Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to rebalance almost EVERY pvp lvl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default How to rebalance almost EVERY pvp lvl

Im not sure if stg can do this but I think I found a good way to stop hax dodges, beckon stomp kills and all that pvp unbalance.

So basically, the idea is to make dodge and crit out of something higher then 100%. For example, if a bear has 70 dodge buffed, he would have a 7/10 chance of dodging. But if we found a way to make crit and dodge out of lets say 120% at lvls with 9 skills(65+), a bear would have a 7/12 chance to dodge a skill instead of a 7/10 chance therefore being reduced, same thing goes for critical. In return though, UNDO the 2013 nerf to restore lvls lower then 51. To prevent 2 shot kills, at lvls with 9 skills ONLY do a 10-25% dmg nerf. This also helps lvls like 61 with 6 skills to fight lvl 66s with 9 skills.

Other things to keep in mind IF the 2013 nerf is undone.
    - Mages 60 crit buff
    - Bears 60 dmg buff
    - Foxes and rhinos need upgrading
    - Birds hit % from focus, make it like 15 dmg instead of 30 hit, dex birds at 51 alone already have 130% hit base.

This is just a IDEA it might bit work, but this is something I think can fix pl pvp. I think if it works it could fix all the pvp unbalance and even bring old players back.
    Last edited by Impact; 07-31-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Lol is this a joke. You want to make percentages meaningless and higher skills half as strong
    ign ALLHAILBOSS

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Even if this is done 51 bears and savage bears will still have high dodge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ign Boss View Post
    Lol is this a joke. You want to make percentages meaningless and higher skills half as strong
    Ofc woukd u rather a bear dodge 7/10 times or 7/12 times, so 70% dodge or 58%? Also this is to avoid beckon stomp kills.
    Last edited by Impact; 07-31-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

U got the point, same as I suggested somewhere to squeeze (compress) these percentage values.

But u know they locked the bigger nob room and thrown the key in sea,,, so don't expect anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ok just to start off, ily. I didn't know if anyone else had my same opinions. All i usually get is "cry".

About the dodge thing, 7/12 is better than 7/10, but seriously? You have more than half probablility to dodge something??? That's insane!! What i think is sts should take out bear's dodge buff and replace it with another slash or something. That dodge buff makes 51+ bears EXTREMELY op. Mages literally don't have a chance.

Bird needs an un nerf. The dodge is what they need to survive, and if you take that away, you have a sucky class. However, endgame birds from what i gather are very op. to solve this, nerf the buffs only at 7+, so birds are less op.

Finally, rhinos. Rhinos don't need an unnerf. They're fine how they are now. Foxes need an unnerf though. They die so easily at high and low levels. Basically, if they get hsed or cb'd, they're done for. Their damage is gone.

Ty for agreeing with me, but i highly doubt sts cares what we say. Samhayne wont even post to reassure us that they're trying, WHICH THEY AREN'T. Spacetime, show us you're listening! Actually follow up on our suggestions for once! Maybe even un nerf some select weapons that were fun! (Fbow , even though most people say they're op, they were cheap, and you needed skill to win fights. What i think is that sts should introduce forgotten talons, wands and swords (1h). That would be frickin awesome!!

Finally, ADD EMOJI SUPPORT! THAT WOULD BE EPIC! I LUV EMOJIS!!! 😄😃😀😊☺😉😘😚😗😙😜😝😛😁😱😂😎😋👳

End rant.

~Depury
    I AM..... Depury | Hammerologist | Mydadsapizza | Lvlbearz | Lvlbatti | Lvlflight | Dished | Rhinotacular | Truesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Foxes and Rhino are strong enough at low lvl right now a lvl 22 Fox destroyes lower lvls and for a 16-20 Rhino Str or Dex they are very good with 5-6 Heal

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Depury View Post
    Ok just to start off, ily. I didn't know if anyone else had my same opinions. All i usually get is "cry".

About the dodge thing, 7/12 is better than 7/10, but seriously? You have more than half probablility to dodge something??? That's insane!! What i think is sts should take out bear's dodge buff and replace it with another slash or something. That dodge buff makes 51+ bears EXTREMELY op. Mages literally don't have a chance.

Bird needs an un nerf. The dodge is what they need to survive, and if you take that away, you have a sucky class. However, endgame birds from what i gather are very op. to solve this, nerf the buffs only at 7+, so birds are less op.

Finally, rhinos. Rhinos don't need an unnerf. They're fine how they are now. Foxes need an unnerf though. They die so easily at high and low levels. Basically, if they get hsed or cb'd, they're done for. Their damage is gone.

Ty for agreeing with me, but i highly doubt sts cares what we say. Samhayne wont even post to reassure us that they're trying, WHICH THEY AREN'T. Spacetime, show us you're listening! Actually follow up on our suggestions for once! Maybe even un nerf some select weapons that were fun! (Fbow , even though most people say they're op, they were cheap, and you needed skill to win fights. What i think is that sts should introduce forgotten talons, wands and swords (1h). That would be frickin awesome!!

Finally, ADD EMOJI SUPPORT! THAT WOULD BE EPIC! I LUV EMOJIS!!! ��������☺����������������������������

End rant.

~Depury
    Ok, unerfing fbows will just cause trouble, and pvp will be unbalanced since people aren't using anything ither than a fbow, introducing 1 handed versions will make things worse, secondly sts do care about what we say, they are just busy. I'm not being mean but some things you said arent right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armourslash View Post
    Ok, unerfing fbows will just cause trouble, and pvp will be unbalanced since people aren't using anything ither than a fbow, introducing 1 handed versions will make things worse, secondly sts do care about what we say, they are just busy. I'm not being mean but some things you said arent right.
    it won't cause trouble. a lot of the crying about fbows was coming from noobs and people who lost in fbow fights. also, paw>fbow. if paw was unnerfed too there would be no unbalance
    I AM..... Depury | Hammerologist | Mydadsapizza | Lvlbearz | Lvlbatti | Lvlflight | Dished | Rhinotacular | Truesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Dep,
    Fbow took more skill then the pvp now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Dep,
    ikr... do or die

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I see the concept, but still a 58% dodge chance is still way too high. 30% chance should be the max dodge any class can have, honestly.

But still, what if players find ways to push through that limit of dodge/crit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I see the concept, but still a 58% dodge chance is still way too high. 30% chance should be the max dodge any class can have, honestly.

But still, what if players find ways to push through that limit of dodge/crit?
    Ghost, if 30 dodge should be the max, wouldn't mages, a class that requires no dodge but heal and ms have a HUGE advantage?

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I gave up wanting a rebalance ages ago...

The chances of PL community learning to hax and change 51+ chars into bears seems more realistic than this rebalance.

That'll be so fun. -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Dep,
    No it doesnt lol, fbow was whoever got blind proc first wins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    Back then forg was cheap, anyone could buy it and compete with anyone as long as you were skilled, now its what class you are and how rich you are for some lvls.

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

uhhhhh well thats wrong at 10-20 (the only lvl i really did pre nerf)

fb was all based on if you hit crits, no matter if you hit 2 debuffs in a row, when somebody 3 hits you your screwed.. no?
    hence why majority of ppl that were good with fb maxed out crit and often had 85-90% hit, so saying that it was dependant on debuffs is wrong unless (very unlikely) you had a prolonged fight which you managed to survive the first stomp sms, then you would have a 50/50 chance of winning depending on who hit next (cos there was so many misses after stomp debuff).

and for mages fb didnt really have much of a bearing on at 10-20 despite what ppl say, chunker was op, with 5/6 fire & 5/6 heal you could screw fb ppl over (if you knew how to kite).

for bird fb fights were basically based on dodge, clever roots, clever repulsing (18-20) and in general knowing you ranges.

and as a base rule, if you had founders, you were op.

thats basically pre nerf low level as i knew it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like how everyone forgot to mention that the lvl 20 rhino 3 set hammer does as much auto damage as a freakin iceberg 2h...honestly that is the only reason you ONLY see 20 rhinos in pvp low lvl. They are impossible to kill unless you run their mana, but even then they just swap to a super tanky set with alch on and just cycle theit buffs until they get that crit for 150+ that kills mages. Not saying rhinos are op, im saying nerf the hammer damage by maybe 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    Solution! Unnerf the damage but take the proc out... It's still pretty dragoning annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Etarbitrev View Post
    uhhhhh well thats wrong at 10-20 (the only lvl i really did pre nerf)

fb was all based on if you hit crits, no matter if you hit 2 debuffs in a row, when somebody 3 hits you you're* screwed.. no?
    hence why majority of ppl that were good with fb maxed out crit and often had 85-90% hit, so saying that it was dependant on debuffs is wrong unless (very unlikely) you had a prolonged fight which you managed to survive the first stomp sms, then you would have a 50/50 chance of winning depending on who hit next (cos there was so many misses after stomp debuff).

and for mages fb didnt really have much of a bearing on at 10-20 despite what ppl say, chunker was op, with 5/6 fire & 5/6 heal you could screw fb ppl over (if you knew how to kite).

for bird fb fights were basically based on dodge, clever roots, clever repulsing (18-20) and in general knowing you ranges.

and as a base rule, if you had founders, you were op.

thats basically pre nerf low level as i knew it.
    SPELL "YOU'RE" RIGHT VERT UMAHGAWD

I thought we were friends :'(