Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What comes next? New Mythic Armor & Helm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default What comes next? New Mythic Armor & Helm?

With this new event, because the ancient druid and living spirit armor and helms are dropping from locked crates and not just from the event chests, there is a huge surplus of them, and the prices have dropped to the point that even the best versions can be had for only a few thousand gold each.

This presents a problem as everyone will suddenly have the same exact gear, and there is no better helm and armor to even work for.

I think the next event/itemization update must be a new mythic helm and/or armor. But instead of them being looted from locked crates, how about finally giving these items from some major quest. Add them to the dragkins tooth vendor for 500 teeth each. Or make a new event where you get them for reaching gold tier -- but in that case make gold tier harder than it is this event where just about anyone can get there easy in a few days. Offer us these great items, but make us really work for them.

This is my suggestion for the next event/update.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree too much! I think sts should do a one time thing where these mythics and arcanes are accessible to any player, but only the select few that work their BUTT off! of course this would only be a one time thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

+1 to suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts

An excellent suggestion! This season is done for various reasons if Energizeric suggestion isn't implemented. We've already run Elites with old mythic gears /new legendary to the point where no one buys the elite loot. New helms are good for what? Pvp and faster elite times for leaderboard? I have always stated with the release of better event gears, that should only be used as a stepping stone to allow poor players to start elite farming. New elite loot needs to be released shortly after these events to gather interest in them again. As it is, I'm only running elites to burn gold? Why would anyone do that xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

What I get from this is fairly contradictory. From one standpoint the view is that everyone will be in same gear due to a flood of surplus. Well correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't simply giving myth sets away for completing a quest line or reaching tier be accomplishing the exact same thing? Everyone will be full myth. Then what?
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    What I get from this is fairly contradictory. From one standpoint the view is that everyone will be in same gear due to a flood of surplus. Well correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't simply giving myth sets away for completing a quest line or reaching tier be accomplishing the exact same thing? Everyone will be full myth. Then what?
    Make the questline very intricate so that completion will require more dedication than just killing x amount of baddies.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

The oppertunity must VERY VERY EXTREMLY HARD to achieve, and there should be no lvl exploit or glitches of any sort. It should not be easier for twinks to complete, nor should it be more of an advantage for more wealthy players. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER should be on an equal playing field where gold, plat, and level do not present an advantage.
    "Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." - Japanese Proverb
    IGN: Pureloot

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azemen For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Even if sts decide to make new myth gear u rly think they will put em into event tier or for tokens? They want profit so we will see em only in some plat version drop...as always

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If any of you remember the ichor quest in Pocket Legends, then you know what I have in mind. It was like farming for dragkins teeth, but you needed 500 of them, and you had only one month to finish before the dungeon was gone. Most players were unable to complete it, but many did. The reward was an elite weapon, which in Pocket Legends is the highest color rarity, kind of like arcane is in AL.

In addition to the reward for completing the quest, to keep players interested they also made a super rare drop from the dungeon boss -- you could loot a black dragon helm or armor -- a total of 6 different pieces were possible (helm/armor x 3 classes). I ran the dungeon about 1500 times to get my 500 ichors, and in that time I also looted 2 black dragon items.

So how would that kind of idea translate over to AL?

It could be like this:

1) 1 month long event like Ursoth's Assault.

2) Have a dungeon with a few mobs like the dungeon during the goblin event, where all the mobs must be cleared before the boss spawns.

3) the prizes for bronze/silver/gold tier would similar to the Ursoth's Assault event. Nice items, but nothing super.

4) make it so that the number of tokens earned from each boss are 1,2,3 or 4 depending on which boss, not 8,12,17 or 23 like Ursoth's Assault event.

5) Have various items available from the token vendor, but at the top of the list mythic armor & helm available for 1000 tokens each.

6) This means you will have to run the dungeon 300+ times to get a mythic item, or 600+ times to get a full armor/helm set. In 30 days you will only get 90 free energy points. That means you will need another 500+ energy points. So either you can farm for energy points and spend tons of time doing that, or you can buy energy kits from either the auction or from the plat store.

7) If you did not want to farm energy points and wanted to just buy energy kits for gold, then 12k per kit x 500 kits = 6m gold. That plus all the time it takes to run the dungeon 600+ times means a full mythic set would probably be worth 10m+.

8) You would be able to farm as many mythic armors/helms as you want, and they would be tradable so you can sell to someone else.

9) After the event is over, these become discontinued just like the mythic weapons.

10) As a perk to keep everyone interested, very rarely a new arcane pet egg will drop from the hardest event boss. This pet egg will also be given to the top 10 in each class on the event leaderboard.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Anyone remeber the Cyber Quest from PL? Back in the day they were awesome and anyone could have it but the quest alone takes days to complete and months for the lazy guys.
    Last edited by Back; 07-09-2014 at 01:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

True to that!!! I bought the ancient potency for like 300-400k and they cost like 60k now and +1 to your pointing out how everyone will have same armor and helms now!! Entangled chests dropped too much of ancients. Its too late to fix now hope they bring something better armor or helm now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Anyone remeber the Cyber Quest from PL? Back in the day they were awesome and anyone could have it but the quest alone takes days to complete and months for the lazy guys.
    Yes, those were really tough quests. Remember the frozen quest? That quest was the last one I ever did and took months to complete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Mythic amulets please, the current ones are very cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I like the idea of seasonal mythics/arcane/vanity/banners

Instead of a long event why not make it an seasonal event were it comes up rarely... I feel like everyone has all the same stuff. like the new SnS pet now that's what I mean for seasonal only get such a rare pet on events

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

There's 1 problem though with a quest after a while everyone also uses the exact same armor and helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

It would be too repetitive. Lots found the ichor quests boring because it was the same crap over and over again. It may be a challenge, but its not interesting - just too long to do.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I like the idea of allowing players to get some good gear without popping crates but is hours and hours of grinding the answer? It would be better as a drop from a boss. That way casual players still have chance at receiving the item. Of course the more you play the better your chance. If you add an item that takes hours(days?) of game play to get and is limited to one month availability you will have the working class players a little bit tiffed. Who has hours and hours to play everyday. Even the way this current event is set up it demands a couple hours of game play a day. I don't want to see anymore time added at this point and I don't think my wife does either

The new problem is the lack of loot in the elites. Add something new and good to elites. Keep events running in a similar fashion but make the best gear drop from elite maps.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

My only problem with new gear is over saturation. We have so much gear in circulation and only a limited amount is of value or even wanted. I'd rather see a way to upgrade any gear to mythic status/stats via item collection/quests or some clever mechanism like rare item/essence drop/crafting. You could keep the look but have the stats of new mythic. I just don't see the point of Commons ands rare tier gear when it just gets liquidated other than diluting loot drops. It is a waste of dev resources. An upgrade system or over haul of Gear system would fix that but this is a discussion for another thread.

I look forward to another event that encourages farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Example for a questline if i understand you correctly:
    1. Find all of the elite 4 in 6 hours or less
    2. Collect all essences from Barrels arou... (NOOOO PLIZ JUST NOO)
    3. Kill rendtal wearing Common/rare gear
    4. Be totally fricking awesome
    5. Buy a "dragons flying fish magnet" for 300 dragon teeth
    6.craft your mythic helm using a vanity you buy from sir spendalot
    7. You are Done
    (I did not write this seriously, but i for real think that the "craft mythic helm from sir spendalots vanity" idea is good)
    Also, yeah i want new mythic...