Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dex mage vs int mage? Feedback wanted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I really hope 1.7 brings back the pure int mages. I like my dual specs, but I'd just prefer pure ones, really. And I'd have to make separate characters to try hybrids, which would give me something else to do.
    I'd have to argue that pure int mages are already pretty viable. In a situation where there's 4 birds or bears and 1 pure int mage, that pure int mage, if you know how to play if effectively will do more damage than the rest of the team combined.

Mastering survivability is the challenge - knowing when to use mana shield. Btw, your mana regen is so fast that even if your mana shield is depleted, you can still cast spells like normal!

For me though, the challenge is mastering this build in pvp. The majority of my deaths come from surprise attacks from enemy birds.

Edit:
    The pure int is a hard to play build and it should only be played by veterans who are comfortable with having tested out several builds. In particular, try the transition from pally to hybrid. If that goes well, consider pure int. If not, stay with pally or even strength mage. Dex mage is only if you liked the transition and want to try something different.

Damage potential is huge, but so is sudden death. It really depends on your play style.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 02-01-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can anyone comment on how a dextress feels with an aoe staff? My thought is this...the whole point of dextress is increasing single target dmg. By adding the dex you get increase in single target dmg but what happens if you try to magnify that dmg increase by adding something that does splashes. Does that splash dmg benefit from the dps increase of the dex? If it does, it would make up for some of the loss in skill dmg. I'm interested in this set up because it give me the options of doing aoe nuking and talon and shield for survivability. Thanks ahead of time for you input.
    Andromagious - 55 Pure Enchantress || Flockuinface - 55 Pure Archer || Icututopieces - 55 Pure Warrior || Lightblades - 55 Str133/Int145 Pally || Pokeuindaeye - 55 Str133/Dex146 Warbird || Brainiacbear - 40(55) Str102(135)/Int101(143) Intbear ||Yesishotu - 33(55) Dex82(133)/Int82(146) Dextress || Harderuwuss - 15(55) Str34(146)/Dex34(133) Dexbear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

This thread is 3 months old... necroing dead threads is frowned upon for good reason.

A lot has changed since then. I'd recommend starting a new thread on the matter and not replying to this post.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 05-08-2011 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry if I've committed a faux pas. I didn't know using an old thread was a bad thing. I though we'd want to keep all the info in the same area. Thank you for the suggestion on starting a new thread.
    Andromagious - 55 Pure Enchantress || Flockuinface - 55 Pure Archer || Icututopieces - 55 Pure Warrior || Lightblades - 55 Str133/Int145 Pally || Pokeuindaeye - 55 Str133/Dex146 Warbird || Brainiacbear - 40(55) Str102(135)/Int101(143) Intbear ||Yesishotu - 33(55) Dex82(133)/Int82(146) Dextress || Harderuwuss - 15(55) Str34(146)/Dex34(133) Dexbear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WhoIsThis, where you live in Ontario?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I made a dex mage just for the raid roach armor
    With full RR you can get 100+ crit which will almost always if not always hit 2x damage. I am going to sub the bow for a more powerful bow that can easily deal serious damage...so..ya
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

As I said, keep this thread dead. It was made before the Sewers ever came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

LOL sorry...
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177