Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rushing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thumbs down Rushing

Hey guys, recently, I decided to make a level 15 dex bear twink. Today, it was finally PK-ready, so I set off into the PvP maps.

I met some new friends, had some friendly duels, even learned a thing or two from some great pkers, right? WRONG. I was constantly greeted with rushers, teamers, and flame for being new and "not having a face" (yes, that was a rusher's excuse). The good players did nothing to help me, instead killing me on sight. I did, however, manage to join a guild, "Ez", and was feeling happy, because I felt like I finally belonged. For those of you who do not know, Ez is a pretty large 10-22 guild, and I met a new member in almost every match.

Just when I was settling in, getting to know the "rules" of pking, learning that I was supposed to rush back, ignore flamers, leave against teamers etc, disaster struck. I got back online after eating lunch, and about 30 seconds later I was kicked from the guild for "rushing a guildie"

I talked to the player who kicked me and he was less than sympathetic. Apparently, I had rushed him mercilessly, spawn killing and all. However, I have never rushed first, nor had I seen his name (Niffers), and I had only been online for 30 seconds!

Does this happen often? I find it hard to look forward to a day of pking tomorrow if this is going to be the general theme.
    Also, I would appreciate if someone gives me some concrete tips on what to do if I'm being rushed/teamed for "being new".

TL;DR: I rant about getting wrecked in PvP, anyone want to give the poor noob some advice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Join fast paced pvp

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SillyJuan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

My advice is level up to 51 and chill with the real pvpers

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I saw that, they were rushing bc you had no face... Couldn't help I was on their team D:

Worst sig EU, got bored

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Motivating For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Some people take being teamed harder than others. The way I see it is you can either do these following options :
    1. Take it. If you don't care about your kd ,being teamed can actually help improve you as a player. Low level players are like a pack of wolves if they smell weakness then they will eat you. I have experience of the low level scene and your not the only one it happens to.
    2. Pvp with a different crowd whether that be moving to a more mature group of players e.g I agree with Micah 50-51 seems to have a good "vibe" or setting up your own game and booting people if you must.
    3. Leave the game.
    4. Try to have fun. It's a game so do what ever gives you enjoyment.
    5. If you have friends ( not meant for it to be interpreted as an insult) invite them even the numbers up and have a FFA. I would recommend you practise so you can at least defend yourself.
    And remember everyone gets teamed.
    Last edited by jcoultet; 07-07-2014 at 01:49 PM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcoultet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Come up the levels it's a little less hostile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

l15 is a cool place, i like it. generally the top players are polite most of the time, with some exceptions just like at any level. However, 12-20 probably has the largest population of any PvP level besides higher level stuff like 71-76. More players = more personalities = higher chance of bad apples.

The two MOST important words of advice I have are:

if you get teamed and have no help that could come: JUST LEAVE THE MATCH. Don't try to fight 2v1. It's nearly impossible at low level.
    Don't say anything while rushing/getting rushed. Just say "ow" or something if you have anything to say.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DivineMoustache For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gattsplatt View Post
    Hey guys, recently, I decided to make a level 15 dex bear twink. Today, it was finally PK-ready, so I set off into the PvP maps.

I met some new friends, had some friendly duels, even learned a thing or two from some great pkers, right? WRONG. I was constantly greeted with rushers, teamers, and flame for being new and "not having a face" (yes, that was a rusher's excuse). The good players did nothing to help me, instead killing me on sight. I did, however, manage to join a guild, "Ez", and was feeling happy, because I felt like I finally belonged. For those of you who do not know, Ez is a pretty large 10-22 guild, and I met a new member in almost every match.

Just when I was settling in, getting to know the "rules" of pking, learning that I was supposed to rush back, ignore flamers, leave against teamers etc, disaster struck. I got back online after eating lunch, and about 30 seconds later I was kicked from the guild for "rushing a guildie"

I talked to the player who kicked me and he was less than sympathetic. Apparently, I had rushed him mercilessly, spawn killing and all. However, I have never rushed first, nor had I seen his name (Niffers), and I had only been online for 30 seconds!

Does this happen often? I find it hard to look forward to a day of pking tomorrow if this is going to be the general theme.
    Also, I would appreciate if someone gives me some concrete tips on what to do if I'm being rushed/teamed for "being new".

TL;DR: I rant about getting wrecked in PvP, anyone want to give the poor noob some advice?
    i just had the same problem with the same guild. An officer of the guild started rushing me knowing that i was in the guild i rushed him back and did what they told me to do and he just kicked me

BTW: they hunt anyone that is kicked from the guild i learned that from the gc

Also, he rushed me because i pwned him in 1v1

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcoultet View Post
    Some people take being teamed harder than others. The way I see it is you can either do these following options :
    1. Take it. If you don't care about your kd ,being teamed can actually help improve you as a player. Low level players are like a
    pack of wolves if they smell weakness then they will eat you. I have experience of the low level scene and your not the only one it happens to.
    2. Pvp with a different crowd whether that be moving to a more mature group of players e.g I agree with Micah 50-51 seems to have a good "vibe" or setting up your own game and booting people if you must.
    3. Leave the game.
    4. Try to have fun. It's a game so do what ever gives you enjoyment.
    5. If you have friends ( not meant for it to be interpreted as an insult) invite them even the numbers up and have a FFA. I would recommend you practise so you can at least defend yourself.
    And remember everyone gets teamed.
    Josh for president!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hover For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hover View Post
    Josh for president!!!
    I second the motion!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

What I've noticed with 10-20 is that all you need to not be rushed is a hidden/good kdr and some decent vanities, I've had several secret alts and that's my best advice to you and other people starting the level. Making friends and joining a guild also helps.
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone! I think I'll work on acquiring friends and vanities. Outside of the 3 year veteran shield, what should I use?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

wait for halloween get those then @ xmas get snowflakes

or

use red sombrero

red phoenix wings

artisan

and 3 yr shield
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    My advice is level up to 51 and chill with the real pvpers
    Mighty some of us are actually nice but I cant speak for most people :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTZ View Post
    What I've noticed with 10-20 is that all you need to not be rushed is a hidden/good kdr and some decent vanities, I've had several secret alts and that's my best advice to you and other people starting the level. Making friends and joining a guild also helps.
    If you have a hidden kdr your likely to be rushed unless you prove your actually good :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I have played against ez. most of the people in it team you and the rare goods get kicked its just not a good guild. Zone would be better. Yes hung I said ur guilds good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    If you have a hidden kdr your likely to be rushed unless you prove your actually good :/
    That's not very true, I've had several alts and no one's rushed me when I hid my kdr except for maybe anoweeba lul
    I just listed the things that make me think twice when I rush someone and a hidden kdr is better than one with a low amount of kills, that's why I hide mine until I hit 1k or so..
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

*yawn* Look what happens when I check forums. A spring of activity about 'RUSHING'.

Well, here's what I've got to say:
    If you're not going to level up to Micah's level of PvP, I suppose you're going to have to deal with this. #lowleveldrama Well, go to CS, pick up a frigging overpriced Forgotten Bow, and keel every annoying guy that pisses you off. #FbowTewOP? Ok... I was trolling on the second one, refer to 'dealing with it' or 'Join The Dark Side ---> Micah's 51 Lvl Pvp'. (Eh? You get it? 'Dark Side'? 'Dark Side' referring to Shadow Caves and Hate/Shotgun Sets?) :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

On both my 51 and 56 mage, I hide my KD, just because I rush too much lol.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone! I think I'll work on acquiring friends and vanities. Outside of the 3 year veteran shield, what should I use?
    Honestly, I think that you should wait until Valentine's Day hits, because I have fallen in love with that Wall of Love. (Eh? 'Wall of Love', referring to Valentine's Day?) *sigh...*