Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My feedback: this event does not fit into my life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Default My feedback: this event does not fit into my life

When I started this Ursoth event I thought maybe the long combats would be rare and I would be able to fit the game sessions into a coffee break or a bus ride. There was just one boss that was OP and I trusted the devs to figure it out and nerf it.

Now a week has gone by and there has been no change. The OP boss occurs most frequently, and drops nothing at all, not even an entangled chest. There is no reward. I've done everything at my end to try to hasten the encounters: got the 10 plat item, bought armor lixirs, new pets, etc. There is no answer, no trick. The encounters just take what time they take and there is nothing you can do about it.

Now I am faced with the question, is Dovabear worth it? Do I go into seclusion instead of enjoying breakfast with my wife? Do I take half hour coffee breaks just because of a game? Do I let the sense of being ripped off (25 minutes, 7 deaths, one green useless weapon) leak over into the rest of my life?

The duty of the devs with player contact seems to not be to bring our feedback to the team, but to tell us why our feedback is wrong.

No. I must make choices, and I choose to enjoy my family and my music and to read.

I'm here, I'm playing, but I have given up on Ursoth. Dovabear is not worth the aggravation. Nothing drops. Why bother?

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Snake,

I feel your pain on this. Currently running 4 characters through this event. My two twinks need 5 mins and 10 mins to finish this boss or Ursoth. My lvl 41 and 39 need between 5-20 mins depending on the party. Overall I need around 2 hours a day to use my STS given energy. These bosses are tougher and take longer to kill than tindrin elite bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Players ask for difficult bosses and not just hack n slash tarlok event type bosses and Sts gave it to them.

Thats why when Serancha ask for super difficult elite dungeons and Ener ask for super difficult quests, i hope sts never reads them.

The bosses are doable anyway with pugs it doesnt take that much of a time.....if you have nothing doing.
    Takin time from your family to play though is a lot of time wasted but you can consider dropping your book instead or listen to music while you play or simply joining a better guild.

Its just a matter of priority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Players ask for difficult bosses and not just hack n slash tarlok event type bosses and Sts gave it to them.

Thats why when Serancha ask for super difficult elite dungeons and Ener ask for super difficult quests, i hope sts never reads them.

The bosses are doable anyway with pugs it doesnt take that much of a time.....if you have nothing doing.
    Takin time from your family to play though is a lot of time wasted but you can consider dropping your book instead or listen to music while you play or simply joining a better guild.

Its just a matter of priority.
    But what do we get? A pet we'll never use?

I am never going to be on any leaderboard. And I'm never going to win a contest. I will open 3 or 4 chests, no more. There are people spending hours on contests and spending lots of plat to try to make the leaderboard, or opening hundreds of chests hoping for mythic iems. They are all spending hundreds of real dollars to do this. I can't justify that. I can't justify more han $20 of plat every few months. I will never get a mythic item unless one randomly comes from the 3 or 4 chests I would open. I'm too experienced to believe that will happen.

There simply isn't a reason I can think of to continue, except to brag and say that I endured it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Everyone has to ask themselves if it's worth their time. If it's not worth your time, then don't do it. Last I looked the price of a dovabear egg in the auction is down to under 300k. Might I suggest you instead farm somewhere that you enjoy, save up your gold, and just buy a dovabear egg.

The great thing about this game is that there is really no need to loot the items you want. We have this wonderful auction where anyone can buy anything they want. So just farm the areas of the game that you enjoy farming, sell what you loot, and then buy the items you need.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    But what do we get? A pet we'll never use?

I am never going to be on any leaderboard. And I'm never going to win a contest. I will open 3 or 4 chests, no more. There are people spending hours on contests and spending lots of plat to try to make the leaderboard, or opening hundreds of chests hoping for mythic iems. They are all spending hundreds of real dollars to do this. I can't justify that. I can't justify more han $20 of plat every few months. I will never get a mythic item unless one randomly comes from the 3 or 4 chests I would open. I'm too experienced to believe that will happen.

There simply isn't a reason I can think of to continue, except to brag and say that I endured it.
    Do you want to know why people spend hundreds of hours? thousands of dollars? Skip sleep? Skip meals? Give up on a outting with their friends? Forget their books? Don't take their dogs for a walk?

Its simply because they are addicted to the game.

The game used to only require from players their money to get exclusive stuff they can use to brag.

Now it requires their money and a huge piece of their life.

Silently some players are accepting this new system and going for the Lb, majority is loudly refusing it, shouting in sts deaf ears and the rest just don't care.

My advice is to stay solid and give the game more time without giving up on your other important priorities. Try at least to use your 3 free balls.
    Dovabear a good pet and you will find yourself using it more often than you think.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

omg yes! and I has killed urshot 45 times and 0 lockeds elondria and littlebear only noobs items green and "garbage" epic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Everyone has to ask themselves if it's worth their time. If it's not worth your time, then don't do it. Last I looked the price of a dovabear egg in the auction is down to under 300k. Might I suggest you instead farm somewhere that you enjoy, save up your gold, and just buy a dovabear egg.

The great thing about this game is that there is really no need to loot the items you want. We have this wonderful auction where anyone can buy anything they want. So just farm the areas of the game that you enjoy farming, sell what you loot, and then buy the items you need.
    You're so right. For $50 I can get 600 plat and spend half of it buying the gold needed for Dovabear. With a mere $25 I can be done with it without ever having played. I'm not really sure I agree that this is "the great thing about this game" however. I kinda think it's the bad thing about this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You're so right. For $50 I can get 600 plat and spend half of it buying the gold needed for Dovabear. With a mere $25 I can be done with it without ever having played. I'm not really sure I agree that this is "the great thing about this game" however. I kinda think it's the bad thing about this game.
    I didn't necessarily mean you should buy your way there with plat. I meant that if you don't enjoy running this particular quest, then do some other part of the game. Farm malison eggs, or run elite caves and try to loot a claymore, or farm archon rings, or farm locks in KM3. Any of those ways will get you to 300k after some time, and then you can buy a dovabear egg without ever having to run the event dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I didn't necessarily mean you should buy your way there with plat. I meant that if you don't enjoy running this particular quest, then do some other part of the game. Farm malison eggs, or run elite caves and try to loot a claymore, or farm archon rings, or farm locks in KM3. Any of those ways will get you to 300k after some time, and then you can buy a dovabear egg without ever having to run the event dungeon.
    LOL! I know what you mean. Yeah, that's why in the OP I siad "I'm here, still playing" but I can't really fit this event into my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Snakespeare,
    If you get a party of rogues, Helena dies kinda fast...

If you're lvl40 or 41, what time will you be online? (prefer time in Central Time)
    I'm in gold tier so if you need help, forum pm me
    (AL IGN: XRuizhex)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Dova bear is totally worth it, but at 300k, it's definitely not worth the effort on Helena.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Snakespeare,
    If you get a party of rogues, Helena dies kinda fast...

If you're lvl40 or 41, what time will you be online? (prefer time in Central Time)
    I'm in gold tier so if you need help, forum pm me
    (AL IGN: XRuizhex)
    Thanks, Ruizhe,

But I really want to play the game like this: Wife says "I'm taking a shower". I think, "great! time to make a run!" I make run, or two, advance a litle, turn off game, she comes out of shower. I smile at her.

I do not want to play the game like this: Wife says, "I'm taking a shower". I think "great! time to make a run!" I jump into a PUG, get Helena, 15 minutes later I hear the water stop running, Helena still at half hp. Someone quits PUG. Wife comes out of shower. I am glaring at my iPad muttering something not printable here.

I do appreciate that you are willing to help, but I really think this event just wasn't made to fit into my style of play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Good idea. Sts created this event so we could go back to farming km3 and BUY our eggs.

If you recall... before this event... nobody was having fun anywhere for the most part. Crates... worthless... elites... worthless. So yeah, lets go back to those.
    Last edited by Rare; 07-10-2014 at 01:47 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Thanks, Ruizhe,

But I really want to play the game like this: Wife says "I'm taking a shower". I think, "great! time to make a run!" I make run, or two, advance a litle, turn off game, she comes out of shower. I smile at her.

I do not want to play the game like this: Wife says, "I'm taking a shower". I think "great! time to make a run!" I jump into a PUG, get Helena, 15 minutes later I hear the water stop running, Helena still at half hp. Someone quits PUG. Wife comes out of shower. I am glaring at my iPad muttering something not printable here.

I do appreciate that you are willing to help, but I really think this event just wasn't made to fit into my style of play.
    I know this scenario extremely well!! And that is why this game is so great, and this event has been working for me:
    Hanging with wife but get quick break: Farm WT4 or any easy board for energy essences and put whatever you get in for crafting.
    Wife is out of the house and I got plenty of time: Use the the event tokens I crafted to do the real runs.

Doing this you realize that you CAN put the event on your own schedule.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

We can run you. Fade and I almost always have a spot in the event runs. Just message me in game, we play at night.

(:

I would do gold, you can get there. Free Dova is best .

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I dont think I've ever been so disappointed in my gaming life until I saw this.

Name:  SamlikesEner.png
Views: 277
Size:  126.8 KB

Sam,

This Game is about pick up and play, anywhere, anytime. Yes, on occasion you are going to get the odd session where you are going to play a bit longer than the average 15-20 minutes, and yes, you'll have those bad runs on occasion that last a bit longer than you expected or even wanted to. But to tell your player base "we've made this event, but if its too hard for you, go do something else", then I think something has severely gone wrong and need some serious re-evaluation by STS.

You know why people keep going back to the Tarlok event as being the Bees Knees of STS events? Quite simply, it inspired teamwork and cooperative play. It was designed so that finding a portal actually meant something. It was designed so that harder work paid off for those willing to enter elites AS A PARTY, in hopes to be rewarded with a portal to farm the better bosses. PUGs actually cared to complete maps and help each other out.

You've (STS) broken the unity of the game and made it about the individual player and not the Team or Party. You dont have to listen to me, but when you read what I write realize i'm not asking you to fix the game economy or fix the leaderboards or fix anything other than making this game fun again.

I saw a video once where JustG said to an audience of game makers, "you have to ask WTF (Where's the Fun) when you create new content", and quite frankly, JustG and STS have forgotten their own mantra.

Please find the fun again.
    Last edited by Hectororius; 07-10-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    You know why people keep going back to the Tarlok event as being the Bees Knees of STS events? Quite simply, it inspired teamwork and cooperative play. It was designed so that find finding a portal actually meant something. It was designed so that harder work paid off for those willing to enter elites AS A PARTY, in hopes to be rewarded with a portal to farm the better bosses. PUGs actually cared to complete maps and help each other out.

You've (STS) have broken the unity of the game and made it about the individual player and not the Team or Party. You dont have to listen to me, but when you read what I write realize i'm not asking you to fix the game economy or fix the leaderboards or fix anything other than making this game fun again.
    It can't really be stated any better than this. You almost got it right in this event. In the beginning... it was fun. Still can be... but here's how it goes now:

"ursoth, anyone want to join?"
    "me"
    "me"
    "i will invite me"
    "send invite"
    "me"

"helena, anyone want to join?"

"crickets"
    "crickets"
    "helena sucks"
    "waste of time"
    "oh darn... one of my energies wasted"

Not even going to get into the leaderboard stuff.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Funny how this event has my favorite boss of al, ursoth, and my least favorite, helena. Its ursoth is hard and does take teamwork. He is fun to fight and drops decent loot. Helena is just annoying to fight and is hard in a very bad way. She also drops horrible loot so it is hardly worth the time and effort it takes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The simple solution to fixing many of the problems in AL is to make it worthwhile to run PUGs. A simple fix which would group members of the same event tier together would solve this problem. I would have no issue running PUGs if I knew I had a chance at Ursoth each time. The main reason why I don't and take (waste) time looking for a party is to be sure I don't waste my energy points running with a bronze/silver tier players which has no chance at Ursoth.

And has been discussed before, they need to make it possible to run with PUGs in elite dungeons. That means that non-party runs would not be timed, but you could still do timed runs if you have a party. And if someone gets disconnected you could invite a new player to the party and that player could join, but it would turn off the timer.

Running PUGs in seasons 1-3 was how I spent 99% of my time. It was easy there because had Jarl in season 1/2 and South Seas in season 3. But since season 3, there have been no elite dungeons that are easy enough where PUGs will join. So if you try running PUGs, eventually someone (or everyone) quits and then you are left having wasted your time.

As for the comment suggesting that nothing in this game should take more than 15-20 minutes, I very much disagree. I've been playing since season 1 where elite Gold Mine took over an hour to complete, and in season 3 where elite Skull Cove took around an hour. So yes, this game has always had very hard dungeons that take a long time. It is not mandatory that you do them, just like it is not mandatory that you do this event. So if you don't like it, then don't do it.

Please stop with the attitude that if one little particular item in the game does not suit your taste than it should be gotten rid of. I would hope that a big game that has many thousands of players would have enough variety that NOBODY would like everything in the game, and that everyone would find many things in the game that they don't prefer. That is how you attract a diverse crowd. Then we all choose the parts of the game that we prefer and we concentrate on those areas. That is how it works.

Contrary to what you may think, there are lots of players in AL who play long marathon sessions of 5+ hours, some of them almost every day. And there are some who play for 10 minutes once per week. There should be parts of the game that would appeal to both of those groups and everyone else in between.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-10-2014 at 08:24 PM.