Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Follow-Up to the Nekro Questline Announcement

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

man, you guys are never happy. LOL

*I personally think a props is warranted here. Thanks STS for listening to your community! Whatever changes are made, taking Singe out as a component is a huge move! But replacing Singe with an arcane shard or whatever just moves us into a different but familiar issue...crate popping. So again, "whoever dies with the most toys wins".?.?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Samaeldavisjr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I feel sorry for everyone who bought singe lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    You love mentioning the Ichor quest ... so perhaps you are just stuck in the past. The current AL base is 20-50 TIMES what PL had. You need to come to grips with that, and realize that if they had an Ichor quest in AL, it would absolutely FLOOD the place with the items.
    There needs to be a limiter other then time, and consider that how ever many times you run this to get a drop, it will never account to more then the number of times it was run by other players combined in the first hour. So if you have a relatively decent chance of getting a drop, then you need to integrate that over the entire population willing to run this which would be flood proportions. The other option is to have it drop at a rate that does not flood, but that means the odds say the MAJORITY will not get it, so you will have to come to terms with the fact that odds say YOU will NEVER get it.
    You seem to think that no matter how hard they make a quest, that tons of players will still do it. That is simply not true. For every bit harder they make it, fewer players will do it. If it took ten thousand elite boss runs, I'm pretty sure nobody would do it. If it took one thousand elite boss runs, then I'm pretty sure some players would do it but not very many. STS can absolutely control the supply of this item by how hard the quest is.

Why is it such a big deal to have one single arcane item that can be earned instead of having to be lucky or spend plat?? All I'm asking for is one single item like this, yet people seem to rage at the idea. I just don't understand. It's as if it bothers them terribly that a poor player could earn a really good item by just putting in the required time. This is like a class warfare issue within the game, and it is terribly bothersome to me.

I know this game has a sort of medieval theme to it, but do we really have to have a medieval class system as well?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-25-2014 at 05:28 PM.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Stick to your guns STS, original plan was almost perfect except singe price went through the roof. Please don't make this another arcane shard that is unattainable to everyone but the uber rich.

I was also planning to open crates for the first time in relatively large numbers... Now? I might just skip that option because even with what to me is a large number of crates my chance to loot a a shard is next to zero... The original post gave me hope, now it looks like your just catering to the top 1%
    Last edited by Thrindal; 07-25-2014 at 05:38 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    You seem to think that no matter how hard they make a quest, that tons of players will still do it. That is simply not true. For every bit harder they make it, fewer players will do it. If it took ten thousand elite boss runs, I'm pretty sure nobody would do it. If it took one thousand elite boss runs, then I'm pretty sure some players would do it but not very many. STS can absolutely control the supply of this item by how hard the quest is.

Why is it such a big deal to have one single arcane item that can be earned instead of having to be lucky or spend plat?? All I'm asking for is one single item like this, yet people seem to rage at the idea. I just don't understand. It's as if it bothers them terribly that a poor player could earn a really good item by just putting in the required time. This is like a class warfare issue within the game, and it is terribly bothersome to me.

I know this game has a sort of medieval theme to it, but do we really have to have a medieval class system as well?
    I'll tell you why conceptually this sounds good, but in reality it is flawed. First of all, the OP, uber rich, 1%s it really doesn't matter what people call them; they pretty much fall under one category. Let's use your model as an example. The already powerful will join up and pound out these elite runs like nothing compared to what the common folk can do. So once again the majority of the non plat spenders are left in the dust, dreaming of what can be. As for the plat spenders, this is like a free ride basically.. no need to spend plats and crate pop. Awesome!! for them that is. I think I'd rather stick to the system where a person who just started playing this game 3 days ago can have a chance of hitting the jackpot with a single crate and even the playing field if you will. Doing something repetitively for a prize something will turn players into zombies and slaves, if they're already not. You might say people do that in real life and it's call "work". Well it is real life and people have to eat food and provide. This is a game where something that was enjoyable is turning sick. I'm done.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Read again. You CAN make this quest so long and boring that players will not want to do it and yes that item will not flood. And yes, you can slide the scale up so more players want to do it. But the problem with such a large base is the line between it is useless to do and it will flood the market is razor thin. Consider it this way, if it is worth it for you to do, then it is worth it for enough other players to do that it will flood the market. KM3 is currently filled to the brim with players willing to put in more time then you and they are running that non-stop for barely 50K an hour. The staggering size of the non plat base with time is clearly something you are not appreciating.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    Yay! Sometimes we lose faith, but in the end I think you guys try to do the right thing.

My one suggestion is make the new arcane element a very very rare drop in elite Tindirin(not in chests but as a legit drop). Elites are dead atm there is really nothing to do but pvp. This will bring elites back and give non-plat spenders a fighting chance.
    One of the wisest things i have heard on these forums after like a year... -_- +50000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Fossilized Shell....? As the new component... I think I was the first to post this idea pitch on forums ( Different Component ).
    Last edited by SacredKnight; 07-25-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

wkwkwk, to bad for the player that rush to buy singe egg for 20-30m yesterday, there are a trade between singe egg with arcane maul or lvl 41 mythic bow yesterday.

really really to bad for them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I lost 20m over 2 days cause of all this new things. Smh sts what are u doing???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hugso View Post
    I lost 20m over 2 days cause of all this new things. Smh sts what are u doing???
    At least you can afford 20 mil -_-

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SacredKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Maybe tell us about what CONTENT is coming rather than causing further instability in the economy.

No further announcements about pets need to be made. Tell us about maps, changes to quests (ref: bard changes were well received) new things for us to DO in game rather than things we have to BUY. And please no more dates.

Might go a long way to building excitement rather than the non - stop negative feedback you are getting from just about every announcement made.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Plz dont nerf nekro too much let it be the best arcane pet for now and on...samael is devastating for 3seasons now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

TBH just let Nekro be something that can only be obtained by hard work and not bypassed by plat..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SacredKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Read again. You CAN make this quest so long and boring that players will not want to do it and yes that item will not flood. And yes, you can slide the scale up so more players want to do it. But the problem with such a large base is the line between it is useless to do and it will flood the market is razor thin. Consider it this way, if it is worth it for you to do, then it is worth it for enough other players to do that it will flood the market. KM3 is currently filled to the brim with players willing to put in more time then you and they are running that non-stop for barely 50K an hour. The staggering size of the non plat base with time is clearly something you are not appreciating.
    I say make it super hard so it is NOT worth it for most players to do, and then if after some time it becomes clear nobody is doing it, then you can slightly increase the drop rates of the various crafting materials. And if nobody still does it then increase the drop rates some more. I'd rather they error on the side of "too difficult" than it be "too easy" and then flood the market. I think they can find a nice balance if they do it this way.

I think what will happen is you will have all sorts of players involved in this, even if they see it as impossible for themselves to craft this pet. For example, I'm sure some of the crafting components will be tradable. So many players may farm for those components even if they don't have the time to put in to actually complete the quest themselves.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

I say make it super hard so it is NOT worth it for most players to do, and then if after some time it becomes clear nobody is doing it, then you can slightly increase the drop rates of the various crafting materials. And if nobody still does it then increase the drop rates some more. I'd rather they error on the side of "too difficult" than it be "too easy" and then flood the market. I think they can find a nice balance if they do it this way.

I think what will happen is you will have all sorts of players involved in this, even if they see it as impossible for themselves to craft this pet. For example, I'm sure some of the crafting components will be tradable. So many players may farm for those components even if they don't have the time to put in to actually complete the quest themselves.
    Not Super Hard... but hard enough that it takes people roughly 2-3 hours per day for a month of hard work to earn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Not Super Hard... but hard enough that it takes people roughly 2-3 hours per day for a month of hard work to earn.
    Unless there is a deadline you must complete it by and then the pet becomes discontinued, then I think this is too easy and will result in flooding the market as Fluff suggested would happen. 2-3 hours per day for a month means that in 6 months to a year everyone will have this pet as it would only require a half hour a day for 6 months or 15 minutes per day for a year.

I think maybe there needs to be a deadline on it just like there was for the ichor quest in PL. I see nothing wrong with this as there have been two previous arcane pets that have been discontinued. Have a quest that takes about 200 hours to complete, and give us 2 months to complete it. That is around 3 hours per day for 2 months. Those who bust their butts get the new pet, others won't unless they buy the egg from someone who earned it.

This should keep us busy until the next expansion is released. My guess is that maybe a couple of thousand players at most end up earning this pet, which is probably no different than the number of Samaels or Hammerjaws that are out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Alright, after collecting all of the feedback so far and having a discussion with the devs, the following changes will be made to Nekro and the Undead Whelp questline:

1) An arcane egg will no longer be required as a crafting component. This will be replaced with a different Arcane crafting component that is TBD.

2) Nekro's stats will be re-evaluated to bring him more in line with existing Arcane rarity pets. New stats will be announced at a later date.

And, on a related note, the development team will also take a second look at Singe's stats, and work to incorporate past feedback to bring him more in line with existing Arcane pets.

This thread is now open for feedback and suggestions. As a reminder, please keep your comments constructive. Thank you!

1) An arcane egg will no longer be required as a crafting component. This will be replaced with a different Arcane crafting component that is TBD.
    > who are happy: 1. Singe pets users 2. Other arcane pets users
    > who are unhappy: 1.Singe's eggs owners (who hoard, looted or bought the eggs). 2. Non-plat players (assume that the Arcane crafting component is from locked) 3. Who tried to pop tons of crates to find a Singe's egg and got nothing in good value. 4. HJ, glacian eggs owners who hope to be able to craft their eggs to a better arcane pet.

2) Nekro's stats will be re-evaluated to bring him more in line with existing Arcane rarity pets. New stats will be announced at a later date.
    > who are happy: 1. SnS users 2.SnS's eggs owners. 3. Other Arcane pets/eggs users/ owners (not Singe)
    > who are unhappy: 1.Singe's eggs owners (who hoard, looted or bought the eggs). 2. Players who wanna challenge to get better Arcane pet than SnS 3.Non-plat players (assume that the Arcane crafting component is from locked) 4.Who tried to pop tons of crates to find Singe's egg and got nothing in good value.

So from STS decision, we know which side they take, congratulations to:
    1. All arcane pets users (who didn't horad, loot or buy Singe's eggs).
    2. All arcane eggs owners (who didn't hoard, loot or buy Singe's eggs).

Sorry to non-plat players, this decision is not made for you.

<Buff this, Nurf that>

"Nekro's stats will be re-evaluated to bring him more in line with existing Arcane rarity pets."

"the development team will also take a second look at Singe's stats, and work to incorporate past feedback to bring him more in line with existing Arcane pets"

> what if some players bought a Singe's egg for 30M yesterday, what kind of stats buff would deserve 30M? (I know STS didn't set the price, but its your announcement intentionally buff the price of Singe)
    > existing arcane pets are included HJ and Glacian???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

i hate sts making announcements that are not firm and final.
    There are no men like me . There is only me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Are u kidding? Why u post it need Singe egg then cancel it? U playing us?