View Poll Results: The "Shadow Cave" teleporter in Victory Lap should...

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Appear MORE frequently (but not be *guaranteed* to show up).

33 38.37%
  • Appear LESS frequently than it does right now.

4 4.65%
  • ALWAYS appear when you finish Victory Lap. (Which will definitely mean a nerf to the boss drop rates or boss spawn frequency.)

33 38.37%
  • Stay as it is! (Your so-called "fixes" RUIN the game!!)

16 18.60%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "Elite Shadow Cave" teleporter spawn frequency

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,182 Posts

Default "Elite Shadow Cave" teleporter spawn frequency

We can make it easier to get in there (which could lower the prices you expect to get from selling the new items on CS).
    We can make it harder (which could make it less worth-while for less hard-core players... but keep those items super rare and valuable).
    We can make it guaranteed (which will lead to me having to nerf the boss drop rates or their spawn rates within the Shadow caves).

We can also keep it the same.

I'd like to know what you think

- Cinco
    Last edited by Cinco; 01-13-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol sorry I just found that too funny to even choose.

Edit: My choice would be to make it a guaranteed spawn, but take the caves off the "join game" list so people can't "mooch" in Pharcyde's words

Also, please consider allowing some sort of save/checkpoint system to allow people to play through the caves in more than one sitting.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 01-13-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think the current balance provides a happy medium between difficulty and availability. I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

I may or may not be in a guild called The Rusher, where I may or may not enjoy myself.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Cinco, personally I think that we should have the best of both worlds. Semi-hard (Still Elite) gears like it is now. Then have a rare portal spawn in the last level of Elite dungeon that takes you to a epicly hard/large cave with a respawning boss with Vyxnaar type of loot. I would spend hours in a dungeon like that. Right now I perfer to play Ao3 Vs. Elite because Elite is kinda boring. Yeah its hard but its just more potion and hp trolling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Make it easier to get there
    Thats wat i think u should do
    Kenaxx- lv50//Teddymage-lv35// Websters-lv30// Tedyybear-lv25
    This is the color RED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dam pressed the wrong vote -_- anyway more frequent but not guaranteed seems fair.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You should add the if always appear I will have to nerf rates on the vote description.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Also please think about raising gold drop and item drop rates for junk mobs. I feel like I am paying rent in the dungeon because of how fast gold disappears from potions and elixirs.

Maybe lower junk mobs armor a tiny bit too. They are hard which is fine, don't lower attack. But it gets kinda boring spending so much time on junk mobs.

Edit: Perhaps Shadow D'Jinn's could drop slightly better items considering they are a step up from Lorekeepers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We can make it guaranteed (which could lead to me having to nerf the boss drop rates or their spawn rates within the Shadow caves).
    This gets my vote, but if you're going to nerf anything please nerf the drop rates not the boss spawn rates.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    This gets my vote, but if you're going to nerf anything please nerf the drop rates not the boss spawn rates.
    On todays update they changed that. You should read todays update.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Also please think about raising gold drop and item drop rates for junk mobs. I feel like I am paying rent in the dungeon because of how fast gold disappears from potions and elixirs.

Maybe lower junk mobs armor a tiny bit too. They are hard which is fine, don't lower attack. But it gets kinda boring spending so much time on junk mobs.

Edit: Perhaps Shadow D'Jinn's could drop slightly better items considering they are a step up from Lorekeepers.
    I like that idea. +1
    Last edited by Echelong; 01-13-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I want to vote for all new item drops from shadow caves so we can start over without people already having the drops without having to farm their butts off because they got them before the update...But that choice is not up there....Hope you consider doing this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I want to vote for all new item drops from shadow caves so we can start over without people already having the drops without having to farm their butts off because they got them before the update...But that choice is not up there....Hope you consider doing this
    Keep in mind that having some people with the sets makes clearing the caves now faster.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

First of all, thanks for allowing us to vote on this, I appreciate you actively seeking the players input. Would you leave this poll up for a few days so we can play a bit before deciding on our vote. Don't think I've played enough with the latest update to cast a informed vote.

Thanks again,

Kraz

Edit: Make drops 100% again and guaranteed portal, then refriedchicken will go broke with all the shadow gear he bought up trying to maximize his profit.
    Last edited by krazii; 01-13-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Keep in mind that having some people with the sets makes clearing the caves now faster.
    Also prices won't be ridiculously high for items. No need for some guy dropping 5m in the first week to get the sets for insane prices. If rates were now as they were in the beginning, single items would cost easily 1m+. Armor would be like 1.8m :P. Thats more money then even some hardcores have :P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Also prices won't be ridiculously high for items. No need for some guy dropping 5m in the first week to get the sets for insane prices. If rates were now as they were in the beginning, single items would cost easily 1m+. Armor would be like 1.8m :P. Thats more money then even some hardcores have :P.
    If I had a spare set I would wait maybe a week after the set bonus to sell them. When people see the set bonus they will know how much they are worth. But I do get your point, this was an opportunity for a lot of people to farm them easy and store them to sell later.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Well I think that it wasn't the devs intentions for people to load up and get rich fast. But it will turn out better since people already got gears and can farm now. The Elite Dungeon is still really hard with the new gears.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Either make it appear more frequently or guaranteed. I'm not sure which I want to vote for yet. If I could get in 1 out of 3 that would be fine.

But it definitely should not be less frequent nor the same. I haven't even heard of anyone finding the portal yet. This is a game that's designed to be more casual and I shouldn't have to play it all day long just to get into a dungeon, and even then there would only be a very small shot at getting a pink...that everyone already got before this.

There is no reason for these items to be harder to obtain than the gear in other MMO's super long raids.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    There is no reason for these items to be harder to obtain than the gear in other MMO's super long raids.
    Not sure what you mean. Other MMO's have items that can require over 20,000 kills before getting the drop. Vyxnaar is one of the rarest drops in the game (or so I think) and Mystic proved how high the drop rates were by getting 3 of them in 17 hours.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm referring to the raids in other games where guilds can spend all night in one dungeon. At least they can get in the dungeon, and the boss will be there to have a shot at. People have to keep in mind that this is not a hardcore desktop MMO. No they shouldn't be super easy to get, but they shouldn't be this difficult at all.

I could spend hours doing Victory Lap and I can't even get into the caves. Even if I did, the drop rate is low..I'd probably get nothing and have to do Victory Lap all day again for another chance. I already have the gear anyway, as do many others, and the stats are not *that* much better....the value of these items is not high enough to warrant the current difficulty.

It doesn't help that so many people already have this gear to begin with. Lower levels or even people who just happened to not log on the other day, will have to spend weeks playing it this way to get the gear that we have already gotten within a couple hours. If they want some epic gear to be extremely hard to obtain, as it stands now, at least do that with new gear while it's first introduced. And if that gear is going to be so hard to obtain, make the stats way better than other gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

my choice is make it how it was when u first releast it. i missed out on the 100% drops cuz work. so i want my 100% chance at those items like everyone else got...
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.