Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is it by Design? Why is the Attack Range of Bulwark Ridiculously Short?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Is it by Design? Why is the Attack Range of Bulwark Ridiculously Short?

If something finally comes into your reach when you are equipped with Bulwark, you can probably hit it by your fist too.

Glaive has the longest reach among all available warrior weapons at the moment.

Conquerer's wall (legendary shield) has medium attack range, which is twice of what Bulwark has.

They say Bulwark can hit 3 targets at a time, but with this kind of attack range, its merit sounds more like a joke.

Name:  a1.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  147.8 KB

A complete miss. Try to replicate the result with any other weapon in AL

Bulwark's hit range is so short that I once got kited by a gunman (yes! the mob!) in Kraken... True story...

I have tried so many times in PVP, while I could hit an opponent who is standing still roughly 2m away from me with a Conquerer's Wall, an attack initiated by a Bulwark would totally miss the target in the same range. BTW, I tried both with a charged normal attack.

In a different scenario I tried to hit a rogue on the other side in some casual encounters, but like 85% (charged & normal) of my attempt ended up failing. This kind of thing never happened before no matter which kind of weapon I used.

Also, I noticed that with any other weapon equipped, if your attack is slightly off your target, it will be directed to a land a successful hit by taking your character half a step closer to your target. This is done automatically in both PVP and PVE.

However, with Bulwark equipped, my character seems to lose this kind of auto adjustment.

So I guess Dev can try to repeat my little experiment to see what actually went wrong with Bulwark.
    Last edited by Uicheusa; 07-11-2014 at 07:19 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uicheusa For This Useful Post: