Thread: Cute lil gold guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Cute lil gold guide

Many of you may already know this method; so, this is mostly directed to newer players.

This started a year ago when I found that not only was I unlucky with drops, but I also lacked the time to farm effectively, and I was terrible at predicting the market. By all estimates, I would be game poor forever, even though I started playing a couple months after DL was released. I decided to find a way to turn that around.

This method requires platinum....a lot

You use platinum to make toons and add the starter bundle to each. Make at minimum 10x alts

Next, you get each of them to lvl 12 and disable experience gain.

Then, wait for double dmg weekend or buy elixirs or pay plat to bypass each mission until you reach final mission. You now should have access to all allies.

Begin farming the final campaign allies all the way down to red light district with each toon. Check for max energy every two hours or so.

When you collect ally items, sell rare gems and legendary weapons at auction.

Each toon should have about 150k or so every 5-7 days. You are now making 1.5mil per week with 10 alts.

Finally, transfer all gold to your main by auctioning trash gems through your main to the toon of how much is on each alt OR use a trusted friend (not recommended)

I hope this can help some new members become DL millionaires. Good luck!
    Last edited by Cutelilkitten; 07-14-2014 at 06:42 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cutelilkitten For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Hiya,
    Did u spend lots of money on the plat?
    That's hundreds of plat ur talking about...
    Or was it a thousand?
    ~Sunneedae

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Prob about 1000. Idk, I don't mind spending money on this game. Hopefully, I'm supporting updates lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Lol, ur supporting something I bet!!
    ~Sunnee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Everyone has to make a living. There's no problem in supplying spacetime employees their wages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

You don't need platinum at all. All you need is 1 character + enough time and interest to keep on farming. I easily earn 100-150k by just killing some mobs for a few hours. The money I get from selling rare drops not included. Took me about 2 weeks to earn 2 million that way. The only problem is that you need some time to actually play and most of all interest to do so
    <a href=https://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?s=76fc55f67a5607738d70b6ac64773c82&attachmentid=18894  title=Name:  
Views: 
Size:  >Attachment 18894</a>
    "Out of sight, out of mind"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I work between 14-16 hours a day; so, my method works for those who have a busy schedule. I barely have to be on and earn 7 mil monthly. It could be more, but then that's just too many alts to manage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Getting every 2 hours online and managing your dozen of characters sounds stressing and takes some time as well
    <a href=https://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?s=76fc55f67a5607738d70b6ac64773c82&attachmentid=18894  title=Name:  
Views: 
Size:  >Attachment 18894</a>
    "Out of sight, out of mind"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

It only takes about five minutes. It's not stressful. If you don't like the concept, then that's on you. I'm just saying it's a viable option that I use and wanted to share.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutelilkitten For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Hiya,
    I agree with kitten.
    Her method does work a lot Better for ppl who can't be on all the
    time but can check in every little bit.
    Thanks for the suggestion cutie.Kitten
    ~Sunneedae

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunneedae For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Thanks for posting, I may start pointing beggars to this thread.

A couple notes:

1. Rather than disabling all the toons xp gain at 12, I would have each toon be at a different level. Then you have weapons and gems of different levels to sell.

2. If you skip the starter bundle and only use plat to buy the extra character slots it would take less plat. 30 plat x 10 alts = 300 plat

3. If all your alts are on the same account as your main....if you collect nightly reward on all toons (note this will slowly increase their level even if you disable xp)....they have a chance of getting some of the plat back.

4. You could do a version of this that requires no plat. Create alt toons with different email addresses. Major drawback here is that it takes longer to log in and out of 10 emails than it does to just switch from one character to another when they are all on the same account. Instead of taking 5 minutes, it will probably take 10 or 15 mins each time you want to kick off all your allies. Also, any plat they get from nightly reward, couldn't be used by your main. I would personally not recommend doing it this way and much prefer having the alts all on the same account. But I thought I should mention it for people that can't afford to buy plat.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thanks for adding alternatives to the concept, Doom!

I bought the starter bundle for more inv slots and auction slots on each, but I see your point for people who think spending $100 on a game is ridiculous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts

oh doom best person i know with the answers (my opinion)
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Some more 'money making/saving' tips

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    1. Rather than disabling all the toons xp gain at 12, I would have each toon be at a different level. Then you have weapons and gems of different levels to sell.

2. If you skip the starter bundle and only use plat to buy the extra character slots it would take less plat. 30 plat x 10 alts = 300 plat
    Agree Doom, I did something similar.

@1 I'm using 4 toons, lvl 20 , 26 , 31 and 36 and disabled exp gain for the lvl 20, 26 and 31 toon. Especially lvl 31 'form gems' r moneymakers, there is always a demand for these pvp stones.
    Another benefit of having toons of different lvls is being able to help out other players (guildies/friends) doing missions. With these 4 toons i can help others ranging fr lvl 17 - 36.

@2 Ur right, btw I use free offers to get my plat (takes time but wth abit patience its doable).
    I recommend doing all maps and missions wth all toons, main reason for this is that the allies on map 8+ give the most money for 24 hr jobs.
    (With 4 toons doing 24 hr ally jobs i make roughly 0.5 million every week)
    Get help from friends/guildies to helpu defeat Kriegberg and Harg boss, these bosses can be (too) tough for low lvl toons, or like Kitten mentioned earlier use double dmg bonus weekend.

Money making / saving tips :
    Use allies to get bloodpacks, I use the '2 hr ally jobs' on Marshwood, Willowbrook and Worlmen (5 energy), and shld u decide to buy bloodpacks, buy in ur own guildhall (r cheaper in gh).
    During an event in which new vanity drops do as much missions as possible. collect as much of the new vanity u can get and sell it after event ended. Prices r always rising after the event has ended.
    eg , Doom and myself still have lots of Xmas hats and we plan to sell these (or give away) during next Xmas.
    Consider increasing ur inventory, this way u can keep the stuff u find and sell it at a later time when it is more profitable.
    Finally try 2 do lots of missions (be aware where, what vanity/gems/weapons drops) and dont get too frustrated if u find low valuable stuff but sell lots of this stuff at auction for low prices.
    And do check prices on a regular basis at auction, sometimes u can buy cheap and (re)sell it at a higher price

One final note ; Dont forget the most important rule when playing DL ....

! HAVE FUN !
    Last edited by Phantomas; 07-16-2014 at 07:23 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts

i use the bloodpack allie method those maps you mention and downtown also which is (3 energy)i get at least 18 packs back times by 4 though
    Using Tapatalk

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mezderak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomas View Post
    One final note ; Dont forget the most important rule when playing DL ....

! HAVE FUN !
    Exactly...it is supposed to be fun. While I like giving people ideas of different ways they can make gold in DL to hopefully enjoy their time in there more....I hope that people will still actually play the game...i.e. kill stuff whether it be in missions or each other in pvp. Cuz DL will get really boring if all anyone does is kick off allies and go shopping.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

24. The Following User Says Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I almost quit due to boredom until i started working for EOE15. (shameless plug)

I found I really get enjoyment helping newer players and sponsoring events for the guild.

I'm also still striving to obtain enough wealth to get some items that used to be out of my reach.

Of course, I'm still hammering away at maps trying to find items that have eluded me these past two years.