Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is it by Design? Why is the Attack Range of Bulwark Ridiculously Short?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    An interesting thread....
    But in my perspective I still find the Pavise to be my favourite . Insooth it is terribly out dated but it is a lvl 31 weapon and we are still comparing it to weapons of this generation, if you can get its proc to spam that would be amazing...for me I got the weapons proc 7 times in a row, makes for a easy to kill mob in elite whom are stunned beyond all recognition.

I also like the Pavise not for its proc, but for its look. It is the only Mythic grade weapon to date that has a light circle/ring and on another note I think it looks "swag".

P.S. Be grateful that you can actually AFFORD weapons like this, think about all the poor players whom dream of Ripmaw in their stable...
    I am grateful. My frustration is when people say " yeah, but I'm not rich like you so I can't get that gear" or "well I don't have an arcane ring like you." Neither one is true. I am constantly attacked as the guy who is biased by being rich. I had 20k a champion security set, a northern tower, and epic jewelry at the start of season 4. I think I know a little bit about farming better gear and tanking elite since I ended the season with a mythic helm, armor, amulet and an entombed warfare (no myth ring, used fangmaster).

If you notice, the player complaining he can't have the same gear as me because Im rich needed less than 50k to match me. He then changed his argument to I don't want to. Many players have more expensive gear than me and lower HP and armor (*cough* magmatic claymore of assault) and then say they can't afford my gear. You can, but you chose DPS instead which is great if you are running maps deathless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I am grateful. My frustration is when people say " yeah, but I'm not rich like you so I can't get that gear" or "well I don't have an arcane ring like you." Neither one is true. I am constantly attacked as the guy who is biased by being rich. I had 20k a champion security set, a northern tower, and epic jewelry at the start of season 4. I think I know a little bit about farming better gear and tanking elite since I ended the season with a mythic helm, armor, amulet and an entombed warfare (no myth ring, used fangmaster).

If you notice, the player complaining he can't have the same gear as me because Im rich needed less than 50k to match me. He then changed his argument to I don't want to. Many players have more expensive gear than me and lower HP and armor (*cough* magmatic claymore of assault) and then say they can't afford my gear. You can, but you chose DPS instead which is great if you are running maps deathless.
    Heheheh, this sounds like the discussion/conversation we had yesterday:3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tharidom View Post
    Heheheh, this sounds like the discussion/conversation we had yesterday:3.
    It should since it is a summary of the discussion we had yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

It should since it is a summary of the discussion we had yesterday.
    Zeus still didn't give me gold though=( :3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

This encourages players to stand near the tank risking damage from area based attacks and having a higher chance to steal my aggro.

This would only be beneficial in PvP.
    How you heal them with horn if they stay far back then? The passive healing on samael is large enough i think, it will make the bulwark more useful in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    How you heal them with horn if they stay far back then? The passive healing on samael is large enough i think, it will make the bulwark more useful in pvp.
    I have to move closer to my allies to cast HoR. I rarely can cast it by staying still. When I can, I am generally closer than I wish to be to the DPS. If you want to put a crazy wide radius on it and only heal HP, I'm game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Conqueror wall doesnt stuns. It procs an armour coat for 5 secs. That stun , probably is because of your skyward smash.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk
    Conqueror wall did stun bosses,

Tested on helena & ursoth

Name:  Screenshot_2014-07-12-02-38-52.png
Views: 263
Size:  693.2 KB

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Zeus still didn't give me gold though=( :3.
    If Zeus gave everyone who plays AL 10 mill, he'd still have 300 mill left over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    If Zeus gave everyone who plays AL 10 mill, he'd still have 300 mill left over
    But I wanted all his gold (or atleast 20mill to buy a glaive) :/ =(. Crow promised me:3.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

But I wanted all his gold (or atleast 20mill to buy a glaive) :/ =(. Crow promised me:3.
    Goblin glaive is your best bet yet, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I promised you would stop complaining. I did not however promise you would see a cent from Zeus.

PS: you've taken the joke too far. Let it rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Thread upgraded with more testing results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uicheusa View Post
    Thread upgraded with more testing results.
    In forming a claim that the bulwark doesn't function as a conqueror's wall, you may want to test (and show pictures) of the conqueror's wall's performance as well since you currently have a one sided argument.

PS: Dev confirmed they use the same aiming factors as the conqueror's wall on the bulwark, you are beating a dead horse with this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

In forming a claim that the bulwark doesn't function as a conqueror's wall, you may want to test (and show pictures) of the conqueror's wall's performance as well since you currently have a one sided argument.

PS: Dev confirmed they use the same aiming factors as the conqueror's wall on the bulwark, you are beating a dead horse with this thread.
    This is not scientific experiment.

I am writing down my user experience, simple as that.

Su-zakana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys,

I've taken a look at the data for the Bulwark, and wanted to share my results!

From what I see, the range of the Bulwark is identical to that of any Sword & Board in the game currently. This includes the Pavise, Conquistador, Fire, Nordr, etc items of the same category. The 3 enemy cleave is also intact, and they all share the same 180 degree hit cone in front of the tank.

Where the design may be misunderstood however, is in the charged attack. The charged attack on the Bulwark will 100% of the time apply an Elondrian Curse to the affected enemies, which acts similar to the Sorcerer Curse. It reduces enemy armor, hit chance (not in pvp), and reflects damage dealt by the afflicted enemy/player. This is the true offensive ability of the Bulwark and why the charged attack takes longer to charge (1.5 Seconds).

The Bulwark overall is designed as a tanking weapon, and not an offensive weapon. The Curse is useful in crowds mainly, and can be very effective against bosses when keeping up the curse (denoted by the bubbly green effect). This is of cours eon top of the passive proc that summons the Elondrian Spirit when taking damage.

Sorry if some of this information was not conveyed in an articulate enough way, but I promise if you play with the bulwark a bit you'll find it quite useful.
    Hi guys, i have Bulwark and i tested it well:

I would like to confirm Crowsfoot and Ravager findings, curse reflected dmg from any mob or boss is 120-+5, so it cant be related to damage dealt by enemy.
    The difference in dmg dealt by Elite Brack and Elite Shuyal mobs is like 20 times. If dev intended to relate the curse dmg to attacker raw dmg, that
    should be fixed and would be much more interesting.

I would like to add some findings:
    I dont understand, why trigger hit reduce on charged attack? Means curse will apply much less (apply when you get hit) times and curse is a main active proc. This sounds not logical to me.
    Time duration of curse is too low, and also charging time is high.
    Or to adjust time duration of a curse or charging time of a weapon. I would like to see rather curse last longer.Why? When i hit mobs they look after me, but i usualy run forward and they cant hit me then
    Many says Pavise stun proc is cool. Ye it is, but have you seen how slow that weapon is? Bulwark is much faster. If it has also stun, that would be awesome. I think Bulwark should be un upgraded Pavise with new features.
    I can get it that this is a tank weapon and thats why armor is over dmg, but i like also to solo some elite maps, dunno why it has to take
    much more time? I have to change weapon for that? Dmg should be close to magma or goblin glaive.
    Difference in armor of Bulwark and Pavise is too small compared to how Trinidin, Shuyal or Nord elite maps got harder.
    Spirit proc should activate to all pt members at once, beacuse when triggers means high dmg is taken by tank at that moment.

Dev like to balance all, well please consider also this findings.
    Thanks for reading
    Last edited by Paunazaca; 07-12-2014 at 09:29 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Paunazaca For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

One note for charged attack:
    when I apply Elondrian Curse (which last 5s), it falls after 5s no matter if I spam charged attack. If I use charget attack during previsous Elondrian Curse is still active, it should apply new Curse.

In actual situation I use 3 times charget attack and Curse falls after 0,5s.

Interesting improvement should be some stack effect (i.e. +50% reflected dmg, that will be usefull again bosses)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    One note for charged attack:
    when I apply Elondrian Curse (which last 5s), it falls after 5s no matter if I spam charged attack. If I use charget attack during previsous Elondrian Curse is still active, it should apply new Curse.

In actual situation I use 3 times charget attack and Curse falls after 0,5s.

Interesting improvement should be some stack effect (i.e. +50% reflected dmg, that will be usefull again bosses)
    Like effects don't stack. This isn't a glitch. Same applies to any buff or debuff from a pet's AA, actual curse, RC, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Any news if this weap will be fixed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I would actually like to see a 20% Armor Reduction AoE passive on the Bulwark. It doesn't have to be huge, basically the range of HoR.

I think that this would really enhance the sword & board for both elite PvE and PvP, since the effect would be equally devastating in either case!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

ozur dilerim sizi cok seviyorum arcane legends