Thread: Which is better Dex Mage or Pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Which is better Dex Mage or Pally

i have a pally right now with full elite armor and stats set as 158 str, 49 int, 48 dex
    im debating wether or not to respec as a dex mage puttin 157 dex 49 int, 48 str and use full elite gear as i already own the full dex set using the wing sheild and talon

from what iv seen looking at ppls stats in the game the dex mage does alot more dps and generally has the same base dmg as a pally with a hax as i have one and destroys in hit and dodge % and both are generally very close in crit%(27,30).. and as for armor its not that much of a difference... looks to b about 20-30 armor diff. dex armor has a better mps stat 3mps rather then 2mps from str gear. overall health of a pally compared to a dex mage is literally the same (503-pally) (502-dex mage)which shocks me cuzz str stats suppose to give more health at 158 as for hps idc cuzz i have blessing of vitality, heal, and drain life not a problem.....

im just looking for feedback on which is better cuzz im still debating which is the better make...so far it looks like dex mage is winning...so either i have the stats wrong or im missing something...

my question are from those who have tried them overall which is better.
    comparing dmg (base and dps)
    health and armor
    mana and mana regen
    and overall skill of which is stronger in pvp and pve
    thanks again!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Damage wise, if you have the same int on both, then they both should be doing the same spell damage. The only advantage the dex mage would have is being able to use a ranged weapon (blaster/bow) which is better than the scimmy of a pally.

Health of a pally should be at least 50 points higher. Assuming you are using a rift set, the set itself gives +50 health (correct me if I'm wrong) bonus, along with the additional strength you get for more hp. Armour, pally wins definitely. I get 134 on my dual spec'd pally. I haven't tried it yet with a dex mage, but it should be considerably lower, maybe less than 100 with a blaster/bow and 105? with a talon/shield.

Mana regen even for a pally doesn't seem like a big deal. I still spam away my skills with no problem. Occasional mana pots here and there, but thats nothing compared to the amount of armor and health I gain. Instead of chugging hp pots like a dex mage would, I use mana pots occasionally. I still use health pots, but not as much, and only use them where a dex mage would be dead in the first place.

Again, skill damage would rely on int. So whichever of the characters have more, they should do more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i just checked with full elite dex armor u loose 20 armor soo u r left wit 114 armor compared to 134 armor with elite str armor... not that big of a diff
    using sentinels talon of death and wing of death for dmg u loose 23 base dmg (not including armor bonuses) but gain 7 dps( not including armor bonuses) and have ranged attack and alot more hit%... so evens out to have possibly more dmg overall...?? am i right? and as for the health im not using rift im using the new elite armor Guardian(str) & sentinel(dex) so hp is exactly the same.
    the plus 4mps dosnt seem like much but will make a large impact in pvp and so will ranged dmg... the skill dmg will b the same for both cuzz im splitting diff with int and str/dex.... so skill dmg is errelivent

just still not sure which is better cuzz dmg is ish and armor isnt to far off considering i can dodge alot more than a pally would anyways 19 dodge on dex mage(ninja :P c if it catches on lol) compared to 7 on pally

still unsure.. any help??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It seems your lying more on dex mages being better, and it seems to fit your play style more, so why not give it a try?

I personally like pally and the extra armour/health I can get. Since a mage's damage comes mostly from spells, I'd rather stay alive and cast spells rather than use a gun and cast the same amount of damage spells.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Dexchants suck. Don't play em.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    It seems your lying more on dex mages being better, and it seems to fit your play style more, so why not give it a try?

I personally like pally and the extra armour/health I can get. Since a mage's damage comes mostly from spells, I'd rather stay alive and cast spells rather than use a gun and cast the same amount of damage spells.
    I like the pally better but dex does affect the damage done and spells are affected by the damage too. Only thing is you are still a squishy mage that gets more aggro.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

pally lets you get in with your spells. dexmage lets you keep afar and snipe away. if i could dual str and dex on mage, dex would be for bosses and pally for mobs.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

One thing to remember as far as mages go: int is your spell damage. Dex only increases BASE damage (weapon/auto attack damage). I'f you go dex Mage you'd have a great power balance but be very fragile. Pallies tend to have more armor but typically risk getting kited, which isn't much fun as melee. If you wanna try quick kills, go dex/int mage. If you like tanking stuff out and outlasting everyone, the pally build is for you. Both builds are equipped with their advantages. It's up to you to figure out which style suits you
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kk thanks again everyone... im tryin out dex mage now... i ended up with 424 hp not the best comparing to the 503 that i had with pally as expected mps is great mana fills back up well(great for pvp)
    i do agree that using the skills r harder do to the fact that i have to rush in for some of them... but dps is good, base dmg isnt as good tho... still unsure wether i like it or not but its not much to respec back n forth... i think dex mage will b better for pvp just cuzz of the range attacks... i can c y pally is more liked but, pvp & being pushed back by mages/archers isnt a problem anymore...

[Lt] Shiny

Ummm... I'd go for Paladins. Find them more useful and great for mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dual spec str and int.
    Prettipaliboi= LVL50 full rift pally
    Prettiboiz= LVL50 full dex birdie
    Prettiguy= LVL50 bear tank