Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Void vs. Sentinel vs. Sunblessed Sets: An Unbiased Analysis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonearcher View Post
    Sent is better end of story.
    And sunblessed bow stinks. Lack of range.
    Sentinel for pvp but suprisingly I go with the duel daggers shadow slicers in pve well vs bosses... Best IMO
    Void> sent....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Pl'Othozz is not way to hard to solo lol, it's quite easy if you use the armour pot. You won't use health pots as much either.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

My results for Sunblessed vs. Void vs. Sentinel have been posted. Interpret these results however you want and I implore you to try to replicate these results.

Pl'Othozz is not way to hard to solo lol, it's quite easy if you use the armour pot. You won't use health pots as much either.
    I decided against spending 1500 gold for each run for 12 runs total (18,000 gold) for the sake of this guide. I know Tanker's Ale makes a lot of fights easier, but without it, Pl'Othozz is pretty damn hard I must say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great guides, keep up the good work!

Check Out My Guild's Website: http://club-estraz.blogspot.com/
    *Private message me if you want to join the most rewarding and organized guild ever!
    MEMBERS: 90, ACTIVE MEMBERS: 87, MEMBERS WITH WARNINGS: 1

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Nice update!

So I guess, if you're in a decent group, Sunblessed sounds like it'll be better (?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

From the current field data I compiled, yes it appears that the Sunblessed Set is better in terms of damage, but not in regards to potion consumption or deaths.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for the update with the sunblessed bow. The main thing I've noticed about it is that there is less mana regen, and I have to use more mana pots. I'm thinking it may be the best set to use in boss fights though because of the damage.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Add cyber set and see how cyber is i wonder how it would be and cyber is good it has more dmg and armor and stats so i want to know how it maches up with sentinal
    Last edited by Phoenixking; 01-15-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    Thanks for the update with the sunblessed bow. The main thing I've noticed about it is that there is less mana regen, and I have to use more mana pots. I'm thinking it may be the best set to use in boss fights though because of the damage.
    I am now more inclined to use the Sunblessed Set for both boss fights and normal PvE runs.

Add cyber set and see how cyber is i wonder how it would be and cyber is good it has more dmg and armor and stats so i want to know how it maches up with sentinal
    The Cyber set is way too similar to the Void set in terms of Damage and DPS, and I opted to choose the Void set to compare to the Sentinel set. If there was a marginal difference between the Sentinel and Void (and their damage/DPS/crit differs more than Void and Cyber), then I would imagine the same results between Cyber and Sentinel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, not to be a bad apple, but statistically speaking, assuming that your data (time for runs) follows a semi-normal curve, you would need a minimum sample size of 25/set...but that's just way too much of a pain in the butt. If you consider the problem as a probability set, where the chance of one set being better than the other, then n*p and n*q have to be greater than 10, where n = number of runs, p=success rate of a particular set, and q= fail rate of a particular set. Otherwise, data is statistically inconclusive.....according to my AP Stat class...Good job though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

The thing is cyber is stronger and it has more stats like a void and more dmg imo the cyber could beat sent and i think it is a significant addition to include cyber
    When there is too much

Don't forget

[Lt] Shiny

Dude, insane. You really took the time and effort didn't you? Excellent work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kobebean View Post
    Hey, not to be a bad apple, but statistically speaking, assuming that your data (time for runs) follows a semi-normal curve, you would need a minimum sample size of 25/set...but that's just way too much of a pain in the butt. If you consider the problem as a probability set, where the chance of one set being better than the other, then n*p and n*q have to be greater than 10, where n = number of runs, p=success rate of a particular set, and q= fail rate of a particular set. Otherwise, data is statistically inconclusive.....according to my AP Stat class...Good job though!
    The minimum sample size I did not bother to calculate simply because as I started gathering data, one run was an average of 11-12 minutes long...I figured about 30-40 runs would be conclusive evidence but I'll go with your figure of 25. That's why I stated in my conclusion
    "- So from what I gathered from my results, here is my opinion, based off of 6 runs per equipment set...." to emphasize that these results are only based off of 6 runs each and nothing more

Gathering 25x3 = 75 runs per 11-12 minutes each is 14-15 hours for this trial, something I would never imagine doing, unless I do this every day. So this is as best of pieces of evidence I could compile that is humanely possible to establish some sort of rational comparison between these equipment sets.

It gets really repetitive and boring though, doing these runs. Maybe you can calculate and detect p<0.05 statistical significance, test for power, and test for minimum sample sizes for me in this thread? That would be very helpful in justifying my results, and it's been about 11 years since AP statistics for me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cooool u used a chart!!! that's awesome!!!
    Kenaxx- lv50//Teddymage-lv35// Websters-lv30// Tedyybear-lv25
    This is the color RED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I got an idea. Since you're comparing 3 different sets and the shot speed is the same, it doesn't matter what you compare it as long as it applies to the same object. How about doing test shots on a mage in pvp? 100 shots would satisfy 1) the average dmg and 2) the real time critical rate... Testing the defense is trickier though; I'm assuming you're not a dexchantress and you can't heal... However, the same concept works backwards as well. You could do a statistical analysis of the mean difference between the 3 sets. If you're interested, I'd be more then happy to help, being a lvl 47 dexchantress.

-kobebean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kobebean View Post
    Hey, I got an idea. Since you're comparing 3 different sets and the shot speed is the same, it doesn't matter what you compare it as long as it applies to the same object. How about doing test shots on a mage in pvp? 100 shots would satisfy 1) the average dmg and 2) the real time critical rate... Testing the defense is trickier though; I'm assuming you're not a dexchantress and you can't heal... However, the same concept works backwards as well. You could do a statistical analysis of the mean difference between the 3 sets. If you're interested, I'd be more then happy to help, being a lvl 47 dexchantress.

-kobebean
    Sure, add me in-game. My IGN is the same as my forum name. I would need to know your entire stats (specifically, hit%, dodge, armor)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And I read you all over again. Well, good job!
    Any kick-*** bear interested in doing this to compare rift and hate?
    Onascaabatie - Bird, lvl50
    Papale - Mage, lvl50
    Ihatealiens - Warrior, lvl50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ona View Post
    And I read you all over again. Well, good job!
    Any kick-*** bear interested in doing this to compare rift and hate?
    I actually compared both sets, took the picture. Compared again, then deleted it.

But i know that Rift beats Hate through: Dodge, Damage and Hit Rate. While Hate beats Rift in: Armor, Critical and Regen.

Conclusion, Original sets are still better.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You should become a tester for games like this. Maybe you could ask SS for a job.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I enjoy doing this as a hobby more, and I enjoy working at my hospital Game testing was a pipe dream of mine back in high school though..