Thread: Why are people always leaving...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Default Why are people always leaving...

Apologies if threads have already been written about this topic. I don't patrol the forums nearly as often as I used to.

Just from the times that I've run through the event map, which isn't many because I only use the energy from spirit chests/crafted/renewed, a lot of people are leaving the maps whenever they see Helena. Yes I understand that a bunch of people find Helena to be their least favorite event boss, but why can't you just stay and fight the boss? Yea she can one-shot anyone and you die. So what? And with Helena being such a common boss (at least for me, I've seen her more than any other boss) I often find myself fighting with 2 or 3 players, very rarely a full party, and sometimes I'm left to solo her, which I can't really do being, at best, an above average warrior.

Personally, this is taking away from some of the fun from the event because it's simply frustrating seeing players leave just because they don't like Helena and potentially waste the energy of other fellow players.

I'm not sure what can be done about this issue, but I sure won't be deliberately running with PUGs into Elondria through the rest of the event.

TLDR: It's becoming increasingly annoying seeing players leave maps because they don't want to fight Helena. Any suggestions to solve this other than making parties?
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jcyee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Run with ur guild or if to many people leave ask ur guildies for help.
    The only one who can beat you down is yourself!
    You will never go down if you believe in yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yeah, great, ask guildies for help -- only no one can join...

Not to mention, why're we in an mmo again? So we can play strictly with the kids we already know, right? Just wanted to confirm: No strangers allowed!

It does not surprise me at all how many people are willing to fritter away the energy...
    and then complain about lack of energy...

It also does not surprise me how many people complain about boring bosses, but then when they get one that requires a little bit of strategy as those same people requested...
    well, of course, more complaining.

Moreover, the idiots are the ones who create the problem in the first place, spawning a high level Helena and leaving it to the low level to solo...some humans are major pains in the ----

Easiest solution: Greater reward for Helena, equal to or greater than Ursoth Tokens and points.

Alternative: 1/2 Helena's current hps.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 07-08-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Star light, star bright...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i'd say its much better if they leave rather than just stand there doing absolutely nothing & wld only care to move aftr Helena is dead.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Portalkeeper; 07-08-2014 at 06:00 PM.

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Only weak players and not brave players who deserved a waste of energy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Yeah, great, ask guildies for help -- only no one can join...

Not to mention, why're we in an mmo again? So we can play strictly with the kids we already know, right? Just wanted to confirm: No strangers allowed!

It does not surprise me at all how many people are willing to fritter away the energy...
    and then complain about lack of energy...

It also does not surprise me how many people complain about boring bosses, but then when they get one that requires a little bit of strategy as those same people requested...
    well, of course, more complaining.

Moreover, the idiots are the ones who create the problem in the first place, spawning a high level Helena and leaving it to the low level to solo...some humans are major pains in the ----
    Ur guildies can join as long as the boss is reset or stays untouched someone can join.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tharidom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Easiest solution: Greater reward for Helena, equal to or greater than Ursoth Tokens and points.
    I think Id agree with this. Maybe not as much as Ursoth grants but definitely more than what Helena currently gives. I doubt though this will happen for this event but perhaps it could be considered for future events.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Please we can't forget, when you zone in as say lvl23 and then a LVL29 joins zone along with two lvl 22's to fight Helena. That's A FUN TIME -_-. Can anyone say 30min fight? Especially when under geared players are involved. Thats why many ppl also rather just burn an energy vs. go through this terrible time sink.
    BTW what is up with the horrible lvl gap, c'mon 6 lvl difference for event maps?.. sigh sigh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I can't speak for others, but I recently made a new toon which is now a level 8 twink sorcerer. My plan for this toon is to keep it with no PvE deaths. I wasn't planning to do the event at all, but I figured why not. But I do not plan to die ever with this toon. So as soon as I see Helena I run the other way since she can one-hit a sorcerer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree with this totally, maybe a way to overcome it is have other people join at any time. Meaning, do not lock games after you have started the boss (maybe only on Helena?) that would be cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I will tell it straight up. Helena is improperly scaled and has so much armor and HP it's unreasonable and an utter waste of time once you're already gold tier. I can kill ursoth 2-3 times in the time spent with Helena. Mages aren't supposed to be tanks and she has more hp than elite bosses with no drops and bad points. I rage quit and hope I don't run into her on another toon. I don't know why devs think there's nothing wrong with her.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!