Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP. What's the big fuss?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PVP is gonna be so awesome. i am just dying to see how it unfolds. of course there is going to be some imbalance but if the devs have proved one thing is they heavily focus on balance across the board. Judging by the sneak peak videos they have some tricks up the 'ol pvp sleeve too. so many ways this could go.

cant wait to see an opposing team of nothing but pure dex archers spewing arrows like wildfire and having to figure out how to beat them.

cant wait to see a really skilled healer with full mambozas cock blocking any damage i try to do lol.

cant wait to see two well synced warriors stunning an yoyoing a full group while the archers pick them off like fish in a barrel.

PVP plz!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MYBOWJERKS View Post
    You say pvp gets old fast? Look at a world of Warcraft or runescape, I'm pretty sure there's a hella amount of pvpers that do the same thing over and over again. You gonna think.
    PVE: you killing the exact same monsters over and over again, once u get the best gear, it gets quite boring..
    PVP: I get it, you do the exact same thing, but on the other hand, you have to react to what the other team is doing. You play a different combination of players everygame, making you have to play differently.. You really have to try pvp before you say this. Once you pvp, you get thrill of being on top. It's much different then doing the same arena over and over again.. You have to actually work with your teamates too unlike pve

Just sayin^^
    theres MMOs that should be dead by now, but have been going on for years past their sell by date, due to firstly their community and secondly PVP

pvp is a major aspect in a MMO, seriously all pocket legends has right now is constantly farming for loot, seriously is this fun? for a bit it may be but seriously, PVP is a means to prolong game enjoyment and time invested

you should be happy spacetime have decided to do these big changes to their game, its a sign of progress
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    There is no loot with pvp
    We don't know if there will be pvp awards eventuallly or not. Many mmorpgs first indroduce pvp, and then add lot rewards later.

I get pvp isn't your thing and there is no reason for people to get down on you for it. That Being said most of us are very excited for pvp, and there is very little interest in that excitement being tempered by players who have yet to experience it show there disintrest for pvp.
    Quite frankly pve and pvp are both great on mmorpgs, but in PL the PVE is very very easy now. Most mmos have very difficult end game content with bosses that take weeks to months to be able to learn how to defeat. For pl, pvp will create a challenge that doesn't exist in pve.

It's almost always harder to fight a player 1v1 that a npc, and until there is a boss that takes 10-20 people atleat 10 minutes to beat.. Pvp is going to be where players define themselves, ad find the hardest challenges.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that PVP and Leaderboard are the Souls of a MMORPG like PL
    Ajeje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pvp sounds like it'll get old fast, and based purely on luck. Everyones sporting the new pink gear and what ever, so it all depends on your luck finding the good drops, then if you have the same stats and gear and all that, what's gonna help you win?

Luck.

I don't see what skill this requires and it's why I don't think pvp is all that serious to be celebrating about. Yes it's cool and something new, but come on.

Tone it down a notch people. It's not that s e r i o u s.
    Ok first of all I'd like to say that im completely annoyed by reading through this threads 5 pages and your stuuupid little posts. RedRyder you're the most rediculous kid I've seen on this game so far... You disgust me more than anything, and thats coming from Salad Fingers.... You honestly need to uninstall PL cause you don't even deserve to be a member. Im sad you have even wasted the money on it that you have. The Devs don't do their work for people like you, you're not worth the money.

Second....Thank you Devs, you're doing the best job I have ever seen on any game in my life....CONSTANTLY bringing us the most amazing content making me happier than any game ever has. I LOVE how every time I even open the game I see those two red bars load up sooo amazingly fast and I immediately close it and check the site's patch notes like its my 5th birthday again. I have dropped every online game for this 2 finger (unless im picking my nose) adventure. Pvp is definately one of the biggest things to me on most MMOs I have played, and it being added to this game was just not even possible in my mind when I first started playing. I can only appreciate every little change happening in this game, although things like bouncing through the wall to farm all bosses at once was fun for 2 weeks, yes it needed to end and I'm glad I got to be a part of the groups doing it. Omfg im just goin on and on xD I JUST LOVE POCKET LEGENDS!!!! RR, go uninstall you stupid fat little child, or just keep joining the PVP matches and failing till you QQ all over your screen cause you can't figure out why you cant hit people and you keep getting stunned or can't catch ppl around corners. Pvp will be perfect, and in no way based on luck, you have to be completely stupid to think so....Orrr just bad and scared to sit in the sun for some good ping.

Anyway I gtg I have a tea party to attend to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salad Fingers View Post
    ....Orrr just bad and scared to sit in the sun for some good ping.
    Overall I think your post is rude and inappropriate, but I have to say, I started laughing uncontrollably on a crowded bus when I read this part... Hahahahhahahahahaha!
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

RR, go uninstall you stupid fat little child, or just keep joining the PVP matches and failing till you QQ all over your screen cause you can't figure out why you cant hit people and you keep getting stunned or can't catch ppl around corners. Pvp will be perfect, and in no way based on luck, you have to be completely stupid to think so....Orrr just bad and scared to sit in the sun for some good ping.
    srsly, isn't this juz a bit too rude??? and besides how old are you?? o.O err... 50 or somethin'?? (that's for saying that Red is a 'KID' coz as far as we know he is definitely not! so it means u must be rly old for thinking he is xP) get a grip dude...

well as for me, i'm lookin' forward to pvp, but not all crazy 'bout it, i juz need to do something other than farming Lebow (since forgm has been moved)... coz its getting sorta boring... :P

<!>I'm jUz A kId<!>
    Last edited by DandyValkAiz; 05-20-2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
    BelleDandy: lvl 35, Enchantress
    JValkyrie: lvl 31, Archer
    AizAizBaby: lvl 35, Warrior

All in Alterra! <3~Rawr!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ignore SaladFingers.

Obviously he be trollin'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Up the antie

I say up the antie a little. Make it matter. Make it count. when you die you lose some of your gold to the other player, or maybe you have to put some cash in at the begining that gets distributed evenly to the winning team. Maybe you randomly lose one of the items you own. Maybe the winning team gets exp and the losers get nothing. I think this would make the game play more interesting. What do others think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All I hear is everyone raving about pvp coming and how the game needed pvp.
    I think pvp is obsolete compared to the coming updates.
    I honestly think guilds and quests and maybe even pets will be the highlight of the updates.

Pvp sounds like it'll get old fast, and based purely on luck. Everyones sporting the new pink gear and what ever, so it all depends on your luck finding the good drops, then if you have the same stats and gear and all that, what's gonna help you win?

Luck.

I don't see what skill this requires and it's why I don't think pvp is all that serious to be celebrating about. Yes it's cool and something new, but come on.

Tone it down a notch people. It's not that s e r i o u s.

I'll probably get flames but idc.
    Who agrees with me? I known I can't be the only one
    agreed....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like it so that if you win the PVP battle, you get some sort of token or so...and the losing team doesn't get any. And with the tokens you receive from the PVP, you should be able to purchase legendary items like WOW
    Kamja =Bear Revu =Healchantress Kokuma = ranger all 35 on Alt
    Proud Venom Applicant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok first of all I'd like to say that im completely annoyed by reading through this threads 5 pages and your stuuupid little posts. RedRyder you're the most rediculous kid I've seen on this game so far... You disgust me more than anything, and thats coming from Salad Fingers.... You honestly need to uninstall PL cause you don't even deserve to be a member. Im sad you have even wasted the money on it that you have. The Devs don't do their work for people like you, you're not worth the money.

Second....Thank you Devs, you're doing the best job I have ever seen on any game in my life....CONSTANTLY bringing us the most amazing content making me happier than any game ever has. I LOVE how every time I even open the game I see those two red bars load up sooo amazingly fast and I immediately close it and check the site's patch notes like its my 5th birthday again. I have dropped every online game for this 2 finger (unless im picking my nose) adventure. Pvp is definately one of the biggest things to me on most MMOs I have played, and it being added to this game was just not even possible in my mind when I first started playing. I can only appreciate every little change happening in this game, although things like bouncing through the wall to farm all bosses at once was fun for 2 weeks, yes it needed to end and I'm glad I got to be a part of the groups doing it. Omfg im just goin on and on xD I JUST LOVE POCKET LEGENDS!!!! RR, go uninstall you stupid fat little child, or just keep joining the PVP matches and failing till you QQ all over your screen cause you can't figure out why you cant hit people and you keep getting stunned or can't catch ppl around corners. Pvp will be perfect, and in no way based on luck, you have to be completely stupid to think so....Orrr just bad and scared to sit in the sun for some good ping.

people have opinions, the one acting childish is yourself, MMO have people who enjoy either PVE or PVP or even both, maybe the OP doesnt enjoy PVP as much as PVE. but this is his opinion, that being said theres still alot of us who need pvp
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Its time for this thread to be locked

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone has there own preference when it comes to MMO games. PvP just adds another dynamic part to an already epic game. People need to step back and take a deep breathe. Play the game to enjoy yourself and have fun playing with others. One last thing, do not judge something until you have tried it for yourself.

You stay classy forums!
    Brollus - Warrior - Alterra
    Guild Member of Venom
    http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PVP is almost an entirely different game. If you have no experience playing a PVP MMORPG, then you really have no basis for comparison, or even have an basic concept of what PVP gameplay entails. That's fine... when it comes out, you will learn. You may find out that you love it... or you may discover that you hate it. Comparing PVE to PVP is apples to oranges... they really are two entirely different animals.

Personally, PVE interests me very little. I get bored with it very quickly... there is just not the same challenge there. It is in the nature of the genre to lose the challenge, because electronic opponents do not evolve or respond. Even with fantastic AI, once you discover a winning strategy, you can generally employ that same strategy over and over again. Not so with PVP. When you discover a winning strategy, it works for a while until your opponents discover a way to counter that strategy. Then you have to come up with a way to counter the new strategy. On and on it goes, in an endless chess match of gaming evolution. To me, that is hugely more entertaining than a mindless grind farming swamps.

Furthermore, it gives purpose to my PVE experience. Why do I want better equipment, better drops? So i can fare better against the real challenge - a human opponent. Why do I want to hit the level cap? So I can compete against players at the top level.

The same goes for the other releases RedRyder is so hyped about. Guilds are going to be awesome. Why? Because guilds give a natural way for better group formation, which leads to better PVP groups. Auctions are going to be epic as well. Why? Because it gives a better way to acquire gear for PVP.

PVP is not for everyone. Many will prefer the predictability of PVE gameplay. That's fine... this game is for entertainment. But for those of us who desire a real challenge... you will only ever find the height of that in PVP. And in truth, if you have never done it, you really have no credibility to slam it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarii View Post
    PVP is not for everyone. Many will prefer the predictability of PVE gameplay. That's fine... this game is for entertainment. But for those of us who desire a real challenge... you will only ever find the height of that in PVP. And in truth, if you have never done it, you really have no credibility to slam it.
    GG to whole post. RR is sad and shouldnt even have the right to have the first thread on the page with such a BS post, it totally turns ppl away from PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DEVS Please close thread, it's gone off topic.

(Thread Closed) Please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should probably care less about what other people think, Salad Fingers, it makes life a lot more difficult. Some people like PvP, others don't, and it's a lot easier to worry about what you like than what other people like. If you disagree with someone, you don't have to be a total a-hole about it. People are entitled to their own opinions.

And actually, this thread hasn't gone off topic, it's still pretty much about the "big fuss" involving PvP and your apparent hatred of RedRyder (and people's reaction to this seemingly unwarranted hatred). But I guess it would be nice if people didn't see your reaction to this thread. Wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression about you, would we?

Devs: Perhaps this thread should be locked up to prevent any further personal attacks due to the free sharing of personal opinions.
    Last edited by HectorCruz; 05-21-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Are you freaking kidding me? You need to relax your Fu**ing nerves. Idk you to be calling me disgusting and saying all this sh*t when it's obvious that I'm not even active in this thread anymore then u wanna talk all this smack. I'm no kid I'm 20, you're probably the kid. People have their tastes and pvp isn't my prefference. I didn't bash pvp nor stated I was against it, just shared my opinions and said it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

I even said I'd TRY it first and would gladly eat my words if spacetimestudios blew my mind with this.
    I'm FAR from fat, my pictures even up on the picture thread in gen. Disscusion. You on the other hand sound like u have NO social life always playing this game by the sounds of it. I can't step out in the sun and play cause the SUN doesn't provide wifi. I'm not one to get at people like this but u bashed on me for absolutely no good reason, the way some teenager would going through puberty in highschool.

Hope you enjoyed your tea party fruitcake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guess this thread is getting locked. Wonder if it explained the big fuss?
    Syacoff - lvl 35 Archer - Alterra
    Sahdatay - lvl 35 Bowchantress - Alterra
    Thumbo - lvl 10 Bearzerker (Leaving him low on purpose. Wanna check out low lvl PvP too)