Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Did You Like Ursoth's Assault? | Official Feedback Thread

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Default How Did You Like Ursoth's Assault? | Official Feedback Thread

Name:  Ursoth-Last-Day.jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  308.2 KB

Ursoth's Assault has come to an end! We hope you all enjoyed it. What did you think? What were the best and worst parts? What would you like to see next event that we didn't include this time around? This is the place to let loose and give us your feedback, but please...keep it constructive.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Fun event, maybe should've had a couple of story token weapons, s&s are way to op the difference between rich and poor is becoming bigger and bigger. Saying that dovabear also is to op my scorch and ripmaw instantly became useless so that's also a dissapointing thing. No complains about helena here it's fun to finally get a challenge.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Hmm. I liked it for the first day or so, then it was just me making profit haha. Wish you could add more maps and have better boss drop loot. Good event nonetheless, but please try to make it like Tarlok's next time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Expected more items available at the vendor like there was during the Goblin Event and the Tarlok Event. I spent all my tokens on Entangled Chests and crafted them to Spirits instead. Didn't even bother wasting any of them on the vanities.

Boss drops could have been improved especially for HELLena. Overall it was an okay event, but got bored pretty quick.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Helena bad, Europhex good!
    Bosses with too much health eliminate the fun factor, and introduce the leave factor, or heavy potion spam factor.
    Otherwords, good event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Great event. For having an energy meter it was set up well. Farming essences allowed free players to make alot of gold and gold tier was possible with free energy unlike goblin event. I had alot of fun and made a great profit off this event.

Only complaints I have are Helena being too long of a fight for no reward and new leprechaun/jack amulets not having different color effects. Other than that it was an amazing event and comparable to tarlok one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Great event. I liked this longer time period than the shorter one of the goblin event. The goblin event felt like that was what you had to do for the entire time period. The Ursoth event seemed like you could think about it a bit more.

Having various ways of obtaining energy was good - Loved that you could buy energy or make energy or have it drop on you. I think there was even a good mix of rewards. I still find some items for some of my toons to use. Lots of people are using the bears and the vanities.

Helena was amazing actually, though yeah, maybe a bit better reward for her. She made a great gatekeeper - once you figured her out, she was easy-ish, but devilishly hard if you did not or if you had her scaled to a higher level or had an incompetent team. Since she did not drop anything interesting, when I was strictly farming, I would just skip her.

My biggest gripe would be random game (PUG) player levels. In a specific party, players can have just a 3-level spread. Often, in a PUG, I saw up to a 9-level spread. That is just way too difficult, especially when the high levels are under-equipped warriors who die constantly, then leave. When the lowly mage is surviving better than 3 warriors, there is an issue. Yes, you can reset the boss, but many people did not realize that or found it difficult to give up on a 1/2-killed boss.

As I became more focused on getting to gold tier, I created exclusive parties or solo'd rather than waste time in PUGs. What was initially amusing becomes a time waster when one wants to go fast.

Overall, I liked the Ursoth event a lot.

Star light, star bright...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

In my Opinion the Event was not so good becouse Helena was to op :/ it wasnt fun to fight against her and many Players left the map when Helena spawned, so I lost many energy points :/
    And that S&S were just for Lb Winner were bad too becouse normal Player have no Chance to get it -.-
    For the more the loot of the Golden Spirit Chets were very. bad too i maybe opened 50 and didnt got anything good:/
    So for Non Platin User there was a very low Chance to get mythic.
    And i dont liked the energy and Tire System, the System at Tarloks Event was mutch better!!!

But there were good things too like Dovabaer , the new Life Shards and the new armors with were good and not too expencive.

All in All i wish for the Future a Event like Tarlok it was the best Event
    Last edited by Bomm; 07-22-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I prefer the tarlok event like last year.. the elondrian chest should have higher chance of dropping better gears... ().()

IGN: Passcode(W), Iimits(R), Rubrix(M)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ennex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

You guys (STS) need to know the difference between a "challenge" and a "time waster". Helena was a complete "time waster"; there was no need to have that much health. Lots of players would just leave the map as soon as they saw her. The worst thing was you didn't even do anything to change her like you didn't give a damn. She didn't even drop anything good and spawned more than Ursoth. It was like a "finger" to our faces.

There was a lot of unnecessary stuns and ways of getting stuck. Even when you had the elondrian ward, it was so lame. I just wanted to put my tablet down or close the game, why don't you want us to play?

The elondrian locks were a complete scam. There was no guaranteed "2x chance" roll, it was random. Well played!

What I did like about the event was the option to craft energy and spirit chests even how terrible the odds were of looting the new mythic, the other rewards such as gold, energy and tokens was nice.

3/10 is my score for the Ursoth Event.
    Hi, this is my signature:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Allocate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I loved it. As my first big event I played (I took a hiatus and missed tarlok event -_-) it brought a whole new side of the game to me and made me realize that I can keep up with the elite level players. I made so much money off the event it's insane. Helena wasn't even that bad after u figured her out. The only thing I didn't like was the spirit chests. They were a complete waste of time with absolutely no chance for the new myths. Great event please keep it up and bring back tarlok in the winter how it was so I can experience it lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Too many dovabear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I would say that events items should be more. We need variety of things to buy, more armours, vanity's etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Expected more items available at the vendor like there was during the Goblin Event and the Tarlok Event. I spent all my tokens on Entangled Chests and crafted them to Spirits instead. Didn't even bother wasting any of them on the vanities.

Boss drops could have been improved especially for HELLena. Overall it was an okay event, but got bored pretty quick.
    I see what you did there...

I found it interesting however I think the largest disappointments would have to be Helena and the Spirit Chests,
    Helena, well..their enough complaints on the forum to understand what I mean...
    And Spirit Chests? At least make their chance for dropping the Mythic near on par with locks, also eliminate drops like 10 tokens or 2k gold because honestly no one wants to spend 90 tokens on Entangled's just to loot 10 tokens themselves .-.
    Last edited by SacredKnight; 07-22-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

everyone dies a hundred times on Helena than Ursoth, but still challenging & fun for us, can we get a DEATHMONGER titles, joke

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by shaomau; 07-22-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

This event was good but giving dovabear out for free was a bad idea. A free legendary pet should never have stats similar to arcanes. This pet caused hammerjaw to decrease around 5mil.

I think dovabear should have costed 1000 tokens to buy and little bear should have been given out at gold tier.

Also add more maps next time please. Fighting the same 2 bosses (Helena and ursoth) for 3 weeks gets boring.

**please think about this too- it's not fair for an arcane pet to be rewarded to rich people with no life's that have time to farm portals 24/7. Next time please make the pet available to everyone- it can still be rewarded to people on lbs but maybe in the last week add it to locked crates so other people can get it. **

Currently only people with 100m+ can get this pet. Now the rest of us have to wait until next year for it to come back cheaper? I tried not to complain about it but now that I see how op this pet is it's just not fair.. Please don't do this again Ty

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I think that my major issue lies in that the gold tier was too easy to reach, so literally everyone could get to dovabear. IMO this pet shouldnt be so easily obtainable, and twice the effort should be put by players to get it.

I did not like the fact that despite having hundreds of tokens i couldnt buy little bear egg for my alts, nor could i transfer my crafted energies. The choice on what i could spend my tokens was very limited, and it became very quickly obvious that when one had reached the gold tier his desire to take further part in the event is going to diminish. A simple solution would be to make the egg available, but 2x or 3x as expensive in tokens to motivate us to go on.

New gear made magma gear totally useless, so i see little point if any to waste time hunting for teeth. I also cannot sell my magma at reasonable price now. I bought it for 0.5-1m before the event, but now living spirit.. & druid.. costs 10k and adds to stats just as much. And so, when it comes to armor and hemets pro players wear the same EQ as every noob who is able to throw out up to 40k. Its also a positive though as each player can finally feel a little pro.

I was mesmerised with my luck when opening elo locks. I opened 130-150 and received elondrian bow, elondrian rifle, shuyal, doom & samael. I love u for this StS, and despite my above nit picking comments i am extremely happy.

Nevertheless, when it comes to bosses ursoth was great in design. I enjoyed soloing this monster, predicting his moves and dodging ults. Helena is a slightly different story. She was too easy at low lvls, too hard at mid range, especially considering the high lvl spread that i was facing she often seemed unbeatable. She was perfect for my lvl 41worrior and mage, but only if my party did not consisted of pokemons.

Now, i need to bring up smth that caused me a great deal of displeasure, namely players living the event or those that refuse to help or leave the area and just wait until u kill the boss to take the benefits.

Not like the idea of inviting guild mates or get friends only instead of people randomly joining when the boss is reset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I liked the event quite a bit but can't say I loved it.

I disagree with most and thought the difficulty of Helena was just right, the problem was she had no drops. If she dropped something worth while less people would have quit the map.

As for the quitters all I can say is get a good guild... My 41's had no issue because I have a great guild. My low level alts had a hard time until the last weekend when I paired up with a guildie on our alts. Running as a two person party we were killing Helena in two minutes pretty easily. We wished we had paired up sooner....

Spirit Chests were a bit of a tease, every time I got 10 tokens I wanted to throw my tablet through the wall but I guess I can live with that.

The essence grind was booooring. I think making the event maps more significant with more mobs so you had a chance for essence in the event map would have improved the boredom factor and made me run the event maps a lot more.

Now I am sitting on some event crates debating whether to open or sell. I am not sure what the double odds complaints are all about? I guess you should better define double odds although I think I know what it means others seem to have a different definition.

Fix the ties in the leaderboard. A tie at third should make the next player 5th not 4th. 10th is the only spot where additional winners should be possible although that could be exploited.

Remove the portals from mobs kills, they are unnecessary and annoying, especially in wt4, boulder, and valheim.

Overall 6/10, Tarlok was by far the best event, Ursoth may be a distant second.
    Last edited by Thrindal; 07-22-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hmm.. Only Helena, it's -1. Btw, overall, this is a great event. Ty STS.

-----Sorry for my English-----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This was my 2nd event on game after Goblin invasion. I found it much better than Goblin event. The bosses were a little OP :/ I got too many deaths. Overall I liked the event

Konan