Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A couple ideas to improve 2 aspects of the game known to be lacking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Default A couple ideas to improve 2 aspects of the game known to be lacking.

1) Leaderboard system-

Currently the reward for the leaderboards are bragging rights and a silly banner with a new color each season. I like the way the lb was rewarded during the event, however it could be changed. I think there should be more leaderboard categories. My favorite idea being "ELITE BOSSES KILLED". Only cap level bosses would count, meaning only nordr through tindirin would count atm. ARENA WOULD NEVER COUNT. The rewards would be something like follows;

1-25 all get banner.
    1-5 get banner+a unique, useful, but NOT OP pet egg, which would be rewarded elsewhere also, so it is either a decent pet for you to open, or a decent(not 150m) chunk of gold. I think each lb should have a pet egg that helps them at their specialty. For example, this pet could be one especially useful in boss kills, having a stun that is maybe 75% to bosses(not working in pvp), great primary stat buff, and decent crit. A pet rewarded for pve kills could possibly do double damage to mobs in pve from its passive attackes
    6-15 get a currently existing item that is decent but not op, or maybe something discontinued that would be useful, and wont huet economy too bad. I.e. L41 myth weapons.
    16-25 just get banner.

This would not be the only lb section with rewards, nor the only one added. For example, I would love a "Most Elite Tindirin Completed" lb. When this season ends, it could become Most ________ Completed for new expansion. With accompanying rewards

To recap THE REWARDS SHOULD NOT BE GAINED ONLY FROM LB. THEY SHOULD BE SOMETHING USEFUL TO THE PLAYERS WHO WON THE LB, OR THEY COULD BE SOLD FOR A DECENT, NOT 50m+ CHUNK OF GOLD.

2) Achievements; following numbers are best of my knowledge. It still applies that A TON of top players are inactive.

Currently the number 1, 6, 12, 16, 17, 18, 21 and 23 rogues, are all inactive. The number 6, 8, 13, 17, and 25 sorcerers are all inactive. The number 2, 4, 7, 12, 17, 23 warriors are all inactive. Thats roughly 19 players who are inactive, but the ach system is so dead, they continue to remain top. The solution is their needs to be a ton more achievements, all which require grinding in elite, because currently, you dont have to playeach elite map more than once to make top board. Ive had 5+ 'Top Players' acquire help from me regarding the elite egg cracking ap, because theycouldnt figure out how to complete themselves. Thats a bit of a joke. What I suggest is something like the way pvp aps are, repetitive, but would require people to become good at certain elite maps and run them alot.

The idea of top player is the best overall player in each class. Right now, the lb is absolutely not effective in showing that. I think APs such as...complete every elite map at least 5 times, should be added. Or complete certain maps in X amount of time. (Time would have to change if youre a warrior).

Any feedback greatly appreciated. I hope stg looks at this and really thinks about it. This would give them plenty pf plat sales while keeping everyone busy.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Azepeiete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

+1 i would like it

Goodfella: Lvl 41 Warrior
    Nicone: Lvl 36 Mage
    Goodfellapvp Lvl 21 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Sts should restart the numbers for each season. Like when season 7 starts, ctf kills should reset at 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

I think that is a good idea, but it would be separate lbs. People should be recognized for doing ctf kills for long time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azepeiete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Agreed with #2

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, kind of annoying that I make "top sorcerer" leaderboard every season since the beginning and my only prize is a banner, but players who make leaderboard for a small 3 week event get a pet worth 100m.

As for #2, I brought this up numerous times with Sam Hayne, and he is of the opinion that difficult APs discourage people from playing the game. I disagree with him, but that is his opinion, and I got the impression last time I discussed this with him (during our google hangout session) that this was not going to change.

IMO there should be so many hard achievements (like the flagging APs) that nobody could ever do them all. Because once you have a ton of players who did every single achievement, then you start ranking them by PvE kills, and then it becomes a PvE kills leaderboard, not an AP leaderboard.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-25-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Leaderboards need refinements for sure but let's get the skill system straightened out first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I definitely agree with the fact that lbs should be reset every season. Do you realize how hard it must be for a new player to get on lbs? Almost impossible. Here a ss of the top pve kills Name:  image.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  255.6 KB do you know how hard it is to get on this lb now??

Does sts realize that some of these players use bots or what ever it's called to program their computer! Be honest guys when was the last time you actually saw cusigma? You think he's an actual player?? You think he runs wt4 endlessly since season 1? No! It's a bot and I'm really sick of it actually. People getting rewarded every season for doing nothing. give the rest of us a chance. It will be impossible for me or anyone else to make these lbs now!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    I definitely agree with the fact that lbs should be reset every season. Do you realize how hard it must be for a new player to get on lbs? Almost impossible. Here a ss of the top pve kills Name:  image.jpg

Does sts realize that some of these players use bots or what ever it's called to program their computer! Be honest guys when was the last time you actually saw cusigma? You think he's an actual player?? You think he runs wt4 endlessly since season 1? No! It's a bot and I'm really sick of it actually. People getting rewarded every season for doing nothing. give the rest of us a chance. It will be impossible for me or anyone else to make these lbs now!
    exactly i don't even think 5 million kills is possible without that

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Great idea! More leaderboards and achievements please. Not that hard to implement either, I would think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Half the people who play don't know what an achievement is, much less their 'importance'. No way resetting the board would discourage new players.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

They implemented this sort of thing in Battle Command. The "top player" leaderboards stay because you cannot reset all achievements every season, but the other leaderboards reset every season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

It should be similar to that, but with coexisting lbs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I definetly always see cusigma, hes sometimes in jarl hunting crates, and sometimes in outpost.
    I have a big doubt at setara tho. Never see her since season 4.. I belive shes on a guuld called <Suicide Kings>

FUN FACT:
    I also dont see BOSS he might also be using Internet Bot.
    Last edited by Gensin; 07-25-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The idea of specialized pets for a specific leaderboard field is kinda meh. It would give the owners a performance boost in the next season of that lb which is unfair to aspiring players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

I think STS should make more of those limited time Lb things :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post
    I definetly always see cusigma, hes sometimes in jarl hunting crates, and sometimes in outpost.
    I have a big doubt at setara tho. Never see her since season 4.. I belive shes on a guuld called <Suicide Kings>

FUN FACT:
    I believe Setara no longer plays. She has been at the same 2.2m kills since early in season 5 when she was actually #1 on the PvE Kills list. I used to talk to her occasionally and she complained about Cusigma when he was #2 and told me he was gaining around 25k kills per day, and she thought that was impossible and didn't understand how he was doing it.

As for Boss, I'm pretty sure he stopped playing a couple of months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I've seen the top 3 plenty of times, I've only seen Boss once but he seemed legit XD. Anytime I see any of the top 3 I tell em good job
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Euldor View Post
    The idea of specialized pets for a specific leaderboard field is kinda meh. It would give the owners a performance boost in the next season of that lb which is unfair to aspiring players.

These pets would not only be given to those who won that specific lb they would be available elsewhere also. If they were givrn to only those people then it would be like sns again which is ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post

FUN FACT:
    Lol serious? I've only seen cusigma about 2 times in six seasons and he's been on top for a very long time. Don't you realize that these players aren't in popular guilds? They don't really play. It's a bot lol. Do you know how difficult it is to get almost 5.5Million kills! It's 15k kills every day for a year straight, no breaks.