Thread: This needs to be tweaked...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default This needs to be tweaked...

Hello,

I felt like coming back to PL after a 3 month break. Yesterday I emailed support a request and they replied in 40 minutes saying no (which was fantastic). However, I replied to the case and said 'Alright, thanks for your effort Brandon,' and guess what, they 'blocked' me so a request I sent today got resolved automatically. I don't appreciate this lol So support, you think every post after your 'no' statement is another argument from the customer? If it is an automated system, I suggest that you re-read what the automated system read to make sure you don't wrong customers.

Don't be SO sensitive towards a talkative customer debating a case and block them from sending more cases right away because if you were them, I'm sure you would add another statement if a support agent said 'we don't need your permission' or 'our decision is final,' but offered NO explanation to WHY the decision is final whatsoever. This leaves MANY customers upset and helpless because they feel like they have been wronged but they are the ones who are right! They NEED a definitive explanation to why the decision is final and rebuttals to express their points that have not been expressed.

I also feel like banned people or scammed/hacked people need a second chance. Seriously. How many people have lost their accounts due to website scamming? How many people have been banned but not replied to for years? If you give them a second chance, watch them cherish it, and value it! A permanent ban or an account scam with no appeal rights is outright too harsh. How would you feel if you were banned forever, and cannot explain a THING? Let alone being account scammed and having to watch/think about the scammer impersonate and haunt you for another few years?

Frankly, from the point of view of a customer, most of us feel left in the dark when being blocked by STS and cannot testify when we have a burning desire to do so. You do not know how much you are tormenting your customers by not answering them. We, customers, do NOT know what your interface looks like, how much effort you put into investigating, and how you come up with explanation-less but 'surely true' verdicts.

I know it is silly to critically critique support for a GAME, but this relates to real-life courtesy. Do you care about your customers? Would you do this to them when meeting them in real life?

Sorry for the criticalness, but I feel like this is the only way to show STS how CUSTOMERS feel as opposed to devs. Please consider making these changes. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Permanant bans are permanant. There definately should not be a second chance.

Edit: Also imagine if you had a job all day and you had to deal with people talking back to you/ making sarcastic comments. To me that would get very frustrating and would make me want to block those people. I've always been very respectful no matter what the outcome of my support tickets and have never been blocked because of that.
    Last edited by zappaxe; 07-15-2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Added some more

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zappaxe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I see. Sure it will be annoying so STS should tell their customers that they are busy and cannot get to them, instead of saying that their decision is final and will not be debated on, which makes them seem ignorant. I hope you understand what I'm saying. Keep in mind that everyone makes mistakes, which happens a lot in games considering people are in 'gaming mode' and don't re-think their actions nearly as much as in real life.

Would you be more likely to give away your account details from a game to a scam website.
    Or your credit card in real life.
    Last edited by mountains; 07-15-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

A perma ban is non negotiable. They aren't being ignorant, they are following the rules that they put in place to make their games a more enjoyable experience for others

Quote Originally Posted by mountains View Post
    Would you be more likely to give away your account details from a game to a scam website.
    Or your credit card in real life.
    I don't really understand the comparison. I would never give out any personal information. Also giving away personal information is strictly forbidden by stg.

Myth- warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't fully understand how you say bans aren't negotiable and STG is making it more "enjoyable experience" by ignoring people, because it clearly says on their support website that you CAN appeal to bans. That's what many people did and guess what, STG ended up ignoring them.

Also, what you said about the comparison, maybe it's just you who is smarter than the vast majority, but I'm sure there are many, many more dumber people on earth who don't re-think their actions.

I guess they should change the rules?

EDIT: Here's the link to the support page about bans.
    http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...e-been-banned-
    Last edited by mountains; 07-15-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

"At Spacetime Studios we strive to keep our games a safe and fun environment for everyone. Unfortunately this means that we have rules and we strictly enforce them."

Pretty much sums up what I said earlier. Also regarding the appeal, you sent your appeal and they rejected it correct? Just because you appeal doesn't mean they will remove the ban, it just means they will review your case and decide if it was deserving of a ban.

Myth- warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Just going to say that when you click the PLAY button, under the play button is a line that says
    "By clicking Play, you agree with the Pocket Legends Terms of Service"

Meaning if you break the rules, STS may close that account

Permanent bans are none negotiable (sorry)

STS staff will Never ask a player for their account information, if anyone says they work for STS and does not have a red/green name, they are Lying and are trying to steal your account
    Last edited by Schnitzel; 07-16-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ok. One last question. My account isn't banned right now, and I've sent them a name recovery request. They allowed one rebuttal (which I didn't know) and they said the final answer was no. I said 'thanks for your effort Brandon,' and they seemed to block me, which was not the case before I thanked them. Why would they block me for saying that? Even I would think it's awkward to not thank them for investigating.

Enlighten me?

EDIT: I thought I had more than one rebuttal (since the case said 'pending,' after the dev reply), so I said thanks. I wouldn't have gotten myself blocked if I knew that would happen.

EDIT 2: I sincerely apologize for all this ranting but the reason I think some bans be negotiable is because my great friend has been wrongly accused of account scamming and got banned, TWICE (once on first account and once on second), which I know for a FACT is not true, and that isn't arguable. I'm pretty sure STS didn't investigate enough before placing the ban.
    Last edited by mountains; 07-16-2014 at 02:33 PM.