Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I officially hate Helena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    I request dev either not to slow users or lessen the frequency of vine spawn.

when I sometimes join in low lvl I see some random noobs either attacking vines or getting killed via overwhleming vines LOL. even bow rogues r useless as their auto attack hits vines only. but ik how to position vines in right side. dagger rogue with veil is best

nowadags, at endgame, due to the availability of Druid and living spirit sets which are cheap too, pugs are stronger now. and I nvr saw any guy leaving map when they see Helena since the beginning of ursoth event.
    Helena isn't bad, even solo. Mostly it's ignorant PUGs or when she spawns much higher level. Then it takes some time to tick her down.

I'm not sure I have ever had anyone listen to me when I tell them to ignore her vines. I think the closest someone came to listening was distracting the vines a bit.

I do like fighting her on the edges, preferably the less bushy edges. The vines seem a bit less "surroundy" in those areas. Also, if you can get out of the vines' straight line of sight, you can delay their moving to you for a little bit until you move into their line of sight. It's difficult though to constantly stay out of their line of sight while also not resetting ye sweet Helena.

Also, I might be re-evaluating how I think of her: 5 min solo probably is not that bad, and hell lot easier than having an incompetent pug that generates a high-level Helena. Having the group range being over 10 levels is very annoying.

Star light, star bright...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Good event and I'm enjoying it. Like everyone else, the only thing I don't enjoy is Helena. It's tedious, long, and there's not too much strategy involved. If I'm on the go and I have just a little time for the game, I can't spend 20 minutes fighting her to get 12 tokens. IT'S NOT WORTH IT, IMO.
    People say warriors (lvl41) are being wimps for not sticking around when they see her. I don't blame them. Do you know how long it is to kill her with a party of warriors?
    I have three toons (at various lvls). She is definitely more manageable at lower lvls.
    I don't bother buying Kits anymore as the novelty has worn off. But if I bought one and people started leaving Helena, I'd be angry and SAD...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sdbigdaddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Fyrce, if you're fighting Helena on a twink or using a rogue, then you are not really having the same experience as the ones who are complaining. At endgame she is so OP that you get one shot constantly and it takes 20 minutes even with a full party. And most of the time the PUG members will leave and then your choice is to waste an energy or try to solo her, which is just not possible. I've tried using the 10 plat amulet, it makes no difference. I've bought the 4 plat damage resisance, still no difference. The devs say they like her because she requirs a party. I think the devs tested the endgame Helena using their free mythic gear, while the vast majority of us do not have mythic gear.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer View Post
    Really devs? Omg like really? Give me 10 updates and I'm gonna complain Might have to look for a new game with no new content because I am very mad! Very mad that you are taking time and putting in a lot of work into this game I play. I hate you guys. Just because you constantly update this game doesn't mean I should be thankful!
    From what I've read u qq more than anyone on this forum about not getting updates on ur game of preference... keep living in the past bro...I'm sure ur a horrible gm as well with all the crying out of ur corner....but ur right u dont have to participate in the event if u don't want to, and w bosses like Helena and ur avg skill of the random pug, it simply makes spending real money or even gold on energy kits simply not worth it and that seems to b the point most r trying to make. Kudos. I did manage to finally see one besides her after 20+ consecutive attempts and got the croc...yet to see ursoth halfway thru silver tier...but why is it my guildies can't join when they r within 4 levels of me and encounter hasnt been started yet in pugs I get some people 5-6 levels lower. Go back to barrens chat where u came from ��
    Last edited by ndirish8178; 07-09-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ndirish8178 View Post
    From what I've read u qq more than anyone on this forum about not getting updates on ur game of preference... keep living in the past bro...I'm sure ur a horrible gm as well with all the crying out of ur corner....but ur right u dont have to participate in the event if u don't want to, and w bosses like Helena and ur avg skill of the random pug, it simply makes spending real money or even gold on energy kits simply not worth it and that seems to b the point most r trying to make. Kudos. I did manage to finally see one besides her after 20+ consecutive attempts and got the croc...yet to see ursoth halfway thru silver tier...but why is it my guildies can't join when they r within 4 levels of me and encounter hasnt been started yet in pugs I get some people 5-6 levels lower. Go back to barrens chat where u came from ��
    Lol actually I'm not complaining. Check out some of my forum posts in SL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Like others have said a huge problem is people attacking the vines and not her. That and leechers staying dead on the stage. She just takes a long time to kill.

A few things have worked well for me tho between my 3 mains and 3 twinks.

Mages Curse works well since she hits so hard. I try to time it for right before her star drop happens. Or like sirulian said just tap your skills if you don't have curse.

Warriors that don't have mythic or arcane weapons should be using conquerors wall of potency. The proc gives an armor boost and stuns the bosses a lot. Best weapon IMO for her. Plus using one attack skill with vb, jugg and horn keeps you alive really well.

My rogue has been using a magma security set and architect blades with smoke bomb and daggers strip her life much faster than bows will. Plus most bow users barely hit her because of vines. Staying alive is tough when smoke isn't up so that's the only time I can get killed with this set.

Also having a dash skill will get you back to the zone fast so she won't reset. Best advise I can give for Helena. Just remember if she wasn't here like this people would be flying through portal bosses like tarlok event. This slows it down.
    Best post this far on strategy and tips...much appreciated. I'm sure many players having w trouble w this fight will find this useful to make the encounter somewhat easier. Giving ur insight and recommendations is what others should b posting , not ripping on someone who simply shared their opinions, thoughts and concerns (that is what forums r all about anyways). I'm sure STS implemented this fight to prevent everyone from blazing thru tiers w greatest of ease, they have their reasons I do think maybe reducing the rng factor of getting her so often would make a huge difference... If ur a plat player I'm sure it doesn't matter, but those who don't have lots of real money to spend and newer players without millions of gold and mythic n arcane weapons n gear will have problems getting to gold tier.

My main issue is w people leaving as soon as they see her. When ur a squishy and ur high level warrior that's 5-7 levels above u leaves, it's a fail plain n simple. And not being able to bring in ur dedicated guildies who r within a few levels of u to help when she resets or before encounter has even started n everyone bails is quite discouraging. Maybe a quick hotfix would make it a little more enjoyable for everyone.

Maybe if STS chimed in w a "blue post" about this issue/subject, it would put all of our minds at ease a little more. But then again they might b sitting back and laughing at all the wipes and fails this boss has brought us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

So, you hate Helena.. Who doesn't?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

i doubt anybody likes her

this is one screwed up boss. there is no way to avoid her

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

so many reason to hate helena..

1: when ppls see her, they are leaveing and a mage or warior cant solo her..

2: lvl 24-32 mage and warior for its imposible boss to solo. you are dieing and its respawn hp..

3: its takes soo long to kill and drop nothing..

4: on lvl 41 its not hard and ppls not leaveing. but on 24-32 lvls so many ppl leaveing after see it...

5: i hate leechers they are dieing and going to afk..

6: wasteing 200 pot ( 2-3 k gold ) and drop nothing..

7: i think on random teams sts should do it like that >>>> gold tier could enter gold tier players, silvers to Silvers... i said it before than event

At the point helena is a fail boss in that event

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

There is a secret for killing helena on higher levels ...
    But m not good in explaning lolz......

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

lol helena isn't hard for rogues. play better. i'm a lv41 with legendary gear.
    also. i found out that warriors actually slow down the party. 2 mages plus 2 rogues are tye best formation as they can both attack from a distance and deal high damage.
    the important thing is to hav ur mages focus on vines and th3 rogues to throw smoke and kell aimed shot her. teanw9rk is all it takes. and i only run with pugs. just talk less, play better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

So all you have to do is pile on Helena. Everyone, stand directly on top and pew pew. Lvl 41 will kill her fast. No worry the vines just pile up directly on her and dps. Idk if this was mentioned but that's the deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

In my openion easiest way to kill helena is to go with 1 tank and 3 dps .
    First of all we are all knoe that the helena have a bit higher hp then other bosses.....
    And we can not kill her faster because of those plants .....
    Because they take max of our crits.....
    And they revive again and again until the boss defeat.....
    So my trick is to go with one tank...
    The tank will keep plants around him and keep healing him self and of the pet....
    And other 3 dps take on helena freely...
    Because ther will be no plants arround her....
    So all crit hit her perfectly and directly.....
    And she will be eassy to kill

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

All these "best ways" include, basically, not playing a warrior. But Snakespeare is a warrior. These are not ideas, therefore, they are just more ways to say that this event excludes me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Better Just deal wit helena only, ignore those vines thts the faster way to defeat her( ps: every classes has their important role to play wit not to dislike and avoid one and another
    "Respect, One of the many thing people lack"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

If it has been suggested apologies, but pull her back towards the trees that marks the entrance to the wide area where bosses spawn . Pull her as far as u can back and you'll see less vines interfereing.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomsChaos View Post
    warior cant solo her..
    Lie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I think it's time for an "I hear Helena is so ...." Thread
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Lie.
    Cool video : )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Lie.
    i meaned lvl 24-32 but still want to say thats...

1: not everyone should use ward

2: idk how long you hited it, maybe just leave and farm essence and you will find more in that wasted time..

3: i can imagine how long you hited it..

4: its also big risk because if you die, its lucky to boss reset..

5: didnt watch video so idk if you used plat rew...

6: i can imagine how many pot u used..

At the End its a fail boss and you should try it on low lvls...

Question : do you think its not fail boss?
    did you try it on low lvls as i said?

PLUS A Tip for you " pull it back, back corner have 3 plant only "
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 07-11-2014 at 07:35 PM.