Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Follow-Up to the Nekro Questline Announcement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    What about the people who bought singe for 40 million based on ur announcement? A little forethought before u announce something can prevent a lot of problems down the road. I'm talking about the idea of using a singe in the original announcement and making it 3 days after the latest arcane pets were issued. This isn't the first time. Announcing arlor's would return and announcing new mythic weapons would be in old crates are two examples. Whoever issues these without thinking of the in game consequences needs to be held accountable (not you remiem, you're the messenger) because they are completely out of touch with the player base. We are people and have strong feelings towards this game. We aren't just plat purchase histories on a spreedsheet that is reviewed daily or once a week. Apologizes lose their value when they have to repeated so often.

Nobody wins. It's a human nature thing . The poor complains that sts brought out another thing they cannot afford. The rich are crying because they spent ridiculous amount on a pet that I believe isn't a lot better than samael and they blame sts because they like to be first hand on everything .. And then now with this new post the rich again cries because they bought something that sts changed - this one is sts fault. For announcing a new pet three days later SNS was released. If they waited a month to announce that pet.. It won't be much of a problem really.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

So immature move by company, my frnds have lost millions because of your announcements..

Every single gaming forum people cry for leaving game, doesn't mean company screw other people who follow their announcement..

i dont care if singe 100+ primary stat or nekro get - 100 primary stat.. Just stay with your words.. think 10 times before making an announcement.. seriously my 5 year old nephew can make better solid announcement..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluidShot View Post
    Maybe I'm just weird.... But where's the fun in running the same maps for months? I'd be more interested in a quest line with things where, let's say you get a quest and once you drop item x, you need to drop a drakin tooth from an elite boss within 10 minutes. You may get it on first try, it may take 100 tries. But just running the same maps over and over accumulating a rare drop doesn't make me want to log onto AL, it makes me want to find a game where there's some variety.
    cough*go to oac*

“New eras don't come about because of swords, they're created by the people who wield them.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yeah, I hear you. In fact, some of the crafting components should probably be actual rare drops from elite bosses and not common and easily obtained items like dragkin teeth.

Also, you mentioned "eventually everyone will have this pet". How about putting a time limit on its availability? Make it a hard grind kind of quest, and put a time limit. Then not so many players will be able to get it, but it will give a chance to a different kind of player to get this prize instead of the usual plat spenders getting everything.
    Limitation? That's like anothe URSOTH EVENT .. No sleep. No thank you

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

6. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    now thats nice O.O or even more...that would be awesome. 2-5k
    Meh... Cap is only 1k lol, but can be possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

i agree with the buff of singe and the nerf of nekro.
    but what about the people who spend plats on crates in hope of getting singe or bought an overpriced one? for them the solution is worse then the problem. i am really dissapointed in the way stg makes and changes decisions now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

nice.. now i dont need singe egg..^^

ARNABKNIGHT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

thats why patience is a virtue yo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kross For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredible View Post
    Limitation? That's like anothe URSOTH EVENT .. No sleep. No thank you
    No, not that limited LOL.

I keep bringing up the ichor quest from PL, but that is really what I'm looking for. It was a dungeon that took about 5-10 minutes for a party of 5 to complete. Your chances of getting an ichor to drop from the boss were around 1 in 5. You needed 500 ichors to complete the quest, and you had about 6 weeks to do it.

Also, there was a small chance that the boss on the map would drop very rare black dragon helms and armors, which today are the most valuable items in PL. So farming the black dragon items kept people running those maps over and over even if they were not going to do the quest. And most players did NOT do the quest as you needed to run the map so many times. I played for a couple of hours per day, and I managed to finish the quest just in time. The reward for completing the quest was an elite weapon, which at the time was the best weapon in the game. While a fair number of players got these elite weapons, it did not flood the market with them.

Making it time limited does not have to mean you don't sleep. It just means you cannot play or 15 minutes per day either and hope to complete the quest. It means you must really work for it.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-25-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Love you stg lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

No, not that limited LOL.

I keep bringing up the ichor quest from PL, but that is really what I'm looking for. It was a dungeon that took about 5-10 minutes for a party of 5 to complete. Your chances of getting an ichor to drop from the boss were around 1 in 5. You needed 500 ichors to complete the quest, and you had about 6 weeks to do it.

Also, there was a small chance that the boss on the map would drop very rare black dragon helms and armors, which today are the most valuable items in PL. So farming the black dragon items kept people running those maps over and over even if they were not going to do the quest. And most players did NOT do the quest as you needed to run the map so many times. I played for a couple of hours per day, and I managed to finish the quest just in time. The reward for completing the quest was an elite weapon, which at the time was the best weapon in the game. While a fair number of players got these elite weapons, it did not flood the market with them.

Making it time limited does not have to mean you don't sleep. It just means you cannot play or 15 minutes per day either and hope to complete the quest. It means you must really work for it.
    we understand man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Last announcement was a gold and plat sink.singe looted us.
    I got vili helm in hope of singe in 210+ crates (not a new story).lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here's an idea.....

This is a perfect opportunity to have a useful gold sink. Make the major crafting component something you buy from an NPC for 10m gold. Then make the crafting quest a really hard one, with multiple stages of crafting. Have the crafting take a few days for each stage, and then STS can earn money by allowing players to spend plat to speed up the crafting. And make sure to make the other crafting components hard to obtain.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

What a turn of events. lol again it's good and bad news. like Inkredible mentioned. If without singe egg being used to make nekro which there are plenty of singe egg out and about. which now require a new arcane component which i'm almost certain will be from lock which require popping locks. it's basically another Arcane shard added to the table. If you haven't manage to get an arcane shard to craft an arcane ring not sure how this is any different.

only solution i see is making a huge hard add on collection of quests event which is farmable and require a huge tremendous amount of time weeks to months to craft the item. example lol farming FLAG in ctf takes months lol. Have people kill 10k elite rendtail boss see how that pan out hahaha. can even make it into an AP.

other wise anything existing current arcane item is added to the ingredient will RAISE in price or a new Arcane item which basically won't be affordable cause it'll be like arcane shard. just saying.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Am I the only one who remembers that this is EXACTLY what happened with Singe?

People saw the initial stats and totally freaked out. STS nerfed the pet pre-launch and the result was those who bought it complaining for 7 months that it sucked. Now they are just going to have to put it back to what they originally intended. So now y'all are getting Necro nerfed, again before it is even released. I expect to see the same thing happen again. It's bizarre. STS is the developer, not the players. They should really remember that.

Yes it's nice that a singe egg won't be needed for the new pet, but now we have 2 unknown arcane items needed to make it. I just hope they don't shove them in crates and make them like shards. The initial concept of this being a pet you actually had to play for was a huge step away from pay-instead-of-play atmosphere. I found it sad that during Ursoth's assault the only real way to make money was afk in boulder. How's that a good gaming experience? Please give us something we need to use skills to obtain.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I don't want to put myself in the skin of people who bought Singe yesterday . Want this to be fair for them? Get some badass stats to Singe. Add crit for example and btw that stun doesnt work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Here's an idea.....

This is a perfect opportunity to have a useful gold sink. Make the major crafting component something you buy from an NPC for 10m gold. Then make the crafting quest a really hard one, with multiple stages of crafting. Have the crafting take a few days for each stage, and then STS can earn money by allowing players to spend plat to speed up the crafting. And make sure to make the other crafting components hard to obtain.
    yea that's not a bad idea lol. gold sink, plus plat spend and plenty of farming require. Kind of missing the rush to farm for things like getting the RECIPE to craft arcane ring when it first came out lol. Constantly killing over and over for TOOTH and back in the beginning where i do my quest to hunt for Shards piece to upgrade my mythic, that was tiresome but fun. Only thing i like to add on is. make sure whatever the out come it is NOT TRADABLE.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

great guys thats the way if I had gone whith singe egg as main thing needed to craft no one coukd have done it and sing e was going to go higher than 12m cuze of that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aww what about the people who spent 20-30m for sameal...zzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Singe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk