Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRPGs View Post
I have a couple questions if you don't mind.

When it comes to the Cruel Blast combo. Is it best to use this every single time once you have the ability to do so? I ask because sometimes you get in groups where they don't round up the mobs to AoE them down. The tank might blast them away, or their might not even be a tank and it's just mass chaos and everything is picking off mobs individually. I only ask because it would seem like a waste of Mana to use it if you were only attacking 1 mob (besides a boss). But I'm only 25 at the moment, it's possible that mobs might get a lot harder later on and it's in my best benefit then to use it each time. Currently I can burn one down in just a few seconds without the Cruel Blast combo, but I always use it when there are 2+ mobs near each other.

I also have a question about which stats have the highest priority. I am an all Dex bird at level 25. If I were to get, lets say 9 different bows. The difference in each being 1 Crit, 1 Dex, 1 Hit%, 1 DPS, 1 Armor, 1 has a 1 point higher low end damage, 1 has a 1 point higher high end damage, 1 Hp/s, 1 Mp/s. In what order is the stat most important? Cause I'll get armor sets where it's 10 Armor 3 Dex 1 Hit%, and another thats 10 Armor 2 Dex 2 Crit%, and sometimes they are so close that it's hard to make a choice. Obviously if I am going with a pure DD build then Hp/s and Mp/s aren't a big deal, but where do the rest stack in terms of which to go with?
As you level and get richer, spending for mana potions won't be a big deal. It's up to your discretion as to how you want to use Cruel Blast. I forgot to mention how exactly Cruel Blast works - it's essentially a Blast Shot + normal attack (with your enemy debuffed from Shattered Scream) all at the same time. Is it worth it to spend on a single enemy? If you have the money to do so, then do as you wish, but take into consideration the cool-down time for those skills to be used again (you wouldn't want to run into a mob of enemies after you used those skills and still be waiting for your skills to be available). Personally, I only use Cruel Blast against one enemy if the enemy is a big guy (like those big green demons with lots of health).

Here's how I rate the importance of weapon stats. Keep in mind I am aimed to making my character as strong as possible, which means I want to eliminate enemies quickly.

1. Damage/DPS - Interchangeable because they are nearly equivalent. If damage is about the same, look at DPS. DPS is directly derived from weapon speed and damage (see here for calculation example). DPS matters more on bosses because you spend more time attacking bosses, whereas it may take 1-2 seconds to kill a normal enemy.
2. Crit - Second most important weapon stat as a bird. You have a high chance to critically hit an enemy - or effectively double your damage output (see here to examine the importance of crits)
3. Armor, H/s, M/s - Improves survival, saves money on pots
5. Hit% - Important in the beginning, but once you reach a hit% of 100, anything beyond that is meaningless since hit% is capped.
6. Dex/Str/Int - Non-important if a weapon increases Dex, because it's already shown in damage/DPS.