Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are Devs Lazy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Are Devs Lazy?

the L77 set is the just the l22 set but blue. the whole map is just a copy of sandstone caves. are they lazy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

They can't devote time into a complete 5-level expansion because it isn't smart marketing. We suggested that instead of an all in expansion, we would appreciate a "mini" expansion.

Be greatful for what you got, we're pretty lucky they even considered doing a mini expansion.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 125mrbear:1759573
    the L77 set is the just the l22 set but blue. the whole map is just a copy of sandstone caves. are they lazy?
    Taking the time and effort to give us a little something that doesn't benefit them from a business standpoint is lazy? I call that devotion and dedication to their fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 125mrbear View Post
    So them making Forest Haven, Dark Forest, Balefort Castle, Fathon Crypts, Sandstone Caves, The Lost Expedition, Ancient Swamps, Alien Oasis Parts I, II, and III, Shadow Caves, Balefort Sewers, Nuri's Hallows, Isle of Humania, and Blacksmoke Mountain is lazy?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to snowfu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Lol. You're not entitled to criticize the new cap. A few months ago when players begged for a cap, we were given the response of basically in a 5 point explanation the word "no". So this new opportunity for players to receive the 2-piece and 3-piece rings as well as a new pet and supposedly better sets. (Not so sure on that one. Current 75 bow debuffs your own armor). But overall the expansion of 1 level equals the love and dedication to the players of Pocket Legends from the Devs up in Spacetime. So get off your greedy behind and start thanking them you bum.
    Last edited by Chicken Fry; 07-31-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Alterra's best voted chef and meme creator

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chicken Fry For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Fry View Post
    Lol. You're not entitled to criticize the new cap. A few months ago when players begged for a cap, we were given the response of basically in a 5 point explanation the word "no". So this new opportunity for players to receive the 2-piece ring as well as a new pet and supposedly better sets. (Not so sure on that one. Current 75 bow debuffs your own armor). But overall the expansion of 1 level equals the love and dedication to the players of Pocket Legends from the Devs up in Spacetime. So get off your greedy behind and start thanking them you bum.

I like you. I dont even care that it is 300k to get to 77 (well, maybe a little), but for taking their time and money to create an expansion for a so called dying game, is worth applauding for. Thanks a lot StG and I mean it with every word.

And I can be quite sure that the stats will be boosted if anything to make them more viable and better than blacksmoke pinks. Dont be greedy is all i gotta say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

The expansion means that STS still cares about PL, so u should be thanking them, not complaining like little kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Fry View Post
    Lol. You're not entitled to criticize the new cap. A few months ago when players begged for a cap, we were given the response of basically in a 5 point explanation the word "no". So this new opportunity for players to receive the 2-piece ring as well as a new pet and supposedly better sets. (Not so sure on that one. Current 75 bow debuffs your own armor). But overall the expansion of 1 level equals the love and dedication to the players of Pocket Legends from the Devs up in Spacetime. So get off your greedy behind and start thanking them you bum.
    This is true. The level 75 bows you are using right now are a SCALED uncraftable versions of the L77 Ferocious Blackstone Bow. To compare a crafted Swift Recurve bow or Elite Phoenix bow to the new pinks, you need to look at the crafted Lustrous Bow of Earthen Fury. It has better stats than those of the former weapons.
    But as of right now, of course, a Swift set will be superior to the scaled level 75 versions of these new pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

This expansion is really a good thing for us. But you must admit that this new stuff is: 1st. As balanced as 75 stuff
    2nd. Recycled items
    3rd. They have a big lack of charisma! ( well, this is my own opinion )

Im happy to have this new expansion btw, even if ill dont enjoy it.
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Mr. bear,

I am thrilled that you care enough about one of our games to want more. Thanks.

As to the question you pose, I would have to answer: no. I have the joy and sincere pleasure to go to work each day with some of the most hard working and creative people in the gaming industry. We are a small company and I think we do pretty well with what we have. Of course, that is my opinion, but we are all entitled to have one, yes?

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    Last edited by Samhayne; 07-31-2014 at 09:30 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Mr. bear,

I am thrilled that you care enough about one of our games to want more. Thanks.

As to the question you pose, I would have to answer: no. I have the joy and sincere pleasure to go to work each day with some of the most hard working and creative people in the gaming industry. We are a small company and I think we do pretty well with what we have. Of course, that is my opinion, but we are all entitled to have one, yes?

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    You guys should be thankful that Sts took the time to even make a cap for us, they could have simply just not made a cap and ignored PL, but they actually made a new cap for us. After this all they get is complaint after complaint, why would they bother making any more content if this is all they get. I thank you samhayne for actually making something new and fun for the game unlike some other people
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 125mrbear View Post
    Lol @ you

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Covert For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covert View Post
    Lol @ you
    Ikr
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

My first reaction after i played the new expansion was pretty much the same as OPs. Even the enemy placement is the same. Thing is, you don't even have to play the new exp if you don't want to, you can just level up in bsm. But, still, i have to thank the devs for giving us more to do and add a new cap. They took their time to provide us with another expansion and thats what counts. So thank you again! Look at the bright side, to some players, who never played sandstone caves, this will be totally new.

That Atlantis expansion from fan art looks good tho. Maybe in the next update. When is it btw? Kidding kidding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

idc i just want the 2pc ring for extra sparkles ! tysm for the new cap sts !

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

What is the 4th art of war law? One must know thyself and reflect upon his sins. Do that, stg are hardworking people, just becos they are inundanguated in ur opinion dont swear and be aggressive. Dont like content? Leave. NO need to hurt others feeling in the process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks sts.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Read my post 2 posts above. #mindblown #wisdom #newlesson #iwokeup #propost #deep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Whether you agree with the OP's sentiment or not, he's entitled to his opinion. All these people saying nobody should complain because "hey, they could have done nothing at all" are being ridiculous. STS put out content, and players have a right to voice their opinions about it. The new content should be compared to the rest of the game's content regardless of how low the bar of expectation has sunk due to the game's long drought of development.

Compared to the rest of the game, this expansion is very lacking in originality. Nobody could seriously argue it's of the caliber of most of the other content in the game. So in that respect, yes, it's not particularly exciting and certainly not up to what STS has shown it is capable of. But it's wrong to characterize it as "laziness", which is an unfair criticism. It's more like the budget for PL has been reduced dramatically, so they did what they could in the time frame they were allotted. A better way to put it would be that you're disappointed that PL is no longer provided the budget it deserves to put out top-notch content like it once did.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

We saw we weren't going to get all new content so we lowered our expectations an asked for reused content and got it. Thanks stg for something else to do.