Thread: The Ultimate Quest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Unhappy The Ultimate Quest

Ok, the Gus Gusman thread gave me an idea.

This is the Ultimate Quest. It has a randomly spawning NPC (since Cinco seems to be fond of randomly spawning things). You have to finish all quests before you even have a chance of seeing this NPC. And if a new quest comes out before you found this NPC, you have to finish the new quests before you'll be able to find him. This includes all cyber quests!

The NPC can spawn randomly ANYWHERE in the game. Dungeon, town, even passages between towns. Even Vyx's lair. This would give people a reason to explore again, even low level areas that they completed. And the devs can have fun adding little surprise nooks for us to discover. Like Vyx, you'd have to explore every nook and cranny or you might miss him.

You could be very lucky and find him just going about your game playing like you always do. Or you might spend months searching for him and never find him. But it's up to you to decide how much time you want to invest looking for him.

Only one person should be able to see him at a time, and not be able to invite anyone to grab him. Even if you're with a team, only one person can see him. But to make sure you don't miss him, it should be incredibly obvious that he's in the room with you -- I'd perhaps even go as far as saying words should flash on the screen in bold red letting you know he's there. Bc he's so rare and random, it would be awful to miss him because your back was to him.

As for the quest itself, I haven't thought that far.

But the reward should be one piece of equipment -- I'm thinking an awesome-looking weapon that starts at the same level you are and levels with you. Basically, if you complete the quest, you should never need another weapon like that (ie. Be it sword, staff, bow, blaster, wand, etc) for your entire PL life for that character. The weapon levels with the character and is always beter than any other loot of that level.
    The catch is, you can't trade it or even stash it. The item is locked to the character that did the quest. So you HAVE to play with the character you want it for (not like the cyber quests that we all kind of exploited by doing the quest for other characters.)

Feel free to add anything, and I'll edit if I think of anything else.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Lesrider; 01-11-2011 at 10:11 PM.