Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulwark Analysis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    thats sad bulwark is such useless mythic.
    imo,

CHARGED proc should give a shield for "z" sec which decreases x% of dmg intake and stun/dmg enemies within radius/heal user when taking dmg.
    but it should need 3+ sec to charge it.
    (war is like paladin, and it should hav paladin abilities )

And,
    normal attack should always debuff dmg. and hav a chance to deal 3x dmg. (since it has low dps and low armour)

Besides, we need serious buff to this bulwark,
    we can see rogue has 90+ dmg to it pink counterpart, while war has got no serious buff,
    Devs are making rogue domination world.

should change this game to rogue legend. (m angry since bulwark not fixed still)
    Charge time is based on Damage to DPS ratio. You would have to drop the DPS by about 100+ to make it take 7 seconds, I assume.

The second suggestion is pierce + a damage debuff.

I disagree on your reasoning, but agree the Bulwark needs a buff/refinement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Shorten the charge, add dmg debuff and make it have a super almost constant taunt? I'm a rogue and no expert on war for sure but if this is a defensive weapon for party and it's lvl 41 mythic it should be good one.

I'm not sure how with would affect pvp but if some is too OP then just reduce some for pvp map. I get frustrated that pve has to be handicapped by pvp.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 07-15-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    Shorten the charge, add dmg debuff and make it have a super almost constant taunt? I'm a rogue and no expert on war for sure but if this is a defensive weapon for party and it's lvl 41 mythic it should be good one.

I'm not sure how with would affect pvp but if some is too OP then just reduce some for pvp map. I get frustrated that pve has to be handicapped by pvp.
    I dislike the part of it being a charge proc, but like the taunt and damage debuff.

Suggestion added to the list.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 07-18-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yeah make the Bulwark's damage and dps greater than the conquerer of assault jk lol.. The 4 Ideas are great hope STS listens to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrucho View Post
    Yeah make the Bulwark's damage and dps greater than the conquerer of assault jk lol.. The 4 Ideas are great hope STS listens to you
    I think there are some solid suggestions up there. Of those listed I like the following (ordered most to least desirable) for each proc change:

Spirit proc: 1, 3, 2

Reflect proc: 1, 3, 4, 2

Both of the "Idea 1s" were admittedly my own, but I still prefer them. It is a close call for "Idea 3" for the spirit proc. I do like the taunt part a lot.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 07-18-2014 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

didn't saw the spoiler as it didnt came in my browser .
    ur ideas r cool too. and resembles with my ideas.

and which part u disagreed my reasoning?
    did u see tht rogue getting insane dmg boost?

and bulwark is lackluster in the main areas:
    armour, dps, and both the procs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Few notes for pure elite situations

I can see heal 9 times, maybe there is one heal in the start of proc (so total of 10 heal, but I´m not sure). Not 8. But its not so important
    the main thing I want to share is two images

Comparison with OLD possibility of Conquerer´s Wall of Potency with NEW possibility of Bulwark
    Name:  bulwark1.png
Views: 211
Size:  533.1 KB

second images shows situation,when I stand in Veil (I always stay in elites) and Bulwark proc
    Name:  bulwark2.png
Views: 208
Size:  731.9 KB

charget attack do the same thing what Vengeful Blood with Conquerer´s Wall: Mana regen and small dmg

Someone said that warr can´t reach 7k HP, he can and very easy with new gem, which IS the best for tanking

Bulwark isnt weak for tanking, however, buff him and it will be just better :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    Few notes for pure elite situations

I can see heal 9 times, maybe there is one heal in the start of proc (so total of 10 heal, but I´m not sure). Not 8. But its not so important
    the main thing I want to share is two images

Comparison with OLD possibility of Conquerer´s Wall of Potency with NEW possibility of Bulwark
    Name:  bulwark1.png
Views: 211
Size:  533.1 KB

second images shows situation,when I stand in Veil (I always stay in elites) and Bulwark proc
    Name:  bulwark2.png
Views: 208
Size:  731.9 KB

charget attack do the same thing what Vengeful Blood with Conquerer´s Wall: Mana regen and small dmg

Someone said that warr can´t reach 7k HP, he can and very easy with new gem, which IS the best for tanking

Bulwark isnt weak for tanking, however, buff him and it will be just better :-)
    I will gladly show you how to isolate the proc so you van count to 8.

The charge proc has nothing to do with VB nor any similarity. Carapace, a Dev, confirmed that the Bulwark's charge proc does the following: -15% chance to hit, and reflect damage based on the Bulwark user's raw damage stat for 1.5 seconds.

Please don't start rumors, in regards to the charge proc.

The spirit proc was entirely my own testing and I will accept changes that are supported with evidence. As always, we are in the same guild so call me any time for a test.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    How can they market this as a "tanking" weapon, when it has no taunt? Being slow with low damage means every rogue and mage in Arlor is going to be stealing the aggro, and warriors with this weapon will find it difficult to impossible to maintain it.

At the very very least, this should have a powerful taunt proc, and not a charge-to-proc which is useless, especially for taunting. It needs to be frequent and powerful to make up for the lacks we see in the rest of the features here. Taunt proc that triggers on skill use would be a large benefit.
    This would be beneficial. I cant tell u how many times my old archi blade has brought back straying mobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I will gladly show you how to isolate the proc so you van count to 8.

The charge proc has nothing to do with VB nor any similarity. Carapace, a Dev, confirmed that the Bulwark's charge proc does the following: -15% chance to hit, and reflect damage based on the Bulwark user's raw damage stat for 1.5 seconds.

Please don't start rumors, in regards to the charge proc.

The spirit proc was entirely my own testing and I will accept changes that are supported with evidence. As always, we are in the same guild so call me any time for a test.

Tested few minutes ago, final count of 9 healing ticks

for charget attack, there is one picture, see the blue numbers over my head (+20+20)
    Name:  bulwark3.png
Views: 176
Size:  921.2 KB

testing together will be perfect. I will be on holiday till 20th July, so we can do that after I come back ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Realistically, I'm listening to the Dev at the end of the day.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-07-16-14-55-30.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  81.6 KB

Crapace's first post in the thread complaining about the Bulwark's basic attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Realistically, I'm listening to the Dev at the end of the day.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-07-16-14-55-30.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  81.6 KB

Crapace's first post in the thread complaining about the Bulwark's basic attack.
    look! I said thanks lol @ myself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yes, the Charge proc seemed to have conflicting effects, and the best proc was limited by the second worst. The heal is only the second worst because it might help rogues KS you in PvP.

---

My suggestion to fix the Bulwark assuming any change is possible:

1) Add at least +30 DPS; Preferably +50 DPS and +20 Damage, but I won't be picky at this point. Let's make the Bulwark better than a Conqueror's Wall and go from there.

2) Drop the self heal to 20% (down from 40%) of the tank's raw HP (roughly 1200) and return it all at once simultaneously with the +250 armor proc. It will be a nova like effect which only hits allies in range. The proc duration is shortened to 5 seconds and focuses on the most useful part. Remove the +10 Str buff as well, because it serves no purpose.

3) Remove the charge proc and add a Pierce proc. The Pierce proc is a favorite of the Glaive; it makes random attacks, both basic attacks and skills, deal damage based on armor. It is random, similar to critical hits in that manner.
    Yes i agreed with you bulwark need to be fix back 3 suggestion to fix more than enough this is MYTHIC WEAPON not legandary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Spoilers removed, subtitles for suggested changes are now color coded, and order of reflect proc's suggested changes has been reordered to avoid a double exclusion.

Note that the Spirit proc has 3 suggested options for changes and the Reflect proc has 4 suggested options for changes. Ideally, one of each is chosen.

West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Seems like this is just going to be passed nothing's seems to be happening