Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is it by Design? Why is the Attack Range of Bulwark Ridiculously Short?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Is it by Design? Why is the Attack Range of Bulwark Ridiculously Short?

If something finally comes into your reach when you are equipped with Bulwark, you can probably hit it by your fist too.

Glaive has the longest reach among all available warrior weapons at the moment.

Conquerer's wall (legendary shield) has medium attack range, which is twice of what Bulwark has.

They say Bulwark can hit 3 targets at a time, but with this kind of attack range, its merit sounds more like a joke.

Name:  a1.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  147.8 KB

A complete miss. Try to replicate the result with any other weapon in AL

Bulwark's hit range is so short that I once got kited by a gunman (yes! the mob!) in Kraken... True story...

I have tried so many times in PVP, while I could hit an opponent who is standing still roughly 2m away from me with a Conquerer's Wall, an attack initiated by a Bulwark would totally miss the target in the same range. BTW, I tried both with a charged normal attack.

In a different scenario I tried to hit a rogue on the other side in some casual encounters, but like 85% (charged & normal) of my attempt ended up failing. This kind of thing never happened before no matter which kind of weapon I used.

Also, I noticed that with any other weapon equipped, if your attack is slightly off your target, it will be directed to a land a successful hit by taking your character half a step closer to your target. This is done automatically in both PVP and PVE.

However, with Bulwark equipped, my character seems to lose this kind of auto adjustment.

So I guess Dev can try to repeat my little experiment to see what actually went wrong with Bulwark.
    Last edited by Uicheusa; 07-11-2014 at 07:19 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uicheusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

omg. I was saving gold for it . better is tht old conqueror wall. it also proc stuns alot at Helena and ursoth and also gives armour proc. which is good at boss fight.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to utpal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I am so sick of that I have to charge the normal attack for like two second only to find out that my attack completely misses my target in PVE.
    Last edited by Uicheusa; 07-10-2014 at 12:54 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uicheusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    omg. I was saving gold for it . better is tht old conqueror wall. it also proc stuns alot at Helena and ursoth and also gives armour proc. which is good at boss fight.
    Conqueror wall doesnt stuns. It procs an armour coat for 5 secs. That stun , probably is because of your skyward smash.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtmeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

@ish bhai
    I dnt use hammer neither axe. and I use ribbit.
    I was doing solo with my low lvl alt, Helena and Ursoth was getting stunned even tho I haven't used charged normal attack. I just spam normal attack since shield has high dps. i use windmill only whn too mch vines come.

when it procs, I see some gaseous substance in their (bosses) head and get stunned and sometime I get armour.

u can try too. just spam normal attack and u will stun rendtail too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to utpal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

They obviously need to fix the Bulwark. Just a look at the price tells all.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    @ish bhai
    I dnt use hammer neither axe. and I use ribbit.
    I was doing solo with my low lvl alt, Helena and Ursoth was getting stunned even tho I haven't used charged normal attack. I just spam normal attack since shield has high dps. i use windmill only whn too mch vines come.

when it procs, I see some gaseous substance in their (bosses) head and get stunned and sometime I get armour.

u can try too. just spam normal attack and u will stun rendtail too.
    Ohh does that really happen? I tanked every elite tindrin with conqueror stuff and many times i saw alagran and abomination troll stunned. I used to think its because of my skyward smash. Well, thanks for telling bhai. Ill look into this i wish it is true.
    Btw tumhara ign kya hai? Mujhe add karna, ign mere signature mai hai.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

ye !need mobs very close then u can attack 3 target. ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Tip : Throw your Bulwark out of the window .
    It seriously needs a nerf.

Karma Officer
    IGNs : Hazard ( Tank ) , Jxmaa ( Rogue )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jxmaa View Post
    Buff*

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jxmaa View Post
    That would give it more range! Works the same for my golf clubs!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Conqueror wall doesnt stuns. It procs an armour coat for 5 secs. That stun , probably is because of your skyward smash.

Come on man, it says right there that it does stun and it stunned for me many times on uncharged attack.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uicheusa View Post
    If something finally comes into your reach when you are equipped with Bulwark, you can probably hit it by your fist too.

Glaive has the longest reach among all available warrior weapons at the moment.

Conquerer's wall (legendary shield) has medium attack range, which is twice of what Bulwark has.

They say Bulwark can hit 3 targets at a time, but with this kind of attack range, its merit sounds more like a joke.
    Mersinmehmet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Conquer does stun and proc armor. Some would say that's enough for elites. I agree to buffing it, but a buff in the direction of tanking. More hp and armor, don't give it more damage. It's not meant for that and shouldn't be. Everyone should stop playing pvp and give elites some love.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The basic attack is worthless in many ways. However, it is an area based attack with a medium radius when charged.

The secret proc is triggered 100% of the time when charged anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Conquer does stun and proc armor. Some would say that's enough for elites. I agree to buffing it, but a buff in the direction of tanking. More hp and armor, don't give it more damage. It's not meant for that and shouldn't be. Everyone should stop playing pvp and give elites some love.
    Damage and DPS help hold aggro. Here are a few percents relating to the bulwark to consider

A lvl 41 Conqueror's Wall has 32.5_% more armor than a lvl 36 Northern Tower.

A lvl41 Bulwark has 23_% more armor than a lvl 31 Pavise

A lvl 31 Pavise has 101_% more armor than a lvl 31 Northern Tower

A lvl 41 Bulwark has 86.5_% more armor than a lvl 41 Conqueror's Wall

Additionally, the Pavise had both higher DPS and Damage than the Northern tower by a hefty amount. By contrast, the Bulwark has similar damage but less DPS than its legendary counterpart.

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hey guys,

I've taken a look at the data for the Bulwark, and wanted to share my results!

From what I see, the range of the Bulwark is identical to that of any Sword & Board in the game currently. This includes the Pavise, Conquistador, Fire, Nordr, etc items of the same category. The 3 enemy cleave is also intact, and they all share the same 180 degree hit cone in front of the tank.

Where the design may be misunderstood however, is in the charged attack. The charged attack on the Bulwark will 100% of the time apply an Elondrian Curse to the affected enemies, which acts similar to the Sorcerer Curse. It reduces enemy armor, hit chance (not in pvp), and reflects damage dealt by the afflicted enemy/player. This is the true offensive ability of the Bulwark and why the charged attack takes longer to charge (1.5 Seconds).

The Bulwark overall is designed as a tanking weapon, and not an offensive weapon. The Curse is useful in crowds mainly, and can be very effective against bosses when keeping up the curse (denoted by the bubbly green effect). This is of cours eon top of the passive proc that summons the Elondrian Spirit when taking damage.

Sorry if some of this information was not conveyed in an articulate enough way, but I promise if you play with the bulwark a bit you'll find it quite useful.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys,

I've taken a look at the data for the Bulwark, and wanted to share my results!

From what I see, the range of the Bulwark is identical to that of any Sword & Board in the game currently. This includes the Pavise, Conquistador, Fire, Nordr, etc items of the same category. The 3 enemy cleave is also intact, and they all share the same 180 degree hit cone in front of the tank.

Where the design may be misunderstood however, is in the charged attack. The charged attack on the Bulwark will 100% of the time apply an Elondrian Curse to the affected enemies, which acts similar to the Sorcerer Curse. It reduces enemy armor, hit chance (not in pvp), and reflects damage dealt by the afflicted enemy/player. This is the true offensive ability of the Bulwark and why the charged attack takes longer to charge (1.5 Seconds).

The Bulwark overall is designed as a tanking weapon, and not an offensive weapon. The Curse is useful in crowds mainly, and can be very effective against bosses when keeping up the curse (denoted by the bubbly green effect). This is of cours eon top of the passive proc that summons the Elondrian Spirit when taking damage.

Sorry if some of this information was not conveyed in an articulate enough way, but I promise if you play with the bulwark a bit you'll find it quite useful.
    Isn't damage reflected from curse proportional to damage intake? The Bulwark's reflect is not.

I tested the reflect on an elite Breckenridge goblin and an elite Tindirin Shaman. Both mobs, although dealing widely differing damage to me, were receiving an average of 120 damage per hit of the reflect. I had no buffs active and no pet equipped. I have no idea if DoT attacks trigger the reflect, I plan to do more testing once mine is done gemming.

26.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Isn't damage reflected from curse proportional to damage intake? The Bulwark's reflect is not.

I tested the reflect on an elite Breckenridge goblin and an elite Tindirin Shaman. Both mobs, although dealing widely differing damage to me, were receiving an average of 120 damage per hit of the reflect. I had no buffs active and no pet equipped. I have no idea if DoT attacks trigger the reflect, I plan to do more testing once mine is done gemming.
    The reflection damage is based on the raw Damage value of the attacker, and does not include modifiers for things like level difference, scaled bonus damage and the like which is why you're seeing such things I imagine
    Last edited by Carapace; 07-10-2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Clarification
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Ohh does that really happen?
    obviously bhai.
    see this
    Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Come on ishmeet, it says right there that it does stun and it stunned for me many times on uncharged attack.
    bhai, check every weapon description before buying or using XD.