Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: More Shadow Cave Changes Coming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ptoast View Post
    Having the ability to set a minimum character level would stop lower levels from joining. That way people could still join a shadow cave game in progress. I also agree about the hosting issue. If the host leaves, someone else needs to become host. Maybe a system were a host can designate the next host or the game can make the 2nd person to have joined host privileges. I would also like to see the mobs have trash loot, so that a person cam go into the caves and not blow all of their money on pots and elixers.
    It still doesn't solve the problem of people staring at the "join game" screen until a spot opens up in one of the games. Doesnt matter what level they are, I would consider this leeching -- leeching off someone else's work to get into the cave. If the devs really want people to work to get in there, they should do away with the caves showing up on the "join game" screen. Any open slots should be filled in by invited friends.

Edit: at the very least, this might take a bit more planning, making sure you have a few friends available before starting the game.
    Also, something would of course have to be done to prevent people from getting locked out of the game if the get disconnected. Fixing the host problem would be one way to deal with that -- so they know their friends can hold the spot for them if they get lagged out.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 01-13-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    lv 1 and 4 people are no the only problem. i had a lv47 and 48 destroying the team for us, refusing to leave. the 47 didnt even participate in fighting half the time.
    Yes caves are hard for a level lower than 50 because of gear and not skills. Lets hope devs change how the hosting works.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Having the ability to set a minimum character level would stop lower levels from joining. That way people could still join a shadow cave game in progress. I also agree about the hosting issue. If the host leaves, someone else needs to become host. Maybe a system were a host can designate the next host or the game can make the 2nd person to have joined host privileges. I would also like to see the mobs have trash loot, so that a person can go into the caves and not blow all of their money on pots and elixers.
    This is an excellent idea. Setting the minimum level when creating a game. Of course the information would have to pass onto the Shadow Caves too.

I would also suggest that when Victory Lap is cleared, instead of just getting the message to go to town, add the "Go to Shadow Caves" to be shown instead of having to check for a portal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    It still doesn't solve the problem of people staring at the "join game" screen until a spot opens up in one of the games. Doesnt matter what level they are, I would consider this leeching -- leeching off someone else's work to get into the cave. If the devs really want people to work to get in there, they should do away with the caves showing up on the "join game" screen. Any open slots should be filled in by invited friends.

Edit: at the very least, this might take a bit more planning, making sure you have a few friends available before starting the game.
    Also, something would of course have to be done to prevent people from getting locked out of the game if the get disconnected. Fixing the host problem would be one way to deal with that -- so they know their friends can hold the spot for them if they get lagged out.
    If this was a desktop mmo I'd agree with you. But it is a mobile game and average time spent in game is probably less than an hour for most people, not the hardcore with nothing else to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IMO- If we have to clear VL the portal should always pop at the end, not randomly.

Drop rates could be increased slightly.... to the same as AO3 bosses. Now, you have to put together a good group that is going to stick it out for hours..not easy to do in PL. If we have to dedicate hours to clearing someone in the group should get a pink. Otherwise its just frustrating. I do like the idea of if you clear all 5 levels..at the end the group is rewarded with pinks.

Totally agree with the frustrations of a lower level joining and refusing to leave. Our group ended up leaving the caves because of this. Hopefully 1.7 has something to address hosting issues, level caps, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I can understand this. It is an elite dungeon, after all. My opinion is slightly biased towards the casual gamer who may not have the time to clear VL and then do the caves. Myself, for example, I don't have alot of time during the week to play but on the weekends, the door is wide open. So my only experience of the caves has been when I was able to join a game in progress. Don't get me wrong, though, I did try to get a portal from Tpaxx a few times.
    Pyranthus - Level 50 full dex bird
    Chuckfinnley - Level 30 tank
    Amaranth - Level 18 enchantress
    "I will show you fear in a handful of dust." - T. S. Eliot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Great effort to fix things up. I like the fact that at least devs still admit their mistakes.

As for the people worrying about low levels joining shadow cave when someone leaves, I think this may be a good time to implement the level 50 limit on dungeons, even just for shadow caves for now.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm PHYSCED.

This means more farming, less people leaving after a single boss, and a better chance to make money per trip.

If you have to kill Des, King, OL, Gurg, Keeper, Tpax, you have a good shot of getting a drop in Victory Lap, then the drops in Shadow Caves.

Sounds great.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by relayer View Post
    IMO- If we have to clear VL the portal should always pop at the end, not randomly.

Drop rates could be increased slightly.... to the same as AO3 bosses. Now, you have to put together a good group that is going to stick it out for hours..not easy to do in PL. If we have to dedicate hours to clearing someone in the group should get a pink. Otherwise its just frustrating. I do like the idea of if you clear all 5 levels..at the end the group is rewarded with pinks.

Totally agree with the frustrations of a lower level joining and refusing to leave. Our group ended up leaving the caves because of this. Hopefully 1.7 has something to address hosting issues, level caps, etc.
    Yeah, I agree with the hosting/etc problems, they should really force the leadership on SOMEONE.

I'm tired of level 30s-40s joining, and killing the run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I can understand this. It is an elite dungeon, after all. My opinion is slightly biased towards the casual gamer who may not have the time to clear VL and then do the caves. Myself, for example, I don't have alot of time during the week to play but on the weekends, the door is wide open. So my only experience of the caves has been when I was able to join a game in progress. Don't get me wrong, though, I did try to get a portal from Tpaxx a few times.
    It's not like this game doesn't offer other areas for casual gamers. It's called "elite" -- I'm not even sure I'll go through this thing all that much.
    But if the devs are adding roadblocks to get into the dungeon, why keep open the option of joining open games? That means only some people have to spend THEIR time getting tothe caves, while others just pop in whenever they please?

Consistency is the key.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think adding the boot option will help with your issue Les. I also think you need to be more realistic, this is a casual game (even though u play hardcore). I for one, would like to be able to join a group of friends or even those I don't know for a quick cave level. Especially when I only have a little bit of time. Devs, please leave it open to joining and just make sure somebody has the option to boot. I also like the idea of setting a minimum level for games, would be great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I wasn't saying you can't join friends. But I think you should ONLY be able to join friends. Not any open games. Remember, there's no way to create a locked shadows game, so the people spending their time to get in there (it is a large cave) shouldn't have to deal with random, unwanted pop-ins. That's all I'm saying. If your friends want you in their game, then by all means -- join them.

But if everyone likes getting strangers popping into their game who do or don't pull their own weight, don't complain about it when you have a leecher (and lvl 50s can be leeches too).

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

1. Will Boss 4 & 5 eventually become as hard, or harder, than Boss 3? Or are those where you're putting all the extra D'Jinns?

2. The night before the nerf, I remember joining a run that had a L47 and a person who was afk a bunch. Needless to say the group gave up at some point. A bunch of others came in and out until finally it looked like a group that was serious. To my surprise, I noticed that I had Boot priveleges at some point. So perhaps there is already some kind of host inheritance going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Are you adding different loot tables to the Djins, or will they still be Lore Keepers?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd add to the chorus of applause for the developers listening and correcting issues. Good Job!

I very much agree that an elite dungeon like this should have a lvl 50 criteria to join. I'd prefer this to the booting of players.

I wonder how many people are going to spend the time clearing VL then shadows if the drop rate of pinks is less than VL. Granted there are more bosses, but unless there is a reasonable chance to get an elite item, that's a lot of time invested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Are you adding different loot tables to the Djins, or will they still be Lore Keepers?
    that is a problem indeed...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Problem is when your low level inherits the boot ... I think there is already a boot inherit mechanism. Maybe it should go to the highest level person in group. I don't know but there were times in AO2 when it was the low level that inherited the boot...

I too want to see joining left open, but allow booting and min level (should be 50 in caves until level cap is raised, but if possible to implement, might let 1st host determine min. level of game). I've seen too many games where we need more new people because someone has to leave, battery dies, etc. Real life intrudes. That's the way it is. There's no reason someone cannot play with their buddies just because they do not have hours to spend in PL. There were several times I joined a mostly empty-of-players game and it ended up being a game of my friends. That would not have been possible if I had not been able to start playing in the first place. I've also helped clear out dungeons and had to leave before reaching the boss (dinner, lunch, phone, blah blah). It's good to know the group just has to keep going and someone will likely join.

Just a thought.

Also I have no clue whether Cinco deliberately lie, but I think sometimes the gaming community just surprises them with how fast they get an area and what happens to the rest of the game. Sometimes things just don't happen as planned, I think. But again, that is life. You adjust; things change.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Les, if the original VL game is locked, then the caves will also be locked so that only friends can join. So if you want only friends to join, just lock the VL game.

It would be great if the host could lock and unlock the game mid-game. That way if you start with a group of friends you could lock so you don't have to boot unlucky randoms who stumble into your game, but if later your friends leave you can open it up.

My observation on host inheritance is that if the host of a game leaves a game before the map is cleared, then for the next game the new host will be the person who first clicks Next Level. But if the host of the lower game is in the game when the Next Level screen appears, then he will be host for the next level even if he never joins it. Not 100% sure but that's what I observed.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Les. I though it should've been that way from day one. Especially now since you have to work to get into the caves, you shouldn't be allowed to join an open game. Only friends from invites. I've ran into a lot of people with full sets, and bragging about more and then saying they never even seen the portal. I understand that there's the casual players that don't really have a lot of time, but there's a lot more leechers IMO. How would you feel if your group cleared VL, a couple of Shadow maps then someone had to go, and a random popped in and happened to get a pink?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    My observation on host inheritance is that if the host of a game leaves a game before the map is cleared, then for the next game the new host will be the person who first clicks Next Level. But if the host of the lower game is in the game when the Next Level screen appears, then he will be host for the next level even if he never joins it. Not 100% sure but that's what I observed.
    Hmm... I think that may be pretty close. IIRC, on the run I was talking about, I came in on Cave 4. I'm *always* quick about clicking Next Level

Also, on the Join screen, I think the game name will probably just have the same (host) name even if the host doesn't join that Next game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.