Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1819

Thread: <Trinity Knights> Official Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Default Panta rhei

Hey knights,

Some of you asked why we are no longer on leaderboard. And I think some of you also remembered me speaking about it at the GH minimeet just before Halloween. But to be clear, let's discuss it again here.

Just before Halloween I made the decision to clean up all the remaining inactives in guild except for former officers. It was one of the toughest cleanup I had to do, removing players I had helped clear Nordr and Shuyal and Tindirin, knights I've bled and died for, so they could get hard elite achievements when we weren't decked in mythics and arcanes.

But it was a decision I took to allow the majority of active players in guild, who are mostly capped, to focus on endgame activities: farming, mythic crafting, events, etc. Ren'gol elites, Planar Tombs, Arena, dragkin teeth and lockeds farming, Northal, etc. are keeping our hands full and occupy our limited play time. In the end the decision was made so that everyone, including myself and the officers can get the most fun in the game and in guild.

I'm not going to lie and say that leaderboard rank means nothing to me, to us. We all know better. In some ways it reflected our dynamics, our ups and downs, our progress and fallbacks. It was a reason to celebrate when we went up the leaderboard, it was a motivation to do better when we dropped. In some ways we are where we are because we were on leaderboard.

But leaderboard rank was not the reason I stayed in Trinity Knights when I joined two years ago. The guild was not on leaderboard then. I stayed because I was getting help and I was finally making friends in game. I stayed because the guild was a warm and friendly home when outside it was rude people who called you noob and quit on you on maps. I stayed because Trinity Knights taught me how to play the game better, and how to do it without having to lose your honor and integrity. And now that we're back to the no lb status, I'm staying for all the same reasons. I'm staying because the knights are my home, lb or no lb. And I know many of us feel the same.

Panta rhei. Everything flows. Nothing remains the same. The only constant is change itself. We have been a leaderboard guild for 100 consecutive weeks, going through changes. This is just another of those shifts and transformations.

To answer some questions:
    1. Are we still recruiting? Yes, we are but very selectively. We're looking for people who can be part of the family, not people who will only use the guild for their goals then move on. So friends you know well, people who you think will fit into Trinity Knights atmosphere of laid back, PvE-focused atmosphere, are OK. We are revising recruitment criteria, but a positive, fun attitude and personality can override some handicaps.

2. Can my alt join? If you're capped (level 46), your alt can join at level 23.

3. I've been removed in the cleanup because I wasn't active and I want to come back. Can I? Sure. Level up then contact me or an officer.

So we are a much smaller guild now. What does that mean?

1. We need to maintain activity. Log on daily on all your toons in guild. The more knights are on, the better to find party for anything.

2. We need to help each other. Yes, most of us no longer need help with clearing maps or getting APs. But we can always party up for Ren'gol/Northal runs to farm Orcslaying/Glintstone material. We can run elite Wilds party for those who need dragonite bar for their arcane ring or mythic pendant. We can help run Arena for those needing boss essences. We can party up for Planar Tomb runs to help farm essences for pendant. And so on. Try join at least one party with other knights every day.

Panta rhei. Everything changes. Further changes will happen in the guild. But to quote Harrytwotter, our master raindancer: "I think we will do just fine."
    Last edited by ilhanna; 10-20-2015 at 12:11 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

You have proved yourselves as a solid respect-worthy guild. Even if you had never been on the top guild list, the performance of the Knights in the Kalizza Tour of Arlor was second to none and brought this guild to prominence in the eyes of the other guilds at end game. This is a strong group of dedicated people, and nobody will take that away from you.

The guild leaderboard turned into a merge-to-win phenomenon some time ago. Yes, it can be a source of pride, but integrity and doing what is best for the family speaks much more clearly of good leadership.

Keep up the great work, Trinity Knights.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    You have proved yourselves as a solid respect-worthy guild. Even if you had never been on the top guild list, the performance of the Knights in the Kalizza Tour of Arlor was second to none and brought this guild to prominence in the eyes of the other guilds at end game. This is a strong group of dedicated people, and nobody will take that away from you.

The guild leaderboard turned into a merge-to-win phenomenon some time ago. Yes, it can be a source of pride, but integrity and doing what is best for the family speaks much more clearly of good leadership.

Keep up the great work, Trinity Knights.
    Thank you, Sera. This means a lot to me, coming from you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Name:  IMG_20151020_045153.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  88.7 KB

Plat tier! Thanks for all the event and energy runs, knights!

Next stop: Cinder vanity!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Name:  IMG_20151020_045153.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  88.7 KB

Plat tier! Thanks for all the event and energy runs, knights!

Next stop: Cinder vanity!
    Gratz Hanna! Go go!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Just in case you haven't gotten enough of that boogie fever yet

https://youtu.be/pFXnMBwqnhE

This may have been STS inspiration...
    <Trinity Knights>

Xxxbang

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Ok now, what is Panta Rhei? Googled but don't understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bameely View Post
    Ok now, what is Panta Rhei? Googled but don't understand

LOL it means everything flows, nothing remains the same. The only permanent thing is change itself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Name:  IMG_20151021_120523.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  64.3 KB

Scary enough for disciplinary sessions?

"So you've been trolling your guild mates again. Said it's Para when in truth it's Scourge...."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbangboom View Post
    Just in case you haven't gotten enough of that boogie fever yet

https://youtu.be/pFXnMBwqnhE

This may have been STS inspiration...
    LOL I know where the psychedelic pulsing floor comes from. Thanks, Boom!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Knights,

Now that we have several plat tier knights and more of us getting to silvers and golds and starting to run into Para, let's organize guild event runs so we won't have to keep rescuing knights from leechers and quitters.

Farm energy, craft candy bags. First guild event runs will take place on Oct 21, 2pm GMT. Be at GH before if you wanna join. We'll open dolls for buff.

More runs will be arranged depending on available knights every 4-5 hour to allow us to farm and craft more energy.

Spread the news in game. Save your energy and ankhs for guild runs.

Hoping to see many of you later today, and more of us at plat tier by end of this week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Knights,

Now that we have several plat tier knights and more of us getting to silvers and golds and starting to run into Para, let's organize guild event runs so we won't have to keep rescuing knights from leechers and quitters.

Farm energy, craft candy bags. First guild event runs will take place on Oct 21, 2pm GMT. Be at GH before if you wanna join. We'll open dolls for buff.

More runs will be arranged depending on available knights every 4-5 hour to allow us to farm and craft more energy.

Spread the news in game. Save your energy and ankhs for guild runs.

Hoping to see many of you later today, and more of us at plat tier by end of this week.
    Very good! Let's do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

The passing of the torch has commenced.....gratz Xy.

HUZZAH!
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Default Guild transitions

Knights,

As of today, Friday, October 23, I am no longer guild master of Trinity Knights. Killerxyler has taken over management of the guild and is currently the GM.

This has not been an easy decision to make. It took me two months to decide this, and the officers had been greatly helpful in giving me input and opinions. In the end, we believe this is the best course of action to take at present, both for TK and myself.

I want you to know that this changes nothing about the guild. The rules stay. We still have to thank our parties for runs. We still have to do our part in making knights feel at home, even with simple things like "heya", "gz", or "cya". I still have my Loubutins for kicking very well polished, in case any of you misbehave. Everything will remain the same.

Thank you for supporting and working with me for the 15 months I was at the helm. Now I'm asking you, as you have supported my decisions, as you have followed my rules, as you have worked with me for TK, to please continue to do so with Killerxyler.

Thank you so much, officers, for everything.

Over to you, Xy.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 10-23-2015 at 11:51 AM.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Some of the guild meeting ss on October 23, 2015.

First of all, new recruitment requirement announced.
    (p.s. No recruitment during event. More recruitment requirement please visit here.)

Name:  20151023 - 04.png
Views: 296
Size:  1.78 MB

Secondly, some inactive officers have been released from their post.

Name:  20151023 - 07.png
Views: 297
Size:  1.62 MB

Name:  20151023 - 08.png
Views: 311
Size:  1.61 MB

Name:  20151023 - 09.png
Views: 302

Then, Ilhanna stepped down from the GM position and the promotion of Killerxyler as TK's new GM.

Name:  20151023 - 12-2.png
Views: 467
Size:  1.63 MB

Name:  20151023 - 13.png
Views: 446
Size:  1.60 MB

Name:  20151023 - 19.png
Views: 433
Size:  1.59 MB

Name:  20151023 - 21.png
Views: 444
Size:  1.56 MB

Name:  20151023 - 23.png

Name:  20151023 - 29.png
Size:  1.65 MB

Please join me to welcome our new GM, KILLERXYLER!!!

Name:  20151023 - 30.png
Views: 417
Size:  1.53 MB

TK's new chapter has started.

Thank you hanna. Thank you and congratulations, xy!!!

Trinity Knights Officer
    Lynnsmith | Isianl

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Isian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

*clears throat*

Well in the past week or so, two or call it 3 GMs have left their posts. It's a very sad thing and can even come as a shock. The two GMs of my previous guild have stepped down and now Hannah in my new guild has decided the same fate. I don't think anyone ever wants to see their past or current GMs stepping down, because they have steered the ship through choppy waters onto the promised land. Lots of emotions and memories are awoken about the arduous journey.

Although I've not been long in TK, I feel the same here about the loss of a very good GM. Within 15 months Hannah took TK through Arlor and up to its highest place - 18th, that my friends is an awesome feat, and she couldn't have done this without any of the guildies who have supported her past and present. She also welcomed me in the guild and gave this pariah a home

Thank you Hannah.

I do believe that Xy is the best person to take over and thus gratz XY. So what now...it's very simple....we support Xy and reach even greater heights. To all this I say........HUZZAH!
    XORRIOR

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Thank you Hanna! Pls continue to be 'curt' and straightforward in discipline of TK! Tough job but you did so well! tvym!

Gratz Xyler our new Snuffleupagus Master lolll!! ... nooo stop curling up now! lollz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Very important informations here.......

1. Soylent green is people!
    ~

What is scaling Xorr ? A lot of people have asked me this question, I hope the following info clarifies the term.....

2. Scaling

In Euclidean geometry, uniform scaling (or isotropic scaling) is a linear transformation that enlarges (increases) or shrinks (diminishes) objects by a scale factor that is the same in all directions. The result of uniform scaling is similar (in the geometric sense) to the original. A scale factor of 1 is normally allowed, so that congruent shapes are also classed as similar. Uniform scaling happens, for example, when enlarging or reducing a photograph, or when creating a scale model of a building, car, airplane, etc.

More general is scaling with a separate scale factor for each axis direction. Non-uniform scaling (anisotropic scaling) is obtained when at least one of the scaling factors is different from the others; a special case is directional scaling or stretching (in one direction). Non-uniform scaling changes the shape of the object; e.g. a square may change into a rectangle, or into a parallelogram if the sides of the square are not parallel to the scaling axes (the angles between lines parallel to the axes are preserved, but not all angles). It occurs, for example, when a faraway billboard is viewed from an oblique angle, or when the shadow of a flat object falls on a surface that is not parallel to it.

When the scale factor is larger than 1, (uniform or non-uniform) scaling is sometimes also called dilation or enlargement. When the scale factor is a positive number smaller than 1, scaling is sometimes also called contraction.

In the most general sense, a scaling includes the case in which the directions of scaling are not perpendicular. It also includes the case in which one or more scale factors are equal to zero (projection), and the case of one or more negative scale factors (a directional scaling by -1 is equivalent to a reflection).

Scaling is a linear transformation, and a special case of homothetic transformation. In most cases, the homothetic transformations are non-linear transformations.

[wikipedia]
    Last edited by Xorrior; 10-27-2015 at 02:45 PM.
    XORRIOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    Very important informations here.......

1. Soylent green is people!
    ~

What is scaling Xorr ? A lot of people have asked me this question, I hope the following info clarifies the term.....

2. Scaling

In Euclidean geometry, uniform scaling (or isotropic scaling) is a linear transformation that enlarges (increases) or shrinks (diminishes) objects by a scale factor that is the same in all directions. The result of uniform scaling is similar (in the geometric sense) to the original. A scale factor of 1 is normally allowed, so that congruent shapes are also classed as similar. Uniform scaling happens, for example, when enlarging or reducing a photograph, or when creating a scale model of a building, car, airplane, etc.

More general is scaling with a separate scale factor for each axis direction. Non-uniform scaling (anisotropic scaling) is obtained when at least one of the scaling factors is different from the others; a special case is directional scaling or stretching (in one direction). Non-uniform scaling changes the shape of the object; e.g. a square may change into a rectangle, or into a parallelogram if the sides of the square are not parallel to the scaling axes (the angles between lines parallel to the axes are preserved, but not all angles). It occurs, for example, when a faraway billboard is viewed from an oblique angle, or when the shadow of a flat object falls on a surface that is not parallel to it.

When the scale factor is larger than 1, (uniform or non-uniform) scaling is sometimes also called dilation or enlargement. When the scale factor is a positive number smaller than 1, scaling is sometimes also called contraction.

In the most general sense, a scaling includes the case in which the directions of scaling are not perpendicular. It also includes the case in which one or more scale factors are equal to zero (projection), and the case of one or more negative scale factors (a directional scaling by -1 is equivalent to a reflection).

Scaling is a linear transformation, and a special case of homothetic transformation. In most cases, the homothetic transformations are non-linear transformations.

[wikipedia]
    Hmmm... I think I get it, but could you make a video? I'm more of a visual learner.
    <Trinity Knights>

Xxxbang

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbangboom View Post
    Hmmm... I think I get it, but could you make a video? I'm more of a visual learner.
    No problem anything for a guildie, video links here........

1. Soylent green.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAFA-hamZ0

And

2. Scaling.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xp3_ZaVnyj4
    XORRIOR

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post: