Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We will never get buffed in pvp. :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    No the only hypothesizing you are doing is just anything negative that doesn't fit your narrow point of view. Mage is entirely a crowd control class with low armor. You nerf crowd control component then yes it leaves you almost defenseless. If you don't understand this maybe stick to playing a rogue since it seems to suit you better from what I saw of you in TDM.
    Yes, you'd think someone who plays all three classes would be more fit to give an all-around opinion. Low armor is no longer an excuse, you can get 100 armor behind rogues with talisman and elo gun, which you don't even need because by correctly using shield's invuln. you can win the same fights with both 1k and 1.3k armor. You're again ignoring the team-play PvP was designed on and keep up this selfish cry for buff which of course seems needed when you are trying to be the top of the class-triangle, consisting of two single-target classes and you, with you being AoE.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

*munches on popcorn and enjoys the show*
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    maybe but when i am running around with charged shield rogue use aim shot when there not even on my screen so i dont have a shield up and i die. I have 4k health and about 1k armor and 400 dmg. (sure dmg low but i like being healthy) what am i supposed to be a warrior and have 6k health and 2k armor or something. Wars for me is just run till i find a rogue and hope we can kill him together or die unless they complete noob. Granted i am not pro but still most rogues kill me before i see them and i dont think i ping spike every single time a rogue kills me.
    Yea thats the big problem of the tdm map, we should have better visibility. Same happen with me always running with charged shield next to wall, i see rog, i let skill off but the shield wont appear soon enough and im dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

In invulnerable shield for 2 secs, if rogue aimed us, is it count that we received the damage?
    I mean, if we received the damage too high, shield is gone right?

So, if we invulnerable in 2 secs, did our shield gone if a rogue with very high crit n damage aimed us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

No the only hypothesizing you are doing is just anything negative that doesn't fit your narrow point of view. Mage is entirely a crowd control class with low armor. You nerf crowd control component then yes it leaves you almost defenseless. If you don't understand this maybe stick to playing a rogue since it seems to suit you better from what I saw of you in TDM.
    Madnex is an excellent Nott & I do not think you can comment on his skill when you lost to Republika in CTF tournament. I've seen you in PvP and honestly, you may be amazing in PvE but you definitely lack PvP knowledge.

Try messaging Dirtyarry for PvP tips. He's really an amazing Nott!

Please note, I reference the CTF tournament because it is the only public display of you fighting.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-28-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I do not think you can comment on his skill when you lost to Republika in CTF tournament.
    Please note, I reference the CTF tournament because it is the only public display of you fighting.
    Using this theory you could say Predator sucks because he lost to me in a public tournament. Never mind he has beat me every other time we've vs'd and everyone knows he doesn't suck. All it is is the performance on one day. The ctf tournament was a team event in any case, so doesn't reflect on an individual's skill.

I know Falmear is a more than competent mage. The statement about the tournament really isn't something that can be used to show one way or the other.
    Last edited by Serancha; 08-28-2014 at 07:47 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

only way too fix mage class and not make them op in game is buff their heal. At twink lvl 10 it gives 30 % while everyone else gets 100%.
    At endgame it gives 80% while every other class gets 100%. buff so the over time upgrade gives like 100-300 health each tick.(estimate)
    This seems pretty fair right.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Using this theory you could say Predator sucks because he lost to me in a public tournament. Never mind he has beat me every other time we've vs'd and everyone knows he doesn't suck. All it is is the performance on one day. The ctf tournament was a team event in any case, so doesn't reflect on an individual's skill.

I know Falmear is a more than competent mage. The statement about the tournament really isn't something that can be used to show one way or the other.
    Please note that I used it as the only public measure because that's all that exists. If he were up for 1v1 or clash, I could evaluate further. In other few times I've seen him in PvP, he's honestly not a very impressive mage to the point where he can comment on other's skills. Therefore, I do not think he should be lashing out on other people's skills. Additionally, which tournament did Predator lose to you on? I don't see any records of it?

Secondly, rogue versus rogue is based off of luck; to use that as a counter is absolutely ineffective.

Thirdly, the tournament is a showcase of both a player's individual skills and team based skills.

Lastly, their rounds lasted over 4 hours. Ours were done in 30 minutes with far better scores - that says enough.

That being said, I am the first to admit that he is an extremely skilled Nott in PvE and Timed Runs. I do give credit where credit is due.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-28-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Zeus idk if you play Mage often but what you think they need to be able to compete with good rogues and wars.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Please note that I used it as the only public measure because that's all that exists. If he were up for 1v1 or clash, I could evaluate further. In other few times I've seen him in PvP, he's honestly not a very impressive mage to the point where he can comment on other's skills. Therefore, I do not think he should be lashing out on other people's skills. Additionally, which tournament did Predator lose to you on? I don't see any records of it?

Secondly, rogue versus rogue is based off of luck; to use that as a counter is absolutely ineffective.

Thirdly, the tournament is a showcase of both a player's individual skills and team based skills.

Lastly, their rounds lasted over 4 hours. Ours were done in 30 minutes with far better scores - that says enough.

That being said, I am the first to admit that he is an extremely skilled Nott in PvE and Timed Runs. I do give credit where credit is due.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ight=challonge

This was in season 3, when lucky crit wasnt a big factor like nowadays.

And what about me, i lost vs republicans too, but i was in the winning team vs your team in the first 5-5 tournament. These rounds also lasted a few hours. So what you trying to say is an invalid argument.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Madnex is an excellent Nott & I do not think you can comment on his skill when you lost to Republika in CTF tournament. I've seen you in PvP and honestly, you may be amazing in PvE but you definitely lack PvP knowledge.

Try messaging Dirtyarry for PvP tips. He's really an amazing Nott!

I'd happily compare myself to Madnex. You can say whatever you want about my skills or one tournament match but last season I was able to get on the TDM LB & banner with basically only one season of PvP in TDM. Get over 10k PvP kills (warmonger) in just one season and all without the usually ganging, tank stacking, pet spamming, spot blocking & naked toon farming that many "top" guilds were doing and probably are still doing. And most of that was with no backup what so ever and guildless for a large part of it. I'm not going to pass myself off as the best because there are many others better then me at PvP. That being said everything I previously said is correct and more then enough people agree with me. Check out post #59 vs #50. GG.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Warmonger means nothing, I got mine in the first two months after tindirin expansion landed, just after I got decked out in gear. You can get 1k kills out of a lazy sunday; heck, you can even get 500 kills in CTF from midday till midnight while taking frequent breaks to snack or watch TV. Because that's the benefit of being maxed out. And you might have or might have not partaken in spotblocking, tank stacking and similar childish things but I do remember you taking pride in "farming Omni" on my CTF debute, with me running around with arch pylon and ribbit. Not quite the image of the fair PvPer you're trying to push on us when you specifically targetted undergeared players and felt like a pro by doing so. And again, it's mostly about gear; you'd be nowhere near those kills without kershal and sam and probably neither would I.

Lastly, of course all the people who're playing mage-only would be most likely reading this thread and agree for the most extreme buffs suggested, that's common sense. I don't see one "thanks" from a non-mage there. I can go in Warrior subforum and suggest 200 extra armor, improved juggernaut and longer lasting HoR shield. Wanna bet how many "thanks" that will get?

Anyhow, this topic is not about comparing people's skills and achievements so, on topic, here are some more overpowered suggestions:
    1)Cleansing Touch: Lifegiver being able to clear any debuffs on the team members under effect.
    2)Never Twice in Same Place: Lighting has 25% chance to fire two times simultaneously.
    3)Complete Reflect: Shield reflects 100% of the damage dealt in the first two seconds deployed.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

People please go back to the topic, we are not interested with whos more skilled or who is better.
    So far, this is the most useful suggestion IMO to buff Twink sorcs that it doesn't affect the Endgame sorcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Everyone's suggestions affect balance at both twink level and endgame level. Since this thread is supposed to be "buff mages at twink", I'll give my part of the feedback. First of all, mages overall are ridiculously underpowered. Instead of buffing skills, I think mage gear/equipment should get a slight buff at levels ~16 and under (the higher the level, the more powerful mages get). Give Ancient Druid gear slight armor bonus, slight damage bonus, and if possible, a little crit wouldn't hurt. Lightning is supposed to be mage's #1 offensive skill, but it is impossible at twink. Mages here have ~1-2% crit and that is pathetic. The only way mages have the opportunity to achieve more crit is to use a certain pet, but that pet also has negative points in a mage's game if you understand what I'm saying. There's too much to lose than to gain in this sense. The only reason mages exist is curse (only usable in clashes). Like endgame, mages should have the chance to compete against other classes. I don't play mage at twink levels because I see they are underpowered, and have observed. I'm sure this won't be on your top priority list, but just food for thought. Thank you for replying Remiem.
    Points of his suggestions:
    1. Stronger shield - If you buff the twink sorc's gears with highier STR.
    2. Highier armor - Increase twink's gears with highier armor.
    3. Crits - Give twink gears some decent crits for the sorcs.

This will only affect twink levels not the end games. The only question is what will be the level of the gears to be buffed?
    Well most people do twinking because they can't afford myths/arcs gears, so why not start to the level that is 3 levels down from the lowest level myth/arc?
    Level 24 to level 2 would be a nice level to buff the gears.

In this suggestion, the endgamers will not be worrying of sorcs being OP on endgame PVP and the twinks will still get buffed in one way or another.
    Last edited by kinzmet; 08-29-2014 at 07:30 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Please note that I used it as the only public measure because that's all that exists. If he were up for 1v1 or clash, I could evaluate further. In other few times I've seen him in PvP, he's honestly not a very impressive mage to the point where he can comment on other's skills. Therefore, I do not think he should be lashing out on other people's skills. Additionally, which tournament did Predator lose to you on? I don't see any records of
    You know a sense of humor wouldn't go amiss. That part of my post was intended to be humorous, at least in part. Y'all take these debates way seriously.

In any case it was the big 1vs1 tourney in early 2013. I got matched with Pred (round 3) followed by Exportedjunk (round 4). Was the only time I ever killed expo 1vs1 but he got the other 2 of the 3. Was a fun day to be an underdog.
    Last edited by Serancha; 08-29-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ight=challonge

This was in season 3, when lucky crit wasnt a big factor like nowadays.

And what about me, i lost vs republicans too, but i was in the winning team vs your team in the first 5-5 tournament. These rounds also lasted a few hours. So what you trying to say is an invalid argument.
    What I am trying to say is not an invalid argument. The rogue I was back than in the original CTF tournament was a very different rogue than the rogue I am now. I'll be the first to admit that I was not very good back then. I don't think I stood out much from other rogue players. The original tournament was lost due to inexperience on my part and lack of coordination. So, were you better than me in that tournament? Absolutely! However, time has given me the experience that I need to fight efficiently. PvP is not static - one month you may be considered an amazing player and then the next month another player might have devised a new strategy/tactic to trump yours.

Secondly, back then I beg to differ. Because of the fact that crit was an even lower chance, that made critical more vital. If you didn't crit but your opponent did, that would determine the match. This is evidenced in rogue twinking as well. Rogue vs. Rogue will always be dumb luck with a minuscule amount of skill involved.

Anyways, my point was that Falmear should respect Madnex's skills as a sorcerer because when Madnex was geared out, he was perhaps one of the hardest sorcerers I've ever fought.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-29-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'd happily compare myself to Madnex. You can say whatever you want about my skills or one tournament match but last season I was able to get on the TDM LB & banner with basically only one season of PvP in TDM. Get over 10k PvP kills (warmonger) in just one season and all without the usually ganging, tank stacking, pet spamming, spot blocking & naked toon farming that many "top" guilds were doing and probably are still doing. And most of that was with no backup what so ever and guildless for a large part of it. I'm not going to pass myself off as the best because there are many others better then me at PvP. That being said everything I previously said is correct and more then enough people agree with me. Check out post #59 vs #50. GG.
    TDM LB banner is literally nothing. Most of the matches in TDM are undergeared players. In TDM, I can rack up 100 kills in 15 minutes. Now, multiply that by time needed. Pretty easy, right?

Additionally, not everything you previously said is correct. In your skill suggestions, you want your roots back. That's fine for 1-2 skills because then that gives you a window of opportunity for juggernaut or razor shield to wear off. However, anything more than that? You have got to be kidding me! You really want more skills to counter movement impairment skills that only last 5-7 seconds?
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-29-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Lol@pvp
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

What I am trying to say is not an invalid argument. The rogue I was back than in the original CTF tournament was a very different rogue than the rogue I am now. I'll be the first to admit that I was not very good back then. I don't think I stood out much from other rogue players. The original tournament was lost due to inexperience on my part and lack of coordination. So, were you better than me in that tournament? Absolutely! However, time has given me the experience that I need to fight efficiently. PvP is not static - one month you may be considered an amazing player and then the next month another player might have devised a new strategy/tactic to trump yours.

Secondly, back then I beg to differ. Because of the fact that crit was an even lower chance, that made critical more vital. If you didn't crit but your opponent did, that would determine the match. This is evidenced in rogue twinking as well. Rogue vs. Rogue will always be dumb luck with a minuscule amount of skill involved.

Anyways, my point was that Falmear should respect Madnex's skills as a sorcerer because when Madnex was geared out, he was perhaps one of the hardest sorcerers I've ever fought.
    Look i was there, he did nothing wrong. The opponent teams mage got the countdown of pain subskill on his timeshift, we curse him and he died asap. Then they teammates told him that, so he made a respec for the second round. But with your logic he must be a better player because they won the match.
    That lost was more because of our 2 sorcerer lineup (rogues can return faster after death), and the wrong defensive tactic after our winning position, nothing to do with personal skills.

Anyway, i like madnex suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Mages < Rogues for damage

Mages > Rogues for mana

Mages < Rogues for dps

Mages < Or = Rogues for armor

Mages < Rogues for health

Mages > Warriors for Damage

Mages > Warriors for dps

Mages > Warriors for mana

Mages < Warriors for health

Mages < Warriors for armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Look i was there, he did nothing wrong. The opponent teams mage got the countdown of pain subskill on his timeshift, we curse him and he died asap. Then they teammates told him that, so he made a respec for the second round. But with your logic he must be a better player because they won the match.
    That lost was more because of our 2 sorcerer lineup (rogues can return faster after death), and the wrong defensive tactic after our winning position, nothing to do with personal skills.

Anyway, i like madnex suggestions.
    Yes, if he was able to adapt and overcome - it does make him the better player. After all, isn't that what PvP is? Finding out new ways to trump your opponent? I just pointed it out that he shouldn't be commenting when I and many others can attest to Madnex's superb sorcerer skills.

Anyways, back to the topic:

What do mages think about shield granting a stun immunity on top of shield's existing defenses. This would allow mages to avoid stuns and in turn dish out more damage + kite. Isn't the real problem this cap anyways that the mages are getting stunned far more? Let me know what you think.

Additionally, as mentioned before, lowering the shield cooldown time would also be beneficial. Lets face it, shield really only lasts 2-3 aimed shots. So, the cooldown is ridiculous for the amount of time the shield actually lasts. Therefore, 20-25 second cooldown is a reasonable shield time.