Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Did You Like Ursoth's Assault? | Official Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I'd like to have something to look out for, as a farmer. Having to pay real money or gold for energy packs, just so I'm able to run when I want, is not what I signed up for when I started to play AL.

I don't want to sound negative, cause I'm sure a lot of 'energy' has been put in here by STS/G but I can't say that this event made me want to play.

Here's what I always liked about STS/G games.. I log on, talk to some people, get some (end game/elite) farming going on, and hope that by the end of the day we have some decent loot and had fun trying to get it. Generally, there's a lot of plat involved in that too (mostly elixirs).

Nobody's really farming elites anymore and, even if, most of the loot is pretty worthless now too, especially considering prices in game.

That bring me to my question.. What's the purpose of having an end game PvE character at the moment? 'Energy farming', new event bosses (for future events)... It's all a lot easier to do on my low lvl twink which is an order of magnitude cheaper than any of my end game toons.

So yeah, are we going to have energy event after energy event? Or is there something, that someone who likes end-game farming to earn their stuff, can look out for?

I know you guys need to make money. I'm the first to buy plat if there's something I think is worth it, but this event wasn't it for me.

As said, not trying to sound negative, just giving my feedback.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Great event. For having an energy meter it was set up well. Farming essences allowed free players to make alot of gold and gold tier was possible with free energy unlike goblin event. I had alot of fun and made a great profit off this event.
    I agree with this and am going to expand on this:

I was impressed by the elondrian crate system. This was a very well thought out strategy and I commend STS for.

I liked the fact that you could craft spirit chest with a chance at mythics without spending plat.

And I liked the various vanities.
    Last edited by Chaozedong; 07-23-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

On the whole this event was a very positive experience. It brought a lot of players back who had started to grow bored and gave casual players something to get excited about as well as hard core ones.

Helena - There have been a lot of comments about Helena. I have both end game toons and twinks- killing Helena was no issue on my end game toons and even became something of a hilarious love to hate her situation which, at the end of the day was part of the fun of the event.

On my level 12 twink the issues were more apparent and are partially caused by the level bands... it was quite frustrating to enter the map, find Helena, and have at least one person leave immediately if not 2 and in the end have to give up and leave also thus wasting the energy ball. It would be nice to have a good incentive for players to stay in the map... Ursoth hit just as hard for me when playing on a lower level toon however people rarely left when finding him, probably because of the possibility of dropping an egg and the high number of points he gave. Although a lot of low level players running these maps were twinks, it can't have been easy for newcomers to the game thinking they would never progress past silver tier because 4/5 runs had to be abandoned or suffered through whilst being shouted at by higher level players.

Dovabear - Perfect! Finally a great pet which non-plat players can work towards and obtain. I love that this happened and honestly it made a lot of players really happy and motivated them to come back and play to get him. A happy buzzing community is attractive and fun to participate in and of course the more we enjoy it, the more that those of us lucky enough to be able to buy plat will want to invest in the game.

Ward pop-up - I can see why removing the pop up from the initial landing in the map probably isn't going to happen if thats a significant way of generating revenue but I wonder if there is a way for it to at least not appear every time we die? If I say no thanks.... I really do mean no thanks :/

Length of event - The 3 weeks period I'd say was just about right, but for some reason people seemed to lose interest in the event after the first week. It might be interesting to vary the available gear from the vendor over the course of the event, staggering while still capping the amount of tokens we can hold, for example there were thre vanity sets and it might be interesting to have had one vanity set available per week, at 250 tokens, or something similar to this.

I will reiterate that I loved this event, found it very well designed in so many aspects that I can't write a list of them all here but above all, the way that there was something for all types of player.

Thankyou STG!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kjalisi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I enjoyed the event made me want to get on and play. I havent felt that way in the past few weeks do to farming in elite is fustrating and the loot hardly sells. And as for PVP, well im not going to get into that. I made a decent amount of gold running the event. As for mythics let them drop again, dont do what u guys did with last mythic weapons. Only a one time thing, its fustrating when those weapons sky rocket. And players like me that didnt have the luck of getting one have a hard chance to buy one. Dont wait till next expansion to have another fun event. Other than that i have no complaints on the event it was fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Mixed feelings, really. I played, but it frustrated me.

Energy system - if you have to have one, thank you for letting us farm/craft energy. After reaching silver, easily 1/2 to 2/3 of my runs ended with people bailing out. I'm not spending plat or gold on something that is going to waste.

Map - kinda boring. One short dog-leg map for every boss. Snooze. I don't think you want to build multiple maps for a limited event, but maybe something like the first map for wyldwood in PL. Not a total time sink, but not a joke.

Quests - beating ursoth but not completing the quest stinks. I beat him multiple times with four different toons, but only one completed the quest. It also made little sense to me to have one daily that you complete by killing one plant be worth more than the one where you have to get 60 life essences that only appear sporadically.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

1. Easy fight with twink. Next time all player will farmin event with twink lol
    2. Special Vanity only for rouge? warrior and mage want to look cool too, not only rouge
    3. Maximum run 9 hours/day/char, after that no point awarded. Specially for event lb freak, cmon guys you need a rest dont be a zombie, your healthy is #1
    4. Event contest, no need rules nor daily task, just ask ppl to take SS about anything in arlor during event, i think its better than breaking your own rules
    5. Erase portal for normal map
    6. Make event pet available for plat, fair enough for ppl who busy irl and dont have enough time to runnin event
    7. Upgrade crafting slot with story token, we need more than 5 slot to craft crates and energy
    We were born Original, dont die a copy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I thought this event was ok. I liked that you could farm energy essences and thought the crafting time for energy was reasonable.

There were several things that were just meh to me.

1. Helena (of course) huge waste of time did not drop anything good, her 1 shot at 41 would kill you even if you were out of the red. I died more with her than Ursoth. She just wasn't fun. I don't think I would of minded her as much if she dropped something worth my deaths and time like the Spirit Chests and maybe an already complete Elo Shard.

2. Nothing to spend tokens on really, I ended up buying entangled chests to craft which took 12 hours and one of my crafting slots for 2k... If we have craftable chests in the future I'd like to see the time cut down to 8 hours and better loot added.

3. Once you hit gold tier it was just kinda like a lull, you could run for your entangled chest tokens or just skip out.

4. The mob portals.. I did not use one the whole event. There is no point to make them pop up in maps when you can just go to the event area and enter. They are annoying and cause you to waste energy if you are unfortunate enough to click on one in the middle of a fight.

5. I really like the idea of event LB and thought it was fair to give banners, but adding the Arcane was just over doing it. Please stop making arcane items LB prizes. If the point is to get people to spend plat then maybe just make an arcane item an extremely rare drop from the last event boss, gives everyone a chance to get it and people will grind, spending energy.

6. Pugs level match which has been mentioned several times. I stopped running pugs on my twink at 15 because I kept getting put into parties with level 21 toons. It makes no sense to be that much of a difference at that point I am not even helping my pt.

Overall for me the event was a 5/10.

After the event 1/10, now I am just twiddling my thumbs wondering what I can do and farm to make up gold spent on Elockeds since elite gear is pretty much useless.

Maybe in future events something to be taken into consideration should be the after effect and what players are left with.
    Last edited by Raregem; 07-23-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Overall Good event

Pros:
    1. Bear pets
    2. Ursoth
    3. Farmable energy
    4. Point tiers and rewards (maybe add more tiers)

Cons:
    1. Helena - fighting her 5-10 times in a row got really old.
    2. No point in farming portals. I enjoyed tarlok portal system.
    3. Boss drops
    4. Mythic warrior weapon
    5. Guild and friend cooperation was easier with tarlok.
    6. Need more essences from event map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Helena was terrible and sucked all joy from the event. I would like to see the energy system modified. Perhaps when you use energy to enter portal system rolls what boss you face. Then you can re-enter portal until you defeat that boss. It is so frustrating to waste precious energy points only to have everyone leave because they hate the boss. Maybe an option to eat the energy and pass on the boss, for those who wish to avoid "Helena" in the future.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jabu For This Useful Post:

-no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I liked the green everywhere, Ursoth was fun to kill, Hellena had a fun redzone to dodge, Europhex was a fast 12 tokens, Tree guy would make for an awesome dancin stun pet, I regret not reading the npc and questgivers' dialogue; and I have no idea why these bosses tried to invade Arlor but I do know why I farmed them; a profitable event summed up in a run-off sentence :thumbup: I had fun!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kross For This Useful Post:

-no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Best:
    Dovabear - Such a good pet that everyone gets a chance to have
    Elondrian Essences - made a profit from selling/opening some elond lockeds
    Vanities - The vanities are cool and not that hard to obtain, but not that easy too

Worst:
    The LB reward system - should give rewards to exactly 10 players on each class. There should be tie breakers to prevent drama and encourage good competition

Elondrian Spirit Chests - needs 90 tokens, 12 hours to craft, 1 loot, seriously??

What I would like to see in the future:

No more quest abuse.
    No more HELENA-like boss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Lol @ this event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Oh. I was gonna me a thread about new gear and found this. So I will just post here.

1. Hp and armor gears made twinks little boring. If you play twink, you know the endless war happens a lot. And these gears make it worse.
    We need (people like) dmg gear so we can finish faster. So in this aspect, I like tarloks better.
    However I like that it looted all lvl. ( Tarlok was not announced it will be looted 5 lvls anywhere.)

2. Energy system with farmable essence was good idea.
    But having random portals on maps from mobs was pointless.

3. Boss drop was not good which makes farming boring and makes feel wasting time.
    Only thing I could do was buying entangled box, which makes kind of too many gears out.

4. I didn't like Leader boarder rewarding system. It makes people play this game 'unhealthy'.

Overall not bad but little boring.
    Ss contest was only thing we(I and my wife) enjoyed during event.
    (But thank God and my wife for the egg.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Apparently, I am reading the same feedbacks as mine so take them as if it was mine.

I could've said a lot but it's not about the event so I'll save it for later since I am still too far from end game.

Nonetheless, thank you for the event and the new pet Dovabear which is the reason why I farmed essences like a mad man. Rofl!!!

"Weapons are not evil, the user is."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I am.missing Helena so badly.
    the event boss was a challenging.
    and token vendor was not good.
    i was expecting weapons and sellable eggs and a good armour set from.token vendor.
    since many hav not been able to get glaive in goblin event since it was so quick event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,009 Posts

The token vendor needs egg for purchase.

Helena was LOL. Unless you were going for LB there was zero point in killing her.

Ursoth didn't pop enough, one time I burned over 20 energy on Helena repeats, never got a single Ursoth.

Nothing 2 farm in the event really, you put it all in the event crates. Why not put the good pinks off the bosses and leave mythics in the locked?

The locked elondrian crate crafting was LOL. We spent the entire event farming essences, which ended up being OK since the boss had no drops really...

Speaking of drops. Was it a joke to make the old locked crates drop and not the elondrian ones? That was a good giggle STS. Really.

How about those spirit chests? 12 hours of crafting and taking up inventory... and a single freaking item inside? And I think what... 3 people total got a mythic?

Props on the energy essences. I deleted about 1000 of them. How about those Elondrian essences?

Also, the 2x on the locked elondrian was LOL too. I opened enough to know that wasn't the case. JS.

The red pet for LB only, total sham. You shut out those of us with jobs who can't farm 24/7. We want red pets too.. Flip a few in those locked. Satisfy more customers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Firstly this event has been so awesome i manage to make my 500k budget into 6m profit without spending plat.

Feedback from a low level pvper.

I have to juggle between my pvp time and farming time, for a couple of weeks our low level pvpers guild has transformed into essence and tomb run hunt party which was trully enjoyable, Elondra locks selling for 40-60k the whole guild was very lively out of 25+ online half were running tombs chatting it out and discussing everything; and the free energy thank you sts for considering a farmable pseudo unlimted energy

Items by levels gave us variancy now we dont have level tens on equal stats and damage with a level twelve, we can feel the shift of people migrating brackets.

The LB was a neat addition I never expect shady to surpass 100m trade barrier, that has got a lot of people asking if its worth it. I worry that there might be less end gamer if items continue to be 100m +. IMO it was a very bad move putting shady as a prize hope it never happen again or better yet remove arcane prize from future event LB or AL players will suffer on health and we dont want that, event banner should suffice as a prize or better yet rework the LB for events.

Overall i am very happy with Ursoth event they get better and better and looking forward for the next one which im pretty sure will be warrior theme.

Well done STS.

Epicr
    Last edited by epicrrr; 07-24-2014 at 12:31 AM. Reason: because i can :)
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

It was ok...

I just didn't like how Helena spawns more than Ursoth and is more difficult, gave less points than ursoth and not good loot...

Other than that, im saving my elondrian stuff to sell later and hopefully get rich (or at least try)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

To be honest, the event for me was just on 3 week money making scheme...
    Could you make it next time it is a lot harder to get to Gold so that in the end there won't be the equivalent of Dovabears spammed around the map?
    Also I would like to see vanities and titles much like Halloween and Tarlok, otherwise...great job

P.S. I would like to see more requirements for an End Game player really..I totally agree with what Jaytb said and I think that much some items from the token vendor should be at elite level 40-41 but can also ONLY BE PURCHASED by a player of that level ( class doesn't matter ). Naturally something for the twinks as well but the best items should be end game only...
    Last edited by SacredKnight; 07-24-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I only didnt like that Root + one shot boss mechanic. Cmon be creative - dont make those unavoidable one shot mechanic.That was stupid also - if u dont wanna get root spend 15 plat for that kit. Not everyone is plat user.

Rewards - As per your reward system its good than I expected. Casual gamers get 2 new pets and for Hardcore/Heavyplat spender gets Arcane+Banner.

Overall - Average event. People play games for fun not frustration. I have seen many undergeared, lowerlvl, casual people frustrated during helena and ursoth bosses.

Worst part of event was that - noone is farming elite anymore.
    IGN: Keyrogue, Keymagey, Grrom, Sceuetas