring....boring! Frusterating and boring, for everyone. It wouldnt be so bad if everytime you were silver to gold there was more chances of getting the other bosses. Now im not saying we need the Ursoth so much more, but breaking up the monotony of the witch 10-10 would be great. Throw the tree and lizard in for godsakes lol.

Anyway, what im really wondering is since there hasnt been a dev comment on this for awhile.... what the thoughts are to the responses to this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My new longest time to defeat Helena record: 25 minutes. With four people!

I really, really don't want to be a person that just quits out of a battle and leave the other three people hanging because I absolutely hate it when people do that.. But honestly, I don't think I can take this any longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Some things I would like to say about Helena

1. At endgame (lvl41 party) when we try to kill Helena, it takes us about 2x as long to kill her than killing Ursoth (Everyone with armor higher than 1000 and health more than 2900)
    2. The slow ball things she lets fall out of the sky, takes away about half our full life amount
    3. Her charged Shoot-Arrow attack, if Im not exactly on the red zone, and just a little to the left or right, but Not touching the red zone, she looks like she turns a little then kills me

In my opinion, she is more difficult to kill than Ursoth and gives less points than Ursoth
    If she is more difficult to kill than Ursoth, could she give us more points if we kill her?

Thanks
    You're one of the lucky ones... I am a level 21 rouge right now, but when I was 19, my team gave up so I had to solo her.
    It took a full hour, but let me tell ya I died several times, and the secret is buying several hundred potions and spam tapping them when she has you stuck with her root spell. Also, an Ethyl pet was optimal for me, he slowed Helena and surrounding enemies down, giving me more time and opportunity to attack. If you are warrior doing this, R.I.P., you're doomed. Ethyl pet works best for me...
    Anyway, they fixed it so that Helena drops the right amount of tokens.