Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is it by Design? Why is the Attack Range of Bulwark Ridiculously Short?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Are they gonna fix it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys,

I've taken a look at the data for the Bulwark, and wanted to share my results!

From what I see, the range of the Bulwark is identical to that of any Sword & Board in the game currently. This includes the Pavise, Conquistador, Fire, Nordr, etc items of the same category. The 3 enemy cleave is also intact, and they all share the same 180 degree hit cone in front of the tank.

Where the design may be misunderstood however, is in the charged attack. The charged attack on the Bulwark will 100% of the time apply an Elondrian Curse to the affected enemies, which acts similar to the Sorcerer Curse. It reduces enemy armor, hit chance (not in pvp), and reflects damage dealt by the afflicted enemy/player. This is the true offensive ability of the Bulwark and why the charged attack takes longer to charge (1.5 Seconds).

The Bulwark overall is designed as a tanking weapon, and not an offensive weapon. The Curse is useful in crowds mainly, and can be very effective against bosses when keeping up the curse (denoted by the bubbly green effect). This is of cours eon top of the passive proc that summons the Elondrian Spirit when taking damage.

Sorry if some of this information was not conveyed in an articulate enough way, but I promise if you play with the bulwark a bit you'll find it quite useful.
    Hello Carapace,

Sorry to disagree but Bulwark's range IS NOT the same of those weapons you said before, 100% SURE!

Hit cone isnt 180º, for sure also, and if you make a single move you will miss target..kind of ridiculous! Same happens with charged attacks. -.-(I had tested it in pvp and pve, comparing with many other shield weapons and non-shield)

And, like Uicheusa said - "Also, I noticed that with any other weapon equipped, if your attack is slightly off your target, it will be directed to a land a successful hit by taking your character half a step closer to your target. This is done automatically in both PVP and PVE." -, this doesnt happen with Bulwark..

...so - with the shortest range ever on a tank weapon + minimal hit cone + and no "auto-aim" when short distance - all this make Bulwark a total failure as a tank weapon, not disregarding, of course, the extreme low damage/dps..but this another "problem" that should be fixed! Or even the "low" armor, if we compare it with level 31 Pavise:

Pavise level 31 - 247 armor
    Bulwark level 41 - 304 armor

only 57 more armor?? hummm sorry but this doesnt make any sense...like all the rest already referred on this thread! =/

I can also talk about the USELESS reverse "low damage" proc, when charging Bulwark for almost 2 sec -.- (that, in my opinion, should be switched for pierce attacks or panic/terrify chance), or even the "HORRIBLE" horn while using bulwark, but this one is also related with damage value as we know..

Actually, the ONLY GOOD THING on bulwark seems to be the spirit proc, with reasonable heal buff and 250 armor buff for all team close to Bulwark spirit, though armor buff only lasts for 5 sec, maybe 10 sec just like heal buff should be more appropriated!!

So...can u please STOP saying Bulwark is "Ok" and that doesn't need to get fixed, because you know this is not true at all!

Its a MYTHIC LEVEL 41 WEAPON ffs -.- It's "nice" for tanking, yes, but OVERALL it doesn't fit all the "requisites" for a level 41 mythic weapon, NOT EVEN CLOSE!! far far far away...

(PS: about shark week...HUGE THANKS for ruining game of all those players with a lot ripmaw's eggs on their stash -.-)
    Last edited by Pedgon; 08-11-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

everyone knew shark week was coming.....ur own damn fault for hoarding rip maw eggs....hahahah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

When they released the new mythic weapons for all classes the idea was to bring a more equallity betten classes... or at least thats what i understood... for me that meant that even in pvp as a warrior with bulwark i should have the same chances as a rogue or mage to kill my oponents ... i understand that is a defensive weapon... that means that i have higher life and armour so i can take more dmg... they should make the weapons in such a way that we all have same chances off killing if we are equpt with same stuff, meaning mythic ring, amulet, armor, helmet and weapon, the only thing that should make us better is our skill of playing... so when they fix the bulwark that how they should try the bulwark ... even if is a defensive weapon should not mean that is good for pve only should also be good for pvp... otherwise the warrior got a bad weapon no mather what the buff if is only ussable in pve.. all weapon and otber stuff should make us equal in pvp the only difference should be how good we are to use our skills.

PS: Remiem said in chatbox they we should expect a fix, and if im not mistaken in the arena testing platform we should find the revised version of the bulwark... so yes the bulwark would get a buff
    Last edited by Memnoch The Devil; 08-11-2014 at 06:26 PM.