Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Did You Like Ursoth's Assault? | Official Feedback Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Great event. I liked this longer time period than the shorter one of the goblin event. The goblin event felt like that was what you had to do for the entire time period. The Ursoth event seemed like you could think about it a bit more.

Having various ways of obtaining energy was good - Loved that you could buy energy or make energy or have it drop on you. I think there was even a good mix of rewards. I still find some items for some of my toons to use. Lots of people are using the bears and the vanities.

Helena was amazing actually, though yeah, maybe a bit better reward for her. She made a great gatekeeper - once you figured her out, she was easy-ish, but devilishly hard if you did not or if you had her scaled to a higher level or had an incompetent team. Since she did not drop anything interesting, when I was strictly farming, I would just skip her.

My biggest gripe would be random game (PUG) player levels. In a specific party, players can have just a 3-level spread. Often, in a PUG, I saw up to a 9-level spread. That is just way too difficult, especially when the high levels are under-equipped warriors who die constantly, then leave. When the lowly mage is surviving better than 3 warriors, there is an issue. Yes, you can reset the boss, but many people did not realize that or found it difficult to give up on a 1/2-killed boss.

As I became more focused on getting to gold tier, I created exclusive parties or solo'd rather than waste time in PUGs. What was initially amusing becomes a time waster when one wants to go fast.

Overall, I liked the Ursoth event a lot.

Star light, star bright...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post: