Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Read my post before replying. If the reward is non tradable which means can't be sold, how is it not a gold sink? How is it gold circulation?
    Gold sink: I spend ingame currency to buy a item. This spent gold does not go from my stash to another players stash but magically disappears from the game system.

Examples: pots, gold vanities.

Gold circulation: i buy or sell a item for a certain amount of gold. If i am buyin my gold moves from my inventory to another player's own. If i am sellin gold moves from another player's into my inventory.

Example: Cs, Trades.

As for untradeable primary rewards that is a no go. Majority of contest runners go through the stress in order to win and sell the rewards. Even those that partecipate and have intention to keep their rewards would also like to have available a option that guarantees them to sell them in case of second thoughts.
    Add all this together and you will understand making the primary rewards untradeable might drastically decrease the partecipants for the contest and consequently the revenue for the game developers.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 07-24-2014 at 02:20 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Examples: pots, gold vanities

As for untradeable primary rewards that is a no go. Majority of contest runners go through the stress in order to win and sell the rewards. Even those that partecipate and have intention to keep their rewards would also like to have available a option that guarantees them to sell them in case of second thoughts.
    Add all this together and you will understand making the primary rewards untradeable might drastically decrease the partecipants for the contest and consequently the revenue for the game developers.
    If reward is good when its tradable what's your idea to make gold sink happen??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I believe you are wrong here. The majority of the contest runners we have SEEN are this way. Because they want that big pay day. They will fork out 50m (or someone else will for them). This in effect eliminated a HUUUUUGE portion of the population. Without the pay day, those bank rollers will not buy leader board wins. Instead, second and third tier players can compete at a more reasonable level for a very unique item.

Eliminating 50m from 20 people is a better gold sink than eliminating 50 from 1 (which will never happen anyway). Unfortunately, if sts cares about fixing this economy, they are going to have to bear the brunt of it. The players aren't going to do it (and shouldn't)

It's even possible that they could be made tradable in the future. After the dust has settled and the economy has adjusted. It doesn't have to be set in stone that they are forever untradable. Only thing is, it has to be an unknown, or people will expect it.
    Last edited by Rare; 07-24-2014 at 11:09 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantus View Post
    I can say with 100% certainty that the first and biggest step to change things needs to be to eliminate the platinum to gold conversion. Without this all efforts to deflate the economy are futile. Step two is removing gold drops in locked. Step three is a major gold sink and increasing gold rewards for daily quests. If these things are done i can foresee a future for al economy.
    If you remove the gold rewards from locked crates, then what would you replace them with? Remember that STS is not going to do anything that will decrease the demand to open locked crates. Before the gold rewards there was a legendary item in every crate, and the results were terrible for the economy as it drove down prices of all legendary items including the ones you could farm from elite dungeons.

I'm not saying there are no alternatives, but remember that gold rewards are the majority of what you loot from locked. So you need to replace those items with something that will not have other adverse affects on the economy. Right now if a player opens 100 locked crates, he gets 300 items (3 items per crate), and about 200+ of those 300 items are gold rewards. If you were the player opening 100 crates, what would you want those 200+ items to be instead of gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    If you remove the gold rewards from locked crates, then what would you replace them with? Remember that STS is not going to do anything that will decrease the demand to open locked crates. Before the gold rewards there was a legendary item in every crate, and the results were terrible for the economy as it drove down prices of all legendary items including the ones you could farm from elite dungeons.

I'm not saying there are no alternatives, but remember that gold rewards are the majority of what you loot from locked. So you need to replace those items with something that will not have other adverse affects on the economy. Right now if a player opens 100 locked crates, he gets 300 items (3 items per crate), and about 200+ of those 300 items are gold rewards. If you were the player opening 100 crates, what would you want those 200+ items to be instead of gold?
    Elixirs

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Plat

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

One of the reasons why I play PL is because of this exact reason.

I tried AL and it's honestly so difficult to get the best equipment. All I want to do is PvP but you can't win without having the top notch gear. People price things way too high and it drives you away from the game.

I quit when I realized getting the gold for certain items was nearly impossible for me. I can't spend hours on end farming/merching equipment. That takes the fun out of the actual game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    If reward is good when its tradable what's your idea to make gold sink happen??
    I don't care anymore about AL's economy. I ve said and discuss enough about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Law of "Supply and Demand".

There are only few Arcane Rings in the game so why sell low?

Shady and Surge's Egg is limited pet so why sell low? (Knowing that those who earned it spent lots of gold too, so why?)

Samael Egg reached lowest 15-16M before cause lots got in crates. And now it range 25-28M cause only few got it in crates.

Singe Egg now is 10-12M in price, while before it was like 30-35M and maybe some realized that it is not worth the price. :P

Just come and think of it, it is "Supply and Demand" really manipulating the economy of AL. And yeah, I agreed that rich getting richer. Why? Its simple, rich can even manipulate the law of supply and demand by hoarding stuffs and sell it in high prices.

The only way I think that can minimize the inflation is to sink gold and do some ingredients thing buyable from npc. Like the condense essence before for upgraded mythic armor. Something that no one can really hide from buying it!

And also, I agreed about the consumable drop from crates like elixirs or legendary pets instead of putting gears on it that twinks can take advantage by opening crates and sell low level gears. Gears should be farmable really, im talking based on my experiences as a gamer. Farmable or maybe created by buying ingredients in npc or can be looted too. And to be honest, those who already have 100M above golds also have their toon geared up already and they dont know what to do with them golds now. Stock in stash or stock also in other toons. Missed the old days in Season 3 which everyone enjoying the elites :P

One more thing, too many locked crates in market. So easy to get rich in game if everyone just have credit card to use. And sadly, again, even rich in real life only can get rich fast in game too :P

I regretted the idea of Leprechaun pendant really. That made the economy crap a bit.

Peace everyone!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=104188&dateline=14070  59351

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    One of the reasons why I play PL is because of this exact reason.

I tried AL and it's honestly so difficult to get the best equipment. All I want to do is PvP but you can't win without having the top notch gear. People price things way too high and it drives you away from the game.

I quit when I realized getting the gold for certain items was nearly impossible for me. I can't spend hours on end farming/merching equipment. That takes the fun out of the actual game.
    Agreed. Took me 2 seasons of farming and merching to get over 150mil and now I can finally play the actual game but it's taken all the fun away. If I have to do this next season what's the point?

Sts needs to make new maps and bosses that drop items worth actually farming like bael 2 and krunch 2 last season.

Other than that this game is almost impossible for non-plat buyers you can't pvp without having the best gear and strong guild.

Soon more people will start twink pvp because it's allot cheaper and the gear last forever whereas endgame you need to buy new gear every season to compete.

**The #1 thing sts needs to do is make pve more fun again because right now km3 is the only thing people want to farm. Elite is a waste of time without full mythic/arcane team.

My suggestion is to update the arena with harder bosses that require skill to kill not gear. Add new loot like a special vanities or gems that drop from these bosses... Something interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

25-30mil for myth bow is disgusting. Makes me so mad that it's so good yet so inaccessible. ;-; I blame High myth weapon prices on STS for nerfing elondrian locks myth drop rate during the plat sale.

Yes it was nerfed during plat sale.

First week of event I saw rogues open elon locks and get new myth bow on the 1-5 try.

Then these 2 officers of my guild opened around 600 elon locks together (each opened 300). And in their combined loot all they got was a bulwark.

I don't understand why they thought having extra myth weapons in the game would be so bad. It wouldn't have driven up the price, More people would have been able to obtain myths. Everyone would've been happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    I believe you are wrong here. The majority of the contest runners we have SEEN are this way. Because they want that big pay day. They will fork out 50m (or someone else will for them). This in effect eliminated a HUUUUUGE portion of the population. Without the pay day, those bank rollers will not buy leader board wins. Instead, second and third tier players can compete at a more reasonable level for a very unique item.

Eliminating 50m from 20 people is a better gold sink than eliminating 50 from 1 (which will never happen anyway). Unfortunately, if sts cares about fixing this economy, they are going to have to bear the brunt of it. The players aren't going to do it (and shouldn't)

It's even possible that they could be made tradable in the future. After the dust has settled and the economy has adjusted. It doesn't have to be set in stone that they are forever untradable. Only thing is, it has to be an unknown, or people will expect it.
    Rare if you want a contest with a five star and 2 huge b*lls, where second and third tier players can partecipate then the contest must be plat/gold independent. Thats the only way everyone can partecipate and thats the only time true competition will emerge with the toughest winner of all time.
    With untradeable rewards you are just cutting off a part of serious(gold/plat) partecipants (revenue) who run to sell the rewards and completely dissuading all the third and second tier players.

What makes you think when they could win a 50m prize the third and second players tier didnt partecipate but now their prizes are even worthless they will gladly do? O.o

please dont answer i dont really care even about LB contests. Much has been said (too much) and sts knows the right things to do. It is up to them to see if they are ready to make better events in exchange of less revenue.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 07-24-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

When the Real 'Love' or original Love was in the game. Think about it, price were fairly affordable, and it's safe to say Love was one of the best merchers. He kept prices from goin haywire.

Just saying my thank to the old Love. Sorry you got banned ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Rare if you want a contest with a five star and 2 huge b*lls, where second and third tier players can partecipate then the contest must be plat/gold independent. Thats the only way everyone can partecipate and thats the only time true competition will emerge with the toughest winner of all time.
    With untradeable rewards you are just cutting off a part of serious(gold/plat) partecipants (revenue) who run to sell the rewards and completely dissuading all the third and second tier players.

What makes you think when they could win a 50m prize the third and second players tier didnt partecipate but now their prizes are even worthless they will gladly do? O.o

please dont answer i dont care.
    Well, this thread is about fixing the economy. And as I said in a previous post, the two are mutually exclusive. STS can host competitions that can help clean up the economy a little. That can serve as gold sinks. But they can't do it if they are going to thirst for plat sales. Because, you're right, if people are going to spend plat, they will expect some return on their money. I don't see people spending 1000s of plat for a vanity. However, millions and millions of gold, that they WILL spend for vanity. But again, STS is going to have to suck it up. If, in fact, they care that things are the way they are.

The definition of "worthless" is subjective. I wonder. How much would people pay to get their hands on one of those brown heraldic vanities that were given out during the video competition. How many people forked over 10m to get the gold vanities? Think about it a little more. Unlike some, I'm not saying you, they game is ALL about goldgoldgold. Some people actually want to play to have fun. For competition. At the same time, they aren't going to even attempt a competition where the possible cost is in the 30+ million range.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    When the Real 'Love' or original Love was in the game. Think about it, price were fairly affordable, and it's safe to say Love was one of the best merchers. He kept prices from goin haywire.

Just saying my thank to the old Love. Sorry you got banned ._.
    Price had little to do with love. This is about the 10th time I've read this. I have lots of other friends in game that have quit. Maybe its because of them? You make it sound like one person controlled the entire economy. Simply not true.

No, the enormous absurd prices right now are in fact due to inflation. Consider this. A person can try selling a ring for 130m. If nobody is going to buy.. what happens? If someone is selling a ring for 130m and 5 people want it... what happens?
    Last edited by Rare; 07-24-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Well, this thread is about fixing the economy. And as I said in a previous post, the two are mutually exclusive. STS can host competitions that can help clean up the economy a little. That can serve as gold sinks. But they can't do it if they are going to thirst for plat sales. Because, you're right, if people are going to spend plat, they will expect some return on their money. I don't see people spending 1000s of plat for a vanity. However, millions and millions of gold, that they WILL spend on. But again, STS is going to have to suck it up. If, in fact, they care that things are the way they are.

Your definition of "worthless" is obviously not the same as everyone. I wonder. How much would people pay to get their hands on one of those brown heraldic vanities that were given out during the video competition. How many people forked over 10m to get the gold vanities? Think about it a little more. Unlike some, I'm not saying you, they game is ALL about goldgoldgold. Some people actually want to play to have fun. For competition. At the same time, they aren't going to even attempt a competition where the possible cost is in the 30+ million range.

Price had very little to do with love. This is about the 10th time I've read this. I have lots of other friends in game that have quit. Maybe its because of them? You make it sound like one person controlled the entire economy. Simply not true.

No, the enormous absurd prices right nwo are in fact due to inflation. Consider this. A person can try selling a ring for 130m. If nobody is going to buy.. what happens? If someone is selling a ring for 130m and 5 people want it... what happens?
    If you can't sell it, its worthless and yes i pretty much agree with the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

If you can't sell it, its worthless and yes i pretty much agree with the rest.
    Worth means more than just "gold". I'm guessing my Jester vanity is worth a lot more to me than it is to others. And I have no intention of selling it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Worth means more than just "gold". I'm guessing my Jester vanity is worth a lot more to me than it is to others. And I have no intention of selling it.
    Are we talkin about gold and economy or affection and emotional values.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Are we talkin about gold and economy or affection and emotional values.
    Doesn't matter does it? People pay for both. The spending of the gold is what matters. The contest/prize is just a means to an end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Just my thought here - but there really is nothing else to spend gold on in this game other than gear (or pets). So those who make millions need somewhere to spend it. People know there is that player with millions to spend and he/she will buy said item for way more then it's really worth. I guess I'm just used to playing MMOs where there are other things to spend your gold on so nothing is seriously overpriced or out the the reach of the 'average' player who has an actual life. Prices are stable and they don't change by millions in a short amount of time. I've given up playing AL and trying to get even decent gear to compete with - for the player that has a life and not endless time to farm/merch - its not fun anymore. Not that farming and merching to get the gold is all that much fun either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

1. NPC who sells all items of real value (eggs and gear) for plat. Both are stashable but not tradeable.

2. Loot drops from bosses a different set of gear (think Liv Spirit from NPC, Ancient Druid from drops.)

3. NPC who sells tradeable vanities and other items for Gold only. Prices should reflect a fair market value. Items should change frequently and be a wide variety of items - some low level items might be duplicates of plat only stuff.

4. As mentioned above - change the arena, vary the bosses on existing maps, change it up. If STS can't sub 5 bosses in the arena quickly then their programmers need to make the code more efficient.

5. FIX PVP: epic gear only rooms with say legendary pets would be full. I remember reading hoe much fun the PVP community had with Delphina's epic PVP Tournament.

Just 5 things that would make the game more interesting for me and I think allow new players to spend and stay without being overwhelmed at seeing a pic of a fourmer with 3 S&S in his stash and quitting on the spot.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana