Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is it by Design? Why is the Attack Range of Bulwark Ridiculously Short?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We are certainly interested in any ideas related to potentially bumping this item, and something may happen in the future. I'm interested in the idea of WHAT the community would like to see buffed, whether a damage buff would feel appropriate or some deeper defensive stats to really solidify its tankability.

Thanks guys!
    From what I've gathered asking warriors who tried it, a DPS buff around +20-30 would help. Also, consider giving a 25% chance of the Curse proc to happen on a normal attack.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We are certainly interested in any ideas related to potentially bumping this item, and something may happen in the future. I'm interested in the idea of WHAT the community would like to see buffed, whether a damage buff would feel appropriate or some deeper defensive stats to really solidify its tankability.

Thanks guys!
    Use a combination or selection of the suggestions:

- Decrease charge time on attack
    - Increase dmg/dps closer to that of Magmatic Claymore
    - Make the proc of the charge attack occur randomly while using normal attack.
    - Increase the forward attack range of the weapon.
    - Perhaps add a PVE only stun proc similar to Pavise

We want this weapon to be comparable to level 46 legendaries / elite legendaries.
    We want this weapon to increase in value. Currently the bulwark is about 4m, gun about 12m, bow about 21m. We need to consider what buffs would be necessary to increase the price of the Bulwark 8m making it the price similar to the gun (at the least).

We want this weapon to last.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Pavise can't hold aggro well. I tested one and had to switch to a conqueror's wall by the third pull. The slow basic attack speed and extremely low damage makes it out dated. I bought a bulwark.
    For elite Tindirin, you can almost triple the proc rate if you drive the pulls close to a magma geyser and you stand on it. So for me, Glaive for 1-2-4 and Pavise for 3-5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    For elite Tindirin, you can almost triple the proc rate if you drive the pulls close to a magma geyser and you stand on it. So for me, Glaive for 1-2-4 and Pavise for 3-5.
    Only way to use the pavise really since you deal almost no damage. I disagree on using the pavise on map 5 though. Map 5 is the second easiest for me to run, I don't see why I would want to use a pavise.

I like the glaive, but I would need either a high survival pet (Abby or singe) or an arcane ring for it to replace a shield weapon for me. In a perfect world, my gear would be as follows: Glaive, myth helm, druid will plate, arcane ring, wild talisman of will. Heavy armor, high HP, and excellent DPS/damage. However, being what I have. A bulwark is a nice compromise. It will last one season, but my set up is my #2 choice for gear set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Carapace,

Keep in mind that weapons are a major reason why people play - everybody wants a cool new weapon to swing around and enjoy! Right now, for warriors those weapons are: Maul & Glaive. It has been this way for months now and unless something is done to radically change the weapon to perform well both offensively and defensively, it will be a wash.

The playstyle comment you make is appropriate, however, at the same time, does not mesh. Why? Well, by releasing one mythic weapon per cap - you are basically dictating a class's playstyle which isn't exactly right. Then, a player has to deal with this and if that player got the short hand of the stick - desire to play decreases.

For rogues, we never really get the short end of the stick. As a result, playing a rogue is always enjoyable for me.

For sorcerers and warriors, their desired weapons come every two caps. The other two caps, they are left with weapons that show to be powerful on stats but do not reflect that in game.

So, a major buff with an increase in damage &/or proc rate + curse proc should be given to these warriors. All other weapons are OP so why can't a warrior's weapon be OP as well?

I'm currently hitting 6k crits in PvP with the new bow. That's almost 2x the health of the average players hp bar! A bit more armor will not reduce that sort of damage and that is why the sword and shield fails.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I have tried so many times in PVP, while I could hit an opponent who is standing still roughly 2m away from me with a Conquerer's Wall, an attack initiated by a Bulwark would totally miss the target in the same range. BTW, I tried both with a charged normal attack.

Also I have tried to hit a rogue on the other side in some casual encounters, but like 85% (charged & normal) of my attempt ended up failing. This kind of thing never happened before no matter which kind of weapon I used.

So I guess Dev can try to repeat my little experiment to see what actually went wrong with Bulwark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Carapace,

Keep in mind that weapons are a major reason why people play - everybody wants a cool new weapon to swing around and enjoy! Right now, for warriors those weapons are: Maul & Glaive. It has been this way for months now and unless something is done to radically change the weapon to perform well both offensively and defensively, it will be a wash.

The playstyle comment you make is appropriate, however, at the same time, does not mesh. Why? Well, by releasing one mythic weapon per cap - you are basically dictating a class's playstyle which isn't exactly right. Then, a player has to deal with this and if that player got the short hand of the stick - desire to play decreases.

For rogues, we never really get the short end of the stick. As a result, playing a rogue is always enjoyable for me.

For sorcerers and warriors, their desired weapons come every two caps. The other two caps, they are left with weapons that show to be powerful on stats but do not reflect that in game.

So, a major buff with an increase in damage &/or proc rate + curse proc should be given to these warriors. All other weapons are OP so why can't a warrior's weapon be OP as well?

I'm currently hitting 6k crits in PvP with the new bow. That's almost 2x the health of the average players hp bar! A bit more armor will not reduce that sort of damage and that is why the sword and shield fails.
    1) we have discussed how biased it is to post damage output with buffs :eyeroll:

2) I may just cap my mage and try him out. The upside to shields is even poor tanks can be decent simply by having taunt skills. However, as the tank it is just a spasm of trying to out taunt the DPS players. The glaive and maul both allow off tanking. And have awesome procs. The bulwark has two procs that are fancy but weak. The weapon is even weaker than the pavise relative to its season.

I won't set my opinion in stone until further testing. But, I can say it needs a buff. What the buff should be is the only question I have left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

1) we have discussed how biased it is to post damage output with buffs :eyeroll:

2) I may just cap my mage and try him out. The upside to shields is even poor tanks can be decent simply by having taunt skills. However, as the tank it is just a spasm of trying to out taunt the DPS players. The glaive and maul both allow off tanking. And have awesome procs. The bulwark has two procs that are fancy but weak. The weapon is even weaker than the pavise relative to its season.

I won't set my opinion in stone until further testing. But, I can say it needs a buff. What the buff should be is the only question I have left.
    I'm hitting 6k crits on mages with no damage buff other than my pet. Nobody was assisting me. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I'm hitting 6k crits on mages with no damage buff other than my pet. Nobody was assisting me. :/
    On mages who have 35-50% of the armor of a warrior yet you said "a bit more armor will not reduce that sort of damage." Which is wrong, you just throw cotton balls as attacks to do it and then you have time to land two crits.

PS: feeble

---

A shield weapon will never be powerful in PvP unless you are flagging, oh wait, you have to kill the opposing flagger now. Jk, stay in elites.

The shield weapon should be stronger than the passive, relative to season, since both new mythic weapons for the other classes are. The weapon itself will never be for PvP and shouldn't be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

You're also one of the 2% of players who has both arcane ring and mythic bow. While i agree 100% with the warrior weapon needing a serious buff, I don't think the crit of a maxed out rogue can be considered "the norm" for a comparison.

(In other words let's not get our smexy bow nerfed instead of getting the fatties their buff)
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    You're also one of the 2% of players who has both arcane ring and mythic bow. While i agree 100% with the warrior weapon needing a serious buff, I don't think the crit of a maxed out rogue can be considered "the norm" for a comparison.

(In other words let's not get our smexy bow nerfed instead of getting the fatties their buff)
    Don't u also agree he should make a contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

On mages who have 35-50% of the armor of a warrior yet you said "a bit more armor will not reduce that sort of damage." Which is wrong, you just throw cotton balls as attacks to do it and then you have time to land two crits.

PS: feeble

---

A shield weapon will never be powerful in PvP unless you are flagging, oh wait, you have to kill the opposing flagger now. Jk, stay in elites.

The shield weapon should be stronger than the passive, relative to season, since both new mythic weapons for the other classes are. The weapon itself will never be for PvP and shouldn't be.
    Okay, I hit 5k+ on warriors with 2k+ armor. You can ask those who PvP with me - these numbers are not exaggerated. Additionally, the only feeble that is long range is axe throw (and it has a short feeble). Chest splatter is usually easily outmanuverable.

@Sera
    I've taken off the ring and fought with just the bow. The bow alone grants over a 100 damage increase when compared to the previous generation mythic weapon. Even the arcane ring did not give such a huge bonus. Isn't it a bit ridiculous to have a 100 damage increase over the mythic daggers? Damage was already a problem as I mentioned before - now, it is even moreso.

To compensate and give bulwark value, it has to be both decent in PvE and PvP. Higher level gears generally are not bought specifically for PvE as those maps can be run with/without mythics. Usually, those that buy mythic weapons for the sake of PvE are enthusiasts.

The shield weapon will never truly be a powerful weapon in PvP, I agree. However, going back to my point: people buy mythic weapons for PvP. All other classes have a current generation weapon that can be used effectively in PvE and PvP (even mages). I must ask, why can warriors not be allowed the same privilidge? Instead, they get surprisingly strong in alternating caps which I'm sure cannot be too effective at retaining already bored players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Okay, I hit 5k+ on warriors with 2k+ armor. You can ask those who PvP with me - these numbers are not exaggerated. Additionally, the only feeble that is long range is axe throw (and it has a short feeble). Chest splatter is usually easily outmanuverable.

@Sera
    I've taken off the ring and fought with just the bow. The bow alone grants over a 100 damage increase when compared to the previous generation mythic weapon. Even the arcane ring did not give such a huge bonus. Isn't it a bit ridiculous to have a 100 damage increase over the mythic daggers? Damage was already a problem as I mentioned before - now, it is even moreso.

To compensate and give bulwark value, it has to be both decent in PvE and PvP. Higher level gears generally are not bought specifically for PvE as those maps can be run with/without mythics. Usually, those that buy mythic weapons for the sake of PvE are enthusiasts.

The shield weapon will never truly be a powerful weapon in PvP, I agree. However, going back to my point: people buy mythic weapons for PvP. All other classes have a current generation weapon that can be used effectively in PvE and PvP (even mages). I must ask, why can warriors not be allowed the same privilidge? Instead, they get surprisingly strong in alternating caps which I'm sure cannot be too effective at retaining already bored players.
    People like u made pvp boring-_-" people like me are completly chanceless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tharidom View Post
    People like u made pvp boring-_-" people like me are completly chanceless.

I'm asking for the damage to be lowered so others actually have a chance. How am I making PvP boring? If anything, it would make PvP less boring if I wasn't running around 1 hitting nearly everything & 2 hitting tanks.

I know for a fact that those with bow and a mythic ring are capable of the same thing as well. The fact is the damage output for rogues is far beyond today's health bar and armor. So, either the damage needs to be nerfed or the health and armor need to be increased proportionately.

This is a common flaw in all of STG's games. As the level cap gets higher, STG seems to forget the importance of armor and health & only brings out things that boost damage (which is what people think that they want). However, then one has situations like this where rogues become insanely overpowered.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-10-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I'm asking for the damage to be lowered so others actually have a chance. How am I making PvP boring? If anything, it would make PvP less boring if I wasn't running around 1 hitting nearly everything & 2 hitting tanks.

I know for a fact that those with bow and a mythic ring are capable of the same thing as well. The fact is the damage output for rogues is far beyond today's health bar and armor. So, either the damage needs to be nerfed or the health and armor need to be increased proportionately.

This is a common flaw in all of STG's games. As the level cap gets higher, STG seems to forget the importance of armor and health & only brings out things that boost damage (which is what people think that they want). However, then one has situations like this where rogues become insanely overpowered.
    People like u make it boring because nobody else stands a chance anymore, it is nice though that ur asking sts to fix it.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Is it by Design? Why is the Attack Range of Bulwark Ridiculously Short?

Woohoo, enthusiast! And Zeus, I kill you if you get my cannon nerfed!
    Last edited by FluffNStuff; 07-10-2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: kill zeus

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Zeus, just give all your gold to Tharidom. I promise he will stop complaining xD

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Woohoo, enthusiast! And Zeus, I kill you if you get my cannon nerfed!
    How can you kill me if your cannon is nerfed? xD

Additionally, another effective solution would be to bump up the damage reduction that a rogue faces when entering PvP. So, instead of a 10% damage nerf, a 15-20% damage nerf sounds pretty good.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Oh, you thought I meant in game ... Yeah, that

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Additionally, another effective solution would be to bump up the damage reduction that a rogue faces when entering PvP. So, instead of a 10% damage nerf, a 15-20% damage nerf sounds pretty good.
    This sounds great for twinks who are already being bludgeoned to deatg by warriors.