Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Visit Paracelsus the Alchemist to Start the Undead Whelp Crafting Quest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    Attachment 99693

You know the answer to this question
    That's funny seems like not many caught that. =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    Any elite mob?
    All I know is that they drop in elite shuyal.
    I assume just all mobs there?
    Last edited by Cray; 07-31-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

]Regarding Singe & Shady 'n Surge[/B]

As discussed in previous threads, balance changes will be coming for these pets soon. We will update the announcements section as more information becomes available. Thanks![/QUOTE]

What about balancing the other arcane pets like hammerjaw and glacian to be more on par w/ shady and surge/samael/nekro/singe?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I thought I would get a parchment after killing an elite boss - WRONG!

I asked someone why I didn't get a parchment and they replied 'it's a super rare drop' -_- not a guaranteed drop!

Fossil rare in lockeds, parchments rare after defeating elite bosses.....erm..... Nekro nerfed heavily, not worth the hassle for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    I thought I would get a parchment after killing an elite boss - WRONG!

I asked someone why I didn't get a parchment and they replied 'it's a super rare drop' -_- not a guaranteed drop!

Fossil rare in lockeds, parchments rare after defeating elite bosses.....erm..... Nekro nerfed heavily, not worth the hassle for me.
    lol and I just assumed there won't be any notif for the parchment, didn't know it's another rare drop...o.O
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Changes to SnS? Is this technical glitch fixes or nerfs? If nerfs, please don't believe the exaggerations - it's not an OP pet anymore than Samael could be considered an OP pet. It has many weaknesses & let downs.

Additionally, we've already either ran the event or paid for the pet. It would be highly unfair to nerf it now.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Visit Paracelsus the Alchemist to Start the Undead Whelp Crafting Quest!

Hahaha what a joke....
    I'm just gonna farm Km3 for locks and sell them. Get a heap of gold and not have to worry about the quest.
    When the announcement came out most people thought that they had a chance of finally getting an arcane pet. Obviously this was not the case. Now the rich get richer end of story.
    I suggest to everyone don't top-up don't give them what they want untill the give us what we want... A FAIR GO!
    I'm not gonna quit the game over this, that's just an over reaction! But I'm definatly not gonna put my time and money into a game that doesn't give back to the poorer players.
    Rant over!!
    Last edited by CptAwsome; 07-31-2014 at 05:59 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CptAwsome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Visit Paracelsus the Alchemist to Start the Undead Whelp Crafting Quest!

It wont be a nerf to SnS i hope prolly just that pvp kill fix

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Once again you don't listen to us less fortunate non plat players not a lot of people are happy with this id rather have singe as a component because then I wouldnt have to open locks to get him. Very low and not worth it and I am not wasting my time farming these shards for a stupid recipe thanks arcane wasting my time

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

For those who wonder why everything is not droppable, watch the ectoplasm price and enlighten yourself.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    For those who wonder why everything is not droppable, watch the ectoplasm price and enlighten yourself.
    So what's your point? The vials are as meaningless as drakin teeth. The main ingredient is the arcane fossil. Fair value for a vial should be less than 30k so the drop in price is no surprise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

So then the recipe should require 100 vials of ectoplasm. That would keep it rare enough. In about 4 hours of everyone farming for this item, there were about 10-15 of them found.

You can always have everything droppable. In most MMOs, the best items are crafted and require a ton of crafting items, all of which are droppable. Somehow they still end up somewhat rare. Do you think MMOs that have a monthly subscription and no "locked crates" end up with nothing at all being rare? That is not the case. Even in Pocket Legends there were plenty of rare items, and everything was farmed in that game with no locked crates. Remember 56 glyph items (before they increased the drop rates)? There were so few they sold for 10-20m each item.

Do you really think there are more drops coming from elite bosses than crates being opened? Most plat players open more crates in 5 minutes than they have done elite runs in the past 5 months.

Also, the main reason why the price of the ectoplasm will be so low is NOT because they are common, but because they are useless. You cannot do anything with them unless you have the arcane crafting item. And because they will limit the arcane item even more, most of the ectoplasm vials will go unused and eventually it will be a worthless item. Both supply and demand determine price, and there will be little supply, but even less demand, so the price will drop.

If the ectoplasm was the only limiting factor in crafting Nekro, they would be selling for huge money each and would get bought up the second they were listed in the auction. They would be like glyph steels used to be in PL.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-31-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

is that quest permanent?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So then the recipe should require 100 vials of ectoplasm. That would keep it rare enough. In about 4 hours of everyone farming for this item, there were about 10-15 of them found.

You can always have everything droppable. In most MMOs, the best items are crafted and require a ton of crafting items, all of which are droppable. Somehow they still end up somewhat rare. Do you think MMOs that have a monthly subscription and no "locked crates" end up with nothing at all being rare? That is not the case. Even in Pocket Legends there were plenty of rare items, and everything was farmed in that game with no locked crates. Remember 56 glyph items (before they increased the drop rates)? There were so few they sold for 10-20m each item.

Do you really think there are more drops coming from elite bosses than crates being opened? Most plat players open more crates in 5 minutes than they have done elite runs in the past 5 months.

Also, the main reason why the price of the ectoplasm will be so low is NOT because they are common, but because they are useless. You cannot do anything with them unless you have the arcane crafting item. And because they will limit the arcane item even more, most of the ectoplasm vials will go unused and eventually it will be a worthless item.
    I did not even check the price and have no idea what it is doing. But from what you are saying the chance of getting 15 of an item from elites dwarfs the chance of getting one item from locks. Almost like the number of players farming elites dwarfs the number of players opening locks.
    Oh, and glyph steel?
    That would sell for 5K at most in AL. Welcome to the world of more players with more time.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

That would sell for 5K at most in AL. Welcome to the world of more players with more time.
    Stating that more players would cause prices to fall shows a lack of understanding of economics. Adding extra population does not only increase the supply of an item being farmed, but it also increases the demand for the item as many of those extra players also buy items, they don't only sell them.

Supply and demand are both affected proportionally when you add extra population. The only thing that would cause prices to be lower is if the drop rate was increased, or if fewer of these "extra" players would be buying the item. So far nothing I have seen shows this to be the case. All indications are that players who farm and sell the items they farm, then take the gold and use it to buy items too.

Also, rarity goes by percentage, not by total. So if a game is 10 times as large as another, then for an item to be of equal rarity, there would be 10 times as many in the one game compared to the other.

What STS is doing with the locked crates is making sure that the supply of the arcane item is lower than the supply of the ectoplasm. They are doing this by controlling the drop rates. The reason they want this is to create more demand for the arcane item so people open locked crates. If they made the ectoplasm rate much lower than the arcane item, then the arcane item would be the one dropping in price while the ectoplasm would stay super expensive. But they don't want that because they want people opening locked crates.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-31-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Supply and demand are both affected proportionally when you add extra population.
    Adding consumers will increase demand, producers will increase supply. You could argue consumers and producers can be the same ...

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Adding consumers will increase demand, producers will increase supply. You could argue consumers and producers can be the same ...
    I edited/added to my post above, please read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

BTW, consumers and producers are ALWAYS the same in this game since this is a closed economy. People are not coming to AL, farming for items, selling those items, and then taking the gold and leaving and using it elsewhere. For every penny people make by farming in this game (i.e. "producers"), they are then spending that gold on buying items (i.e. "consumers"). They are one and the same. So increasing the game population has no effect on item rarity or on item prices. Drop rates control that.

If a recipe requires 5 items, and one of them is more rare than the others, then there will be leftover of the 4 non-rare items and they will continue to drop in price until they are no longer more common than the rarer item. So ectoplasm will continue to drop in price until people stop farming for it, and then the price will level off at the point where the supply of them equals the required amount needed to craft with the supply of arcane items being looted.

If ectoplasm was the ONLY crafting item, then demand would be huge, and supply would be the only limitation, and with a very rare drop rate, Nekro would still be rare. We saw that in PL with glyph steels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

every penny people make by farming in this game (i.e. "producers"), they are then spending that gold on buying items (i.e. "consumers").
    What have you produced and what have you consumed?
    Are you producing items others can not produce? If so, you are also consuming items others can not afford.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

What have you produced and what have you consumed?
    Are you producing items others can not produce? If so, you are also consuming items others can not afford.
    No, and no. Everyone can produce (i.e. farm) and consume (i.e. buy) the same items. Increasing the game's population increases both the demand and supply proportionally, so the size of the player base does not affect prices at all. If Pocket Legends had 10m players, glyph steels would still cost 300k.