Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Helena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Who noticed that Helena's one shot attack is basically a shadowflare? Is it developer humour again or wut, rofl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Ok, I soloed Helena with my lvl 41 warrior, it took slightly more than 10 min.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Guys i think the reason why it took so long to kill helena is her bunch of vine warriors (idk what to call them). i found a trick to beat helena very fast and dodging her 1 hit shot attack effeciently. Just attack her inside or near her red zone area. you will surely hit her most of the time, and when she her 1 hit shot attack just only few steps behind her and you can dodge her attack most of the time.

Another trick i found is by using 1 tank in your team to lure all her vine armies and all rouges and mages to attack helena. But the warrior should do the attack near helena so that he can lure also helena then all high damage dealer need to attack at her back.

*** You need to attack her at the mid of the map. If you do it at the corner, you will have a visibility problem bcoz of some trees.
    Last edited by zwapper; 07-09-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    ZWAPPER
    Strengthen by defeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    No, part of her mechanic is a constant AOE damage effect that players have a chance to dodge. You will need to be crafty in using support heals and potions to stay alive!
    It doesn't help you can be pressing pots and she will kill anyways. Top geared player gets one hit as well. You don't even have to be in the red zone and she kills you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Ok, I soloed Helena with my lvl 41 warrior, it took slightly more than 10 min.
    doubt that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

my guildie found an efficient way to kill her. So far we get very few deaths, sometimes none and can take her down well under 10 minutes. This is not a "trick or secret shortcut", but a way to minimize time kiting, dealing with vines and more time attacking = faster kill.

Helena has a pretty large reset range. You can safely bring her to the area before the entrance to the boss area. There is a wooden fence to the top of the screen right before the entrance to the boss area. Fight her here with your back to the fence. This area spawns fewer vines and her red zone is easy to spot as its not covered by trees. Your party can stand there firing at her and she won't move around too much since its a small area but if she does make sure she doesnt go past her reset point which is just 1 screen away from that area. So just sidestep or shield/horn when you see her wind up for her arrow. Attack, avoid arrow, attack, repeat and she goes down very fast with little problem. Also helps to have a Clock Mage to manage vines if and when they do come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amazonina View Post
    doubt that
    I tried to record a video as a proof, but there are some problems with Screencast, it doesn't record video properly. Also it lags terribly on my phone (damn you, Dalvik GC), so I'll try tomorrow to record a video on PC. Sorry for inconvinience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

Helena's difficulty is definitely a result of poor scaling imo, which I'm sure has been mentioned.

I soloed her on my l16 warrior (wearing trashy pinks) and she was easy. Even standing in her one-hit cone didn't kill me which would at end game, I only lost between 10-25% health lol.

Kinda curious if sts will fix the scaling issue this far into the event...

Killed her in less than 5 minutes too

Btw she dropped energy too, ironic eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Here it is. Used 98 hp pots, 21 mana pots. She hit me a couple of times with her AoE, but it is only a result of my noobiness. Video lags a bit.
    Last edited by MoloToha; 07-10-2014 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covert View Post
    Helena's difficulty is definitely a result of poor scaling imo, which I'm sure has been mentioned.

I soloed her on my l16 warrior (wearing trashy pinks) and she was easy. Even standing in her one-hit cone didn't kill me which would at end game, I only lost between 10-25% health lol.

Kinda curious if sts will fix the scaling issue this far into the event...

Killed her in less than 5 minutes too

Btw she dropped energy too, ironic eh?
    u can even kill Helena with guapo and more quickly, since guapo debuffs armour. and is melee so it attack only helena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I stopped doing the event with my level 23 twink mage :/ I tried solo and with party, both didn't work. I don't know what hits me but I'm getting owned by 1 hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riptank View Post
    I stopped doing the event with my level 23 twink mage :/ I tried solo and with party, both didn't work. I don't know what hits me but I'm getting owned by 1 hit.
    10-15 lvls for bosses easy..

41 for its hard but i dont have problem with it, hard boss funy...

22-34 for ultimate extreme hard.. and its not funy, on that lvls %90 or more ppls not trying kill it

( not sure numbers.. thats just what i tryed)

FROM BEgining of event ppls keep saying it but still no a fix ( yes i call it a FiX because its a fail) ... event will over like that try to enjoy on lvl 41 or 10-15 chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The only thing worse than Helena is the dev's complete and utter silence and inaction on the matter. I guess their idea of a great event is to make people unhappy and want to quit playing their game?

My Helena strategy is as follows: if my PUG team seems to know what they're doing and seem determined, I'll stay in the fight. If not, if they're hesitant, go for vines instead of Helena (or just quit out) I'll leave too. There's no amount of token worth that frustration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I've stopped running the event totally because of this issue. It's not my idea of a fun time, and I play to have fun. The only time I am running the event at all now is when the leaderboard runners call me to help speed up their Ursoth run times. They have the plat to do a bunch of searching to make sure they fight Ursoth each time and don't bother with Helena. I can't afford to do that, nor would I want to even if I could, so unless I am asked to come on team as a timesaving asset, I don't even go to Elondria.

This has been extremely disappointing. I really wish they had just remade the Tarlok event with different (non-Helena) bosses. It would have been so much better. At least it didn't cost anything if you got a boss you didn't want to bother with.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Serancha, im doing about the same. I will not go unless called by Leaderboarders, ive had enough, and i do spend quite a bit of plat on the game.

And right again on the Tarlok point, the cost of these new style of events vs the amount of gold earned in game without plat, makes this a huge frusteration and disappointment to non plat users, nvm the cost for the plat playing customers. The tarlok event was great, it didnt cost to portal, but you did need to run enough to make enough coins for tarlok store goodies. Find a different way to earn our plats.

And then there is still the lack of dev replies... did you all get muted or what??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Devs keep silent, because talking about Helena's OPness is treading water. I keep saying that there is no need to complain - I reached Gold tier by running with PuGs only. During my way, only one guy rage-guitted on Helena. And we still did that (me with 328 dmg mage and veery noob warrior).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It should been Helena's assault.. she is like Ursoth x10 of health.. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Molo who was that mage's name?