Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Reduce time that idle dugeons exist

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Reduce time that idle dugeons exist

I saw posted in another thread the following:

Empty (but not completed) instances stay around for 5 minutes before they close.
    Can you change the time to one minute or less? I find that when I'm looking for a group to join I have to scroll through a lot of empty dungeons before I find one that I want to join. Honestly, I'm trying to think of a reason to keep them around at all once the last player leaves, but I can't think of one. I would be all for removing them immediately once the last player leaves, unless someone can explain why that would be a bad idea.

As always, thanks to the devs for this great game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can see one reason as someone being kicked from a game due to connection issuses. It would suck to hav that happen and loose your progress. But that's all I can think of. I hav one idea to add tho the filter system can we make the way we filters games save until we close the or change them. Because ATM when I filter the games and try to join one and it fills up before I get in I go back to the games list and I have to reapply all the filters I use. It's not a big deal but it would make filtering a lot more easy.
    Jovains- Enchantress(Supportress)
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok, I suppose if you're soloing and you get disconnected you might want to be able to rejoin your game. That's not bad. But I'd say one minute would be enough time for someone to log back in and get back into their game if it's just a minor connection issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They already have buttons to hide password protected games and only show towns. Would it be possible to have a button to hide empty games or show recommended zones (find games around your level)?
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For that matter the 'quick play' button is completely useless. You should be able to change filters or settings telling the game what kinda games you want to connect to via quick play. For example if it isnt the swamp, I am not interested.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,505 Posts

We'll change it to one minute.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And on the eighth day, he patched it and said, "I like this even better." And, lo, it was good.
    Syacoff - lvl 35 Archer - Alterra
    Sahdatay - lvl 35 Bowchantress - Alterra
    Thumbo - lvl 10 Bearzerker (Leaving him low on purpose. Wanna check out low lvl PvP too)