Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 15 Str/Int Mage Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Default Level 15 Str/Int Mage Guide

This guide will teach YOU! How to be the greatest str/int mage that level 15 has ever seen!
    Most people will tell you that str and int is bad or useless at level 15 but on the contrary, it makes you able to tank harder and let you use cool gear like swords and hammers.

First off is the build. 6 lightning, 6 heal, 1 frost, and 1 fire is the current build that I use.
    Attachment 99691

Next up is how much str and int you should use. 37 str is necessary for level 10 str rings and same goes for int, 37 is important. I also use 6 dex for extra hit% and in the off chance that I want to use an evidence bracer.
    Attachment 99692

After that you'll need to know what gear to have. You'll need a level 10 rhino 3 pack, a level 10 bear 4 pack, a level 10 mage pack (optional), a paw/toy/reaper or really any 1h weapon you want to use, level 5 alchemists, level 5 blacksmiths (crafted or forge, it doesn't matter), a level 15 pink halloween shield (optional), level 15 dex halloween helmet, and a level 10 fine crystal ring of life. There are also some other rings that you can use but the ring I listed can be used in most situations since str and int rings aren't near as good as their dex counterparts. I also use the blue face that gives 2% hit.

When you get all your gear you'll want to fill up your four loadouts.

The first of them will be the regen set, this is crucial to almost every low level mage and can be a life saver when you're low on mana. With the right gear you're able to get 18-20 m/s which will overtake any other 15 mage. For the helm you want to use the rhino pack helm, mage pack wand, level 5 alchemists, mage pack shield, and the fine crystal ring of life.

The next one is to get the highest hit% possible for when you're fighting bears since missing a skill can be life or death. For the gear you'll want to use a level 15 dex halloween helm, level 15 pink paw but any weapon with high hit% will do fine, level 5 blacksmiths, bear pack shield or a level 15 pink halloween shield if you can afford it (evidence bracer is best), and any ring. A ring that gives 2% hit will help a lot more than the 3 m/s ring in the regen set, just look for the ones that start out with magicians.

The third set will be for when you fight those nukey dex mages. The goal is to have high mana regen but enough armor to survive. With this set you are able to get 8-9 m/s and over 30 armor which is much more mana regen and about the same amount of armor. The gear you'll want to use is the rhino pack helm, your weapon of choice, rhino or bear pack armor, the bear pack shield, and the fine crystal ring of life.

Your last set will be for your hammer. There a few ways to go with this, you can either go for the highest hit%, armor, or still have pretty good regen. I usually go with hit% and I use a level 15 dex halloween helm, rhino pack hammer, level 5 blacksmiths, and a 2% hit ring. If you want to go for regen use the rhino pack helm, rhino or bear pack armor, and fine crystal ring of life. You can also use alchemists with it but I don't recommend it. For most armor I use bear pack helm, rhino or bear pack armor, and a ring that gives armor.

Now for the most important part, how you actually fight other players.

I'm going to start out with mages since this is what this build spec can fight the best. The end goal for fighting a mage is making them switch to their regen set so you can kill them with your hammer set. For almost the entire fight you'll want to use the third set that I listed. When fighting them only use lightning and heal, occasionally you can throw in a frost and fire combo in there so your opponent doesn't catch on to what you're doing. When they eventually run out of mana and switch to their regen set you'll want to whip your hammer and just chase them down. Frost comes in handy here so they get frozen but try to use it after they heal and use fire right before the frost effect wears off so you get the combo and it gives you the most for your fire. Especially because fire is one of the biggest mana wasters and you want to avoid using it against mages. If you don't kill them with hammer it just becomes a regen fight and it starts all over. Some of my fights last over 10 minutes until my opponent just quits and lets me kill them.

Bears are one of your most deadly enemies. It's pretty rare being able to kill them if they're using an fbow unless they're a lower level and even then it's pretty hard. You'll want to use the second set I listed. To fight fbow bears you'll want to kite them, so use fire at 8m range and then use frost shortly after. Use light right before fire or after if you're able to. Against talons or crossbow bears it's a lot easier on you. Kite them but stay in range of their stomp but outside of their slashing range and after you landed three lightnings you can get in closer. Three lightnings is key because it's debuffs stack up to three times and their hit%, damage, and armor are lowered by a good bit. It's fun if you have a 1h melee weapon like a sword or reaper so you can auto them.

For rhinos do the same as mages.

Foxes and birds at this level range are a joke so I suggest using the second or third sets and just fight them however you really want to.

Special thanks to Drout for teaching me str mage and Motivating for helping me make this look prettier.
    If you got any questions just ask, I'll try to answer them asap.
    Last edited by JTZ; 07-31-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JTZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Great guide. very definitive and interesting. I myslelf will never try PvP lower than 50 because of the community there and mana regen is just pitiful. Hate having to switch sets for mana. just me though lol. Other seem to hate t but I'll stay at the higher levels. But Kudos to you man!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin:1749779
    Great guide. very definitive and interesting. I myslelf will never try PvP lower than 50 because of the community there and mana regen is just pitiful. Hate having to switch sets for mana. just me though lol. Other seem to hate t but I'll stay at the higher levels. But Kudos to you man!
    That's the exact same reason why I don't do lower level PvP lol.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTZ View Post
    This guide will teach YOU! How to be the greatest str/int mage that level 15 has ever seen!
    Most people will tell you that str and int is bad or useless at level 15 but on the contrary, it makes you able to tank harder and let you use cool gear like swords and hammers.

First off is the build. 6 lightning, 6 heal, 1 frost, and 1 fire is the current build that I use.

Next up is how much str and int you should use. 37 str is necessary for level 10 str rings and same goes for int, 37 is important. I also use 6 dex for extra hit% and in the off chance that I want to use an evidence bracer.

After that you'll need to know what gear to have. You'll need a level 10 rhino 3 pack, a level 10 bear 4 pack, a level 10 mage pack (optional), a paw/toy/reaper or really any 1h weapon you want to use, level 5 alchemists, level 5 blacksmiths (crafted or forge, it doesn't matter), a level 15 pink halloween shield (optional), level 15 dex halloween helmet, and a level 10 fine crystal ring of life. There are also some other rings that you can use but the ring I listed can be used in most situations since str and int rings aren't near as good as their dex counterparts. I also use the blue face that gives 2% hit.

When you get all your gear you'll want to fill up your four loadouts.

The first of them will be the regen set, this is crucial to almost every low level mage and can be a life saver when you're low on mana. With the right gear you're able to get 18-20 m/s which will overtake any other 15 mage. For the helm you want to use the rhino pack helm, mage pack wand, level 5 alchemists, mage pack shield, and the fine crystal ring of life.

The next one is to get the highest hit% possible for when you're fighting bears since missing a skill can be life or death. For the gear you'll want to use a level 15 dex halloween helm, level 15 pink paw but any weapon with high hit% will do fine, level 5 blacksmiths, bear pack shield or a level 15 pink halloween shield if you can afford it (evidence bracer is best), and any ring. A ring that gives 2% hit will help a lot more than the 3 m/s ring in the regen set, just look for the ones that start out with magicians.

The third set will be for when you fight those nukey dex mages. The goal is to have high mana regen but enough armor to survive. With this set you are able to get 8-9 m/s and over 30 armor which is much more mana regen and about the same amount of armor. The gear you'll want to use is the rhino pack helm, your weapon of choice, rhino or bear pack armor, the bear pack shield, and the fine crystal ring of life.

Your last set will be for your hammer. There a few ways to go with this, you can either go for the highest hit%, armor, or still have pretty good regen. I usually go with hit% and I use a level 15 dex halloween helm, rhino pack hammer, level 5 blacksmiths, and a 2% hit ring. If you want to go for regen use the rhino pack helm, rhino or bear pack armor, and fine crystal ring of life. You can also use alchemists with it but I don't recommend it. For most armor I use bear pack helm, rhino or bear pack armor, and a ring that gives armor.

Now for the most important part, how you actually fight other players.

I'm going to start out with mages since this is what this build spec can fight the best. The end goal for fighting a mage is making them switch to their regen set so you can kill them with your hammer set. For almost the entire fight you'll want to use the third set that I listed. When fighting them only use lightning and heal, occasionally you can throw in a frost and fire combo in there so your opponent doesn't catch on to what you're doing. When they eventually run out of mana and switch to their regen set you'll want to whip your hammer and just chase them down. Frost comes in handy here so they get frozen but try to use it after they heal and use fire right before the frost effect wears off so you get the combo and it gives you the most for your fire. Especially because fire is one of the biggest mana wasters and you want to avoid using it against mages. If you don't kill them with hammer it just becomes a regen fight and it starts all over. Some of my fights last over 10 minutes until my opponent just quits and lets me kill them.

Bears are one of your most deadly enemies. It's pretty rare being able to kill them if they're using an fbow unless they're a lower level and even then it's pretty hard. You'll want to use the second set I listed. To fight fbow bears you'll want to kite them, so use fire at 8m range and then use frost shortly after. Use light right before fire or after if you're able to. Against talons or crossbow bears it's a lot easier on you. Kite them but stay in range of their stomp but outside of their slashing range and after you landed three lightnings you can get in closer. Three lightnings is key because it's debuffs stack up to three times and their hit%, damage, and armor are lowered by a good bit. It's fun if you have a 1h melee weapon like a sword or reaper so you can auto them.

For rhinos do the same as mages.

Foxes and birds at this level range are a joke so I suggest using the second or third sets and just fight them however you really want to.

Most of what I know about str mage is from a good player by the name of Drout, so shoutouts to him.
    If you got any questions just ask, I'll try to answer them asap.
    have you tried str/dex mage??
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    have you tried str/dex mage??
    No, I'm not sure if it will do well in lower levels because of the low mana regen. Maybe after level 22 because of the damage buff that mages obtain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Sheu and Laar come to 15 and we will clear out all the trash talkers and make it as good as 51!
    Nice guide xore, I'm gunna try this out now and also for bears it is extremely easy to tank with 6 heal, just go for very high armor and make sure to time heals, all I can really say as it just takes practice. Personally love running 6 heal and tanking out bears :3

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motivating:1750230
    Sheu and Laar come to 15 and we will clear out all the trash talkers and make it as good as 51!
    Nice guide xore, I'm gunna try this out now and also for bears it is extremely easy to tank with 6 heal, just go for very high armor and make sure to time heals, all I can really say as it just takes practice. Personally love running 6 heal and tanking out bears :3
    I once had a 15 bear with all the OP gear (pink Fbow, pink tinsel talon/platinum talon, pink gruesome, artisan, expert, etc). I hated that level so much lol, so I just sold everything.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Should of given it all to me

Oh and there is next to no point in buying the bear pack, grue gives better stats and arm than the shield, sword is useless compared to paw, just 3 more damage, rhino armor is better imo because 3 more arm but it does give 2less crit and 1 less hit... Dex helm is also better than the bear one
    Last edited by Motivating; 07-26-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motivating View Post
    Should of given it all to me

Oh and there is next to no point in buying the bear pack, grue gives better stats and arm than the shield, sword is useless compared to paw, just 3 more damage, rhino armor is better imo because 3 more arm but it does give 2less crit and 1 less hit... Dex helm is also better than the bear one
    True, I just use it since I've had it since 2012 and wanted to use it. The stats aren't half bad and can compare to the halloween gear and rhino packs depending on what you're going for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yeh, tbf I do prefer dex, I do more damage and have more armor... But it's fun to use. You do die easy to bears with only 31 armor though

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Just a couple minutes ago motiv said to me to never ever make a l15 str mage. Is it good or bad? :\ not gonna make one either way, just curious.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by programmed:1750374
    Just a couple minutes ago motiv said to me to never ever make a l15 str mage. Is it good or bad? :\ not gonna make one either way, just curious.
    It's because Motivating wasted 400 plat trying to get guru plat shield
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

And to be honest it's no good xD

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

And to be honest it's no good xD
    Mages probably drain your mana. Bears you tanked pretty well though, you got close to killing me that time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Mages, this setup drains them
    But I tank better on Evil than shrekt, anyway I have stopped crying and am going to make a 10 rhino

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Mages, this setup drains them
    But I tank better on Evil than shrekt, anyway I have stopped crying and am going to make a 10 rhino
    I had a 10 rhino and quit because it hardly ever dies but the damage is pretty low so fights are long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Just how I like it

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Just how I like it
    Okay well it should be good for you then. I like longer fights too but on a rhino you don't exactly get enough mana regen at low levels to keep a long fight going and you end up just healing and autoing people to death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Eh, don't like the sound of that. I'll stay getting farmed at 75

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Eh, don't like the sound of that. I'll stay getting farmed at 75
    Well you have the plat pack on your mage and you do a lot of low level so probably have the paw. Couldn't hurt to try it still instead of just going by my opinion on it. Its only leveling 9 times, you could use free daily elix and be there in a couple of minutes and if it doesn't work out, you didn't waste too much time on it.